Boom boom

An incurable case

Sungyeol paced back and forth in the dim lit room, waiting for his boyfriend to come home. Taking deep breaths to calm himself, he mentally prepared the speech he was planning to tell his boyfriend. As minutes went by, his nervousness increased. How was the other going to react? He was almost sure that the other wouldn’t take it lightly, especially since he knew that it was probably supposed to be a secret.

He heard the locks unlock and he sharply inhaled, waiting for the person he had been anxiously waiting for.

“Hey Sungyeol.” His boyfriend said casually, as though like any other night, “You won’t believe what happened today. So I was at the canteen and then some girl comes and stands right beside me, and it was so awkward, and I wanted to leave, but I wanted food, so I was really conflicted and she just kept flirting with me, and even though I told her that I had a boyfriend, she didn’t even care. I mean, seriously, , I’m not going to cheat on someone I love very much for a like you. Like I know what I’m calling her is a bit harsh, but you should’ve seen what she was wearing. I promise I wasn’t trying to look. I was seriously just staring at her face, but I could see her cleavage and her skirt was so short. It was disgusting.” His boyfriend continued to rant about the girl’s attire and complain about how girls did not respect him, not noticing Sungyeol’s tense self.

He cleared his throat quietly, however loud enough for his boyfriend to notice the tension. “Y-Yeol? Is there something wrong?”

Sungyeol nibbled his lower lip, nervous. He began to fiddle with the hem of his shirt, looking down, as the previous speech he had practiced was forgotten.

“Sungyeol?” His boyfriend asked concerned. “What’s wrong?”

“We need to talk.” He muttered.

“What? What do you mean talk?” He let out an awkward chuckle, Sungyeol could see his eyes glistening more, as he blinked slightly more than usual, “I-Is this because I didn’t do the dishes last night? I promise I’ll do it tonight.”

“I-It’s not that.” Sungyeol whispered.

“I-I can do better. I’ll learn how to cook so we don’t have to have take-out every second day. A-And I’ll take out the trash every Monday. I promise.”

“Myungsoo.”

“Why?”

“Myungsoo.” Sungyeol didn’t know what else to say other than his boyfriend’s name.

“Please don’t. I’ll do better. I promise. Please just don’t-”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He sniffed.

“-break up with me.” Myungsoo finished.

The two paused and stared at each other, “What?” They asked at the same time.

“What do you mean break up with you?” Sungyeol ask, in a sharper tone.

“A-Aren’t you breaking up with me?”

“Why would I break up with you?”

“You said the line.”

“What line?”

“The ‘We need to talk’ line.”

“Not talk about that! Why would I break up with you?” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“I-I thought…” Overwhelmed, Myungsoo broke down into tears, trying his best to wipe them away and sniffing rapidly.

“Oh God. No no no no Myungsoo don’t cry.”

“I’m… not… crying.” He replied, rubbing his tears away, “I-I’m just h-h-happy.”

Sungyeol leaned in to kiss the corner of Myungsoo’s lips softly, before hugging him, his head leaning on the other’s chest like how they liked it.

Remember the reason why he was going to sit Myungsoo down, he quickly pulled himself away and stared at the other seriously. “So we need to talk.”

He saw Myungsoo’s eyes widen.

“I’m not breaking up with you, don’t worry.” He said, seeing the other relax slightly.

“So what is it about?”

“I had a class today.” He began slowly, seeing the other nod in acknowledgement. “And we learnt about symptoms of having heart disease. And all the symptoms that were listed seemed to fit what you had. Why didn’t you tell me you had a heart disease?”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened, and he opened his mouth ajar to try and say something, “What?”

Sungyeol nodded, “Rapid beating, palpitations, you sometimes complain that your heart feels funny, and sometimes it spreads to your stomach and stuff. You have a heart disease don’t you?”

Myungsoo blinked in shock. Sungyeol prepared himself, expecting him to cry and again and beg for his forgiveness for not telling him, however, he was shocked when he saw the other began to laugh.

“W-Why are you laughing?” Sungyeol asked, clearly confused. “It’s not funny, Myungsoo!” He pouted.

“But I don’t have a heart disease.”

“But everything you described fits the criteria.”

“But I don’t have a heart disease.” He repeated, “I get yearly check- ups. You know that, Yeol.”

“Then why do you suffer from those symptoms?”

He tilted his head and shrugged cutely, “But I know that when I’m around you it happens the most.” He hinted.

Sungyeol’s eyes widened, “Oh my gosh, have I been giving you a disease? Maybe we should limit our meetings. I don’t want you to die.” He exclaimed, before running to the room and locking the door before shouting out a muffled “Good night!”

~

Myungsoo sulked as he sipped on his milk, “Why are you being a baby?” his friend asked teasingly.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” He replied, continuing to sulk.

“Come on, Myungsoo, tell your favourite Hyung what is wrong.” His friend grinned. “You know me, I can fix everything.”

“Sungyeol keeps keeping a distance away from me.”

“What? Why? How is that even possible? You guys are inseparable.”

“You’re not helping, Woohyun.”

“Then tell me why he’s distancing himself away from you.”

Myungsoo proceeded to explain to him the details of the conversation the couple had had almost a week ago.

Woohyun boomed in laughter, “Why don’t you tell him the truth?” He asked after calming himself down.

“Because he’s cute when he’s worried like that.” He smiled dreamingly.

“Aish, this kid. What about this? I’ll take you to Sunggyu, and then he’ll get you tested, you know, just in case you actually have a heart disease. And if your heart beat is regular then you can use the documents to show Sungyeol.”

~

“I study for 5 years in University and work my off to find a job just to record your heartbeat for your boyfriend.” Sunggyu sighed.

“No, I actually want to see if there’s something wrong with me.” Myungsoo pouted. “I just said that I wanted to prove to him that I’m healthy.”

“You two are seriously the weirdest couple I have ever met in my life.”

“Says the one dating Woohyun.” He mumbled, gaining a light slap on the back of his head. Myungsoo rubbed his head, in exaggeration, “I can sue you for hurting your patient.”

“Like you would.” Sunggyu laughed, “Come on, take off your shirt and lay on the bed.”

“Hey, I’ve got a boyfriend. Don’t seduce me like this.”

“Are you serious, Myungsoo? That is disgusting.”

He stared back innocently, “What do you mean?”

~

“SUNGYEOLLIE!” The said man jumped and snapped his head to the screeching voice coming from his boyfriend.

“Myungsoo!” He yelled back, standing up to leave.

“No don’t leave!” His boyfriend yelled back running to him and clinging onto his arms.

Sungyeol smiled widely, trying not to laugh. “What’s wrong, my Myungsoo?”

His boyfriend beamed as soon as he heard the ‘my’ in front of his name, “I went to get tested today.”

“Tested for what?”

“My heart.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened, “Oh, are you okay? Did you get worse? Did I make you worse?” He asked worriedly.

He shook his head, “I went to Sunggyu Hyung and he said that I was completely fine.”

“Completely fine?”

“Yeah! My resting heart rate is 73 beats per minute.”

“Really?!” Sungyeol exclaimed, “That’s the average.”

“Yeah! I told you, I feel perfectly fine!” He laughed.

“That’s great!” Sungyeol grinned, “I knew keeping my distance would save you.”

Myungsoo smiled, “Now you can’t leave me ever again. I miss hugging you.”

The other laughed and nodded, hugging him tightly, “I missed you a lot too.”

~

Myungsoo sat in front of the TV staring at its contents in interest.

He noticed Sungyeol tiredly climb beside him and rest his head on his chest, like usual. He smiled and continued to fix his gaze on the TV.

He heard a small gasp from his boyfriend and looked down in question.

“Your heart is beating really fast again.” He pouted. “It must really be me giving you pain.”

Myungsoo shook his head cutely and pouted, “I’m not in pain. I like this.”

“No, I don’t want to hurt you. It wasn’t beating that fast, but as soon as I rested my head on it, it began to beat really really fast.” Sungyeol replied worried. He chewed on his lower lip and stared at Myungsoo. “B-But I don’t want to leave anymore.”

His boyfriend smiled, “It’s nothing. I like this feeling.”

Sungyeol shot him a weird look, “That’s a bit strange.”

He let out a wide smile in return, making the other shake his head.

“I want to go to the doctors with you tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“Because you could have been lying when you told me you were fine.”

“I really am fine!”

“Myungsoo.”

He pouted, “I don’t like the doctors though.”

“Please?”

“Aren’t you studying the heart? Maybe you can check it for me.” He grinned innocently.

“I’m only a student.” Sungyeol whined, “We need professional advice. We’ll go to Sunggyu again.”

“But Sunggyu doesn’t like me.” Myungsoo cried.

“Myungsoo, he’s you brother.”

“So?” He pouted, “Brothers can still hate each other.”

He sighed, “He’s dating your best friend.”

“So?”

Sungyeol sighed, “He helped me get into my course even knowing that I was dating you.”

Myungsoo pouted and begged him with his eyes to let it go.

“I’m not falling for that, Myungsoo. Come on, if you go, then I’ll promise that I won’t ever bring up this topic ever again.”

He grinned, “You promise?”

“Promise.” He replied, interlocking their pinkies.

~

“Oh my gosh you guys are here again.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

Myungsoo stood behind Sungyeol, holding tightly onto his hand.

“What’s with him?” Sunggyu asked.

“He’s being a baby.”

“Thanks for stating the obvious.”

Sungyeol grinned and gave him a salute, “We’re here for a check- up.”

“But you were here for a check- up two days ago!” He replied incredulously.

“Sungyeol forced me!” Myungsoo yelled in defense.

Sunggyu ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, nodding and accepting the fact that his brother and his partner was the most stupid people he had met.

“Okay, Myungsoo.” He nodded.

~

After what seemed to be hours, but was only 15 minutes of fiddling with his sleeves anxiously, Sungyeol finally stood up to see Myungsoo’s beaming face as he walked out of the room.

“How was it?”

“I told you I was good!” He smiled happily, showing Sungyeol the results.

“What is this?”

“I thought you were studying about this.”

“I’m only doing my first year!”

“It’s my heart beat patterns.”

“110 beats per minute?! That’s horrible! Myungsoo, something’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong.” Sunggyu sighed.

“What do you mean? I may be stupid, but I know for sure that this is a bad sign.”

“Yeah for someone who has that as a resting heart rate.”

“What?”

“This kid won’t even stay still. This is his heart rate when resting.” Sunggyu provided, showing one where it was only 73 beats per minute.

Myungsoo laughed in glee as he saw his boyfriend calm down slightly.

“Yah, why did you scare me like that?”

“Because you’re cute.” Myungsoo tease, making the other blush slightly. He handed Sungyeol the papers which had shown his rapid heartbeat. “This one’s for you.” He smiled.

“Why?”

“Because it’s what happens to my heart when I think of you.”

Sungyeol’s eyes tripled in size. His head whipped to Sunggyu who was trying his best to not cringe at the cheesiness, “I told you he was sick! It’s all because of me too!” He cried, clearly upset.

“You really are dense.” Sunggyu muttered.

“What?”

He sighed, “Yeah, he surely does suffer from various of conditions.”

“See, I knew it.” Sungyeol whispered, “Like what?”

“Like lovesick and stupidity.”

 


As you can tell that was random af xD I mean...I wrote this in like an hour at 4AM 

anyways, till next time please stay safe and well c: Oh and go wish Yvonne a happy bday hahahahha