just love

Surprise

Hanbin sighs as he plops on his bed. Well, the hotel's bed. They just flew to Japan, having a hi-touch event on his birthday. On his birthday. Now that he's thinking about it, he's been working on his birthday for four years now. Even when he was a trainee. It's not that he hates it. He actually loves celebrating his birthday with the fans. Wishes he could sit with everyone of them and thank them for everything they've done. But it isn't a bad thing to want to spend your birthday with your family and friends, right? Hanbin just wants to celebrate his birthday with his family; his dad, his mom and Hanbyul. He wants to celebrate his birthday with the boys. He wants to celebrate his birthday with his girlfriend.

His girlfriend who hasn't replied to any of his messages or calls. Hanbin pouts as he checks the messages he sent Jennie. Why isn't she replying? Is she that busy? Or maybe she just forgot my birthday.

Well, he can't blame her. Jennie and the girls were currently preparing for their comeback on the first of November. She must be having a hard time, he thought. I hope she's okay.

Hanbin sighs for the nth time as he covers himself with the sheets. He's going to sleep, that's what he's gonna do. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. He goes through his camera roll, smiling as he watches pictures and videos of Jennie. It was a nightly routine. He couldn't sleep well without seeing her face and hearing her voice. After a whole five minutes, he sends a good night, i love you so much message to Jennie as he drops his phone on the bed and closes his eyes.

Two minutes later, he hears the door creak. A sign that someone just came in. It's probably Bobby, he thinks. But then, that said person jumps on his bed and straddles him, making Hanbin open his eyes. Since when did Bobby become this light? Ugh, Jinhwan-hyung..

He's about to punch the living hell out of Bobby or whoever it is on top of him when he feels long, soft hair brushing his face and he hears a familiar, beautiful giggle. He reaches out to switch the lamp shade on and is surprised to see the most beautiful girl he's ever met on top him. The small light illuminating the features on her face. Am I dreaming?, he thinks as his hands find his way to her waist. She's real.

"Surprise! Hi baby.." Jennie says as she leans down to press a soft kiss to Hanbin's lips, her hands planted on his chest. But Hanbin's too dazed to do anything right now. His eyes fixed on the girl smiling down on him.

"If this is a dream, please don't wake me up." Hanbin says, slowly sitting up as he brings his hand up to Jennie's face, softly caressing, memorizing every part of her.

"I'm real, idiot." Jennie says, lightly hitting Hanbin on the chest. Then, Hanbin realizes.. She is real. She's really here. He feels tears pricking his eyes as he wraps his arms around Jennie's waist and hugs the living hell out of her.

"I can't breathe." Jennie laughs as she happily wraps her arms around Hanbin's neck. Her face resting on his collarbones."Are you crying?" she teases him, hands going up to his hair.

Hanbin suddenly reaches to the nightstand, getting his beanie and immediately putting it on covering his face in the process. The beanie stopping just in the middle of his nose.

"What are you doing, love?" Jennie says, laughing and trying to get the beanie out of Hanbin's face.

"I'm ugly." Hanbin simply says, holding the beanie in place.

Jennie then stop laughing as soon as the words came out of Hanbin's mouth. Hanbin's always been insecure about his appearance. Always saying about how he's ugly, insecure about other boy idols. And frankly, Jennie doesn't understand why. Hanbin's the most handsome boy he's ever seen. Beautiful even. From his beautiful eyes, his nose, and his soft, pink lips. And it's not like she cares about a person's looks but she finds herself to have the most beautiful boy as her boyfriend. She didn't even care if his hair was like that. She didn't care if he was bald or if he had long hair, he would still be the most beautiful person in her eyes.

"Hey," Jennie tugs at Hanbin's beanie, carefully pulling it off from his face and head. Hanbin tries to stop her but she intertwines her fingers with his. "Stop it. You're not ugly. You never are and never will be." She says sincerely, placing her forehead against his. "I love you for who you are, not for what you look like." Softly placing a soft kiss to Hanbin's lips.

"I love you too, Jennie.." Hanbin starts, "but you've been ignoring me for two days." he says, pouting his lips.

Jennie giggles, "I'm sorry but it was part of the surprise. Plus, I had to convince Sajangnim to let me fly here. He almost didn't allow me.." she pouts too, making Hanbin's heart melt. God, I love her so much.

The alarm on Jennie's phone goes off, making both of them jump as they laugh at their silliness. 12:00 AM

"Happy birthday, baby. I love you so much.." she says "and I got you something. It's a little cheesy but," she laughs nervously, jumping out of Hanbin's lap to grab a paper bag by the edge of the bed. "I hope you'll like it."

"You didn't have to, love." Hanbin says, opening the paper bag and feeling the soft touch of the cloth. His hands finds a box. A red one. The gold text Cartier looking back at him.

He's just as nevous as Jennie who's looking at him with so much love. He opens the box and his heart swells as he sees a ring on a necklace chain. Holding it up, he stares at the engraving on the ring. Forever yours, J

"Here," she says, taking the necklace from his hands and placing it on him. "I have one too," taking the necklace from inside of her sweater. Hanbin touches her ring, Forever yours, H engraved on it.

"Do you like it?" she asks nervously, her hands playing with the hem of Hanbin's tank top. "I know it's too much of a commitment or something but-"

"I love you." Hanbin says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind Jennie's ear. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." he doesn't know how many times he said that but as he does, he's peppering kisses all over Jennie's face.

Jennie laughs, tears streaming down her face. "I love you too, idiot." she says, tackling Hanbin and trying to tickle him. Both of them laughing til their out of breath, their hearts full of love.

And later, after the boys come to greet Hanbin bringing in a cake and some balloons, singing him a birthday song, taking turns in hugging him; Bobby playfully trying to kiss Hanbin on the lips while Hanbin's hiding behind a laughing Jennie and a certain Jinhwan trying not to cry. After he hears his parents' voice, his mom telling him how proud she is of him and Hanbyul's voice cutely telling him happy birthday, oppa i love you. After reading all the messages from Yang Sajangnim, his sunbaes, from Epik High, Bigbang, Psy, 2ne1 noonas, from his Winner hyungs and from Lisa, Chaeyoung and Jisoo. After seeing all the fans' greetings for him, their messages, their gifts, seeing their love through a phone scream.

And now, having a sleeping Jennie in his arms, his right hand softly caressing her hair while his left hand is wrapper around her. Jennie's hands on his chest, her face buried in the crook of his neck. Hanbin smiles, the faint light catching the silver of their rings. Then he realizes, this is all he want in life. His family, s who are his brothers to him, his fans and her. 

"I love you so much," he whispers, softly pressing a kiss on her forehead.

Hanbin closes his eyes, sleep slowly taking him in.

And it's the best one he's had in weeks.


happy birthday to my favorite person in the entire universe, my baby kim hanbin <3
and idk why i did this but anyway hfshfs i hope you enjoy and thank you <3

p.s. jenbin is love i can confirm they've been secretly dating since they were trainees dijdhgdhgfd kidding