domestic!hyunwoo fluff

smile | hyunwoo

It's one of those rare days that Hyemi wakes up before her husband. He usually has to go to work before her body has even thought of waking up, but today she opens her eyes to the sight of Hyunwoo's chest rising and falling peacefully. 

His arms are wrapped around her, with his chin resting atop of her head. The position is incredibly warm and comfortable and she's thankful that it's Wednesday, a day off for the both of them. Surely their child could miss one day of daycare. She really doesn't want to leave the bed, Hyemi thinks as she snuggles closer into Hyunwoo's frame.

Hyunwoo's light snores stop after a while, and then she feels him pulling away to look in her eyes. The smile he gives her is sweet and dazed, considering he just woke up, and the way his eyes crinkle and become even smaller when he does this causes affection to swell in her chest. 

"Have I ever told you how much I love your smile?" She says, her words muffled behind the blanket. He gives her an endearing look as he chuckles, the smile never leaving his features. The blanket is pushed away and soon Hyunwoo has his lips pressed against her's in a chaste kiss.

"Ryu has to go to daycare today, baby." Hyunwoo's husky morning voice fills her ears and she really dreads it as he unwraps his arms from around her. She pouts as Hyunwoo sits up to put his slippers on. She still hasn't moved when he looks over at her expectantly an eyebrow raised.

Hyemi rolls over to his side of the bed, where he sits at the foot. It so warm over here, just like she thought it would be. "She can miss one day, right?" She's got a hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling his body over her's. "We can have a lazy day."

Hyunwoo's smile almost blinds her, and she takes another moment to fully appreciate it. All that seems to matter this morning is him; his warmth, his smile - him. Right now, Hyemi is really glad she married this man.

He places a kiss against her cheek and chuckles softly. "You're really something else, you know."

This time, it's her giving him a smile. "Can't I just enjoy being in each other's presence for an entire day?"

His nose nuzzles in her neck, his breath tickling the skin there as he speaks. "I love you."

Then Hyemi is muttering the same words into his lips, and they spend the entire day lazing around the house, just like she wanted. And eventually, their tiny daughter gets sandwiched in between them and Hyemi couldn't have asked for a better way to spend her days.

--

 this is like the shortest thing i've ever written but i just needed some hyunwoo domestic fluff in my life ok