Your Eyes : My Eyes

I'll be your Eyes

He heard the door of his bedroom creak.

"Hoseok?"

He asks, he had predicted that it was his bestfriend who has the courage to enter his room without knocking.

"That's very brilliant! How did you know?" Hoseok exclaims as he slowly goes to Yoongi's bed.

The boy with a white hair just shrugs looking towards the window.

"You didn't come for about 4 days I guess? Where have you been?" Yoongi said instead answering Hoseok's question. He feel his bed dip. He immediately turn his attention to Hoseok.

"Is it okay to give my eyes to someone?" Hoseok asks.

"Why would you give your eyes? You know, that seeing everything was nice." He said, a glint of sadness evident on his tone.

"Yeah, I know. But, I think it was nice to be blank. To be unaware for everything. Not all I see was nice hyung." Hoseok replied, staring to Yoongi's eyes.

"Why are we talking about these? You didn't even answered on your absence." Yoongi changed the topic. He didn't want to continue, he knows where this subject will be going.

"I'm just busy hyung, dance class is too hard." Hoseok explains.

They continue to talk about a lot of things. Their days will always spend like this, talking about everything until it's time for Hoseok to go home leaving Yoongi alone on his bedroom thinking. He didn't know, it was his last time to talk to Hoseok properly.

 

------------------

 

He heard 3 knocks on his door. He knew it was his mother. Of course it's not Hoseok. Hoseok, didn't know how to knock.

"Yoongi, I need to tell you something." His mother said as she entered the bedroom.

"Where's Hoseok mom?" He asks.

"That's what I'm going to tell you, Hoseok is in the hospital. I think he's kinda sick?" His mother explains, grabbing his left hand and caress it.

"What?" He said in disbelief.

"Do you want to see him?"

And they went to the hospital. The trip to the hospital was too quite, he didn't even talk his mother and vice versa. When the cab halts, his mother helps him going to Hoseok's hospital ward. His mother opens the door for him. And by the time the door opens, he heard the voice that he had been missing for almost 2 weeks.

"Hyung! What are you doing here! ?"

"Then, what are you doing here?" He said as he slowly made his way to the bed with the help of his mother.

"I really want get my out of here hyung but they won't allow me!" Hoseok shrieked kicking his feet off to the bed.

"You need to get well dear. Where's your mother?" Yoongi's mother said, as she sets the fruits on the table beside Hoseok's hospital bed.

"But I'm well!" He whined.

"Yes, I can see." Yoongi said laughing.

And then, as if nothing is wrong, they talk about everything. They didn't care about the time. When it was time to leave, it's the opposite. Instead Hoseok was the one who leaves, it's Yoongi. With a heavy heart, they part with a tight hug. Yoongi saying to Hoseok to be well and Hoseok promising that he will.

 

---------

 

Yoongi misses Hoseok so much. He's life before was dark and now it becomes darker. Everyday, he spends his time wondering how was Hoseok now. He always sits on his bed doing nothing, just thinking of his bestfriend. He tried to contact Hoseok but it always directs to voice mail.

 

------

 

"You'll now be able to see!" His mother exclaims.

Yoongi was beyond happy, he can now see! For his existence he was blind, and now there's someone who donates his eyes and luckily it's compatible to Yoongi. He can now be able to find Hoseok! That's his main goal.

After the surgery, his eyes was all bandaged. And when it was time to take it off, he's too nervous but excited at the same time. He opens his eyes slowly, he see blur. He blinks again and he see his mother and father beside him. It was all white, so this is the hospital he thought.

 

-------

 

He sits on his bed, he grabbed the photo frame on the table beside his bed. It was the picture taken two years ago.

He was sitting on his bed and he guess that Hoseok who was beside him, arms wrapped around his shoulders. The both of them wears a very big and bright smile.

"Hyung! I bought a frame! I also printed our picture and here! I'll place this in here."

He remembered Hoseok saying that.

"Hyung, I put something on the picture frame."

And then he remembered Hoseok saying that when they hugged each other on the hospital.

Yoongi immediately opens the back lid of the frame. His fingers trembling.

And he saw a letter.

 

 

Hyung! I know you can't determine if this was my handwritten but it is! Hahah, you didn't even notice that I carefully place this in the picture frame. But hyung, remember when I ask you about giving my eyes? It's you, that's the main reason why I would like to give my eyes. You know hyung, I didn't have enough time, I'll eventually die. I have a leukemia hyung, but before I die, or when I die, I want you to be able to see what I have seen hyung. So please, always tell me what have you seen, okay hyung? I love you hyung! And please don't cry!

 

 

You're best friend,

Jung Hoseok

 

 

 

End

 

 

An

How was it? Please leave comments! Thanks!