Journey

Upside down

 

“I'll just end it now and you guys won't have to worry about me anymore. You can be free and be happy together.” Eunwoo stands up and takes a moment to take in the destructive scenery around them. The town they knew and loved is in shambles now. There are dead bodies everywhere and Eunwoo can't help but feel responsible for this. She clenches her fist as she tries her best to hold in the tears that so badly want to escape.

 

“No! If you do this then you'll die!” A voice cries out to her. Arms wrap around her frame and she does her best to return the hug. The skin against hers is ice cold and very pale. Her eyes meet with a girl who has long black hair. Her eyes are full of emotion and Eunwoo can see the tears in them as well.

 

“So!? If you guys can live then it's totally worth it.” Eunwoo murmurs but is crushed under the female's hug again. She feels even more cold skin against hers and realizes that now someone is hugging her from behind. She turns her head to see another girl who is just as pale with long black hair. The only really way to tell them apart is their distinct features and choice of clothing.

 

“Eunwoo! That's not what we want. We want you to be with us.” The female behind her says in a quiet voice that is almost a whisper. Eunwoo feels her heart skip a beat from their dedication.

 

“If one of us goes down then we all go down together.” Another voice says. A tall female stands up and limps her way over to the group. She holds her abdomen while doing so, it's bleeding profusely. The first girl to hug her runs over to help the injured one with a whine. Eunwoo doesn't know what to feel and finally let's herself cry.

 

She closes her eyes for a moment and when she opens them, the three girls are all laying in pools of blood. Eunwoo starts to hyperventilate at the scene and falls to her knees. She doesn't know what to do besides scream and so she does. She bangs her fists on the ground in frustration and hears footsteps approaching her. She looks up to see a familiar face, but cannot remember who it belongs to.

 

“See? This is all your fault. If you would have surrendered they could have lived. Now, hand it over.” The taunting makes her angry and she gets up to start throwing random punches at the individual. They all miss and she can only hear that person laughing at her pathetic antics.

 

“No! You'll have to kill me first!” She shouts back in between tears and sees the person in front of her smirk wickedly. They have a brief power struggle before Eunwoo can feel herself being lifted in the air by her shirt.

 

“So be it!” Is that last thing she hears before feeling a sword stab through her middle. She chokes briefly on air and feels the sharp pain. Everything is going blurry and then black.

 

~~

Eunwoo sits up immediately afterwards in her bed. A cold sweat encompasses her body and she can't help but feel gross. The dream has her disturbed and confused. The weirdest part is that her stomach hurts right now as if she had been stabbed. Her eyes wander over to her alarm clock on the nightstand beside her bed.: 5:38 am. She should shower before school.

 

She enters her bathroom rather groggily, but still very much awake. Her heart is still pounding from that terrible nightmare. She tosses off her sleep shirt and gasps when she sees a dark red mark across her stomach. Her body gets chills, but she tries to shake it off as just a coincidence.

She spends most of her time in the shower just mulling over her bizarre dream. In a matter of time she's in her uniform and off to take the bus to school. She enters the bus and sees her best friend Yebin in the back listening to music as usual. Eunwoo plops beside her and Yebin takes off her headphones to chat.

 

“Yo 'sup and good morning Yebin!” Eunwoo lazily tosses an arm around her shorter counterpart's shoulders and gives her a good squeeze. Yebin seems pleased by this.

 

“Hey Eunwoo. Ready for today's math test?” She grins and watches Eunwoo's face turn pale.

 

“What!? We have a test?” Eunwoo groans loudly and has the urge to dig out her math textbook even though she knows she won't even read it. The last grade she got was a 13 and that was when she studied. Yeah, math was her number one enemy ever.

 

“Seriously? You don't pay attention at all, do you?” Yebin scolds and Eunwoo rolls her eyes. Yevin was a goody two-shoes sometimes and liked to brag about her grades.

 

“Uhh..you got me there.” Eunwoo shrugs and watches their mutual friend Siyeon get on the bus before it takes off. She sits next to Eunwoo as she usually does every morning. The three of them are usually always together. Eunwoo raises a hand and proceeds to fist bump Siyeon.

 

“You need to stop sleeping in class.” Yebin gives Eunwoo a flick on the forehead. Eunwoo's happy expression turns sour and she smirks to herself.

 

“Yeah and you need to stop making that rap career happen.” Eunwoo announces with a nod and Siyeon starts to laugh loudly. Yebin was super crazy about rapping and had just recently started making it into her hobby. She made a rap about everything and anything.

 

“DISS!” Siyeon chimed in and gave Eunwoo a high five. Yebin just stared at both of them super offended, but tried to play it off coolly.

 

“Excuse me? I'll have you know some people like my mix tape.” She gives her short hair a flip and smacks Eunwoo in the face with it. Eunwoo gently pushes her away and continues the teasing.

 

“Your mom doesn't count, okay?” Siyeon laughs even harder and Yebin whines out loud. Eunwoo has to apologize and make it a point she was kidding. The three of them finally settle down and things go quiet between them for awhile. Eunwoo's mind keeps going back to that weird dream. She's confused on why it's still bugging her so much.

 

“I wish something interesting would happen in my life. It's so boring.” Eunwoo mumbled under her breath as she stared up at the ceiling of the bus.

 

 

~~

 

The trio exits the bus and are on their way to class for the day. Yebin goes in first and Eunwoo is ready to follow her until she feels a hand a grab her arm. She turns to see Siyeon with a concerned look on her face.

 

“Be careful today, okay?” She releases Eunwoo from her grip who looks amused at this.

 

“Huh? What's gotten into you all of a sudden?” She raises a hand to mess up Siyeon's hair who glares at her in return as she returns her perfect locks back into place.

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to be nice.” She huffs and brushes past Eunwoo to into the school. Eunwoo shrugs and walks into the school which has her stomach aching as soon as she does. The pain from her dream resurfaces and grabs at her middle with a whimper. She should have eaten breakfast. She tries to tell herself it's hunger and nothing more.

 

She makes her way over to her locker and opens it to get some of her textbooks. She's doing her best to distract herself from the pain and feels a hand on her shoulder.

 

“You okay? You don't look so well.” The kind voice speaks to her quite lovingly. Eunwoo flushes a bit and smiles back at her sunbae, Kim Sejung.

 

“I'm cool! Never been better.” She lies quite obviously. Sejung rubs the top of her head affectionately which makes Eunwoo's heart do weird things.

 

“If you ever need anything, I'm here for you okay?” Sejung's voice is just making Eunwoo more and more nervous. She nods quickly in response and watches the girl head out to another part of the school. Sejung is Eunwoo's favorite sunbae and admires her a lot. Sejung always goes out of her way to take care of her and if she wasn't dating Somi then Eunwoo would have confessed to her a long time ago.

 

Sejung was kind of everyone's second mother though. She always was checking up on everyone and trying to make them smile if they were feeling down. Eunwoo knew it was just that with her and nothing else. She couldn't make Sejung smile the way that Jun Somi could. No one could. She wonders how Somi is holding up. Somi is merely a freshman in their school, but obtained popularity fast due to how easily she makes friends.

 

She is one of the kindest people ever and somehow stole the heart of Kim Sejung. The two were inseparable and grew even closer after it was announced that Somi's father had been murdered about two months ago. Everyone had been doing their best to take care of her after that. Somi had changed though. Her brightness had dimmed completely and her sparkling eyes had darkened. Eunwoo chalked it up to her being depressed and didn't push the subject.

 

Eunwoo pushed the weird thoughts out of her head and made her way to her first class.

 

~~

 

“You ready?” Sejung asks cautiously to Eunwoo. Eunwoo nods and gets off of the floor with her other classmates. Sejung tosses her a wooden sword and the two of them assume the proper position for their spar. They had the same match every day in their morning kendo class. Sejung was considered the best in the class and remained undefeated. Eunwoo really wanted to have the honor of beating her just once before graduation rolled around the corner.

 

“Begin!” Their instructor shouted and the two girls clashes blades right away. There is a power struggle between them as Eunwoo attempts to overpower Sejung which works for a moment as she takes a step back. Eunwoo smirks as if she's already won and lifts her sword up to break away from the clash to attempt a strike. Sejung blocks her blow and strikes back which causes Eunwoo to lose her footing. She stumbles a bit, but comes back to striking rapidly at Sejung who continues to dodge everything.

 

“You're getting a lot better Eunwoo.” That's what Sejung tells her every morning right before she ends the match. Eunwoo isn't about to let that happen again and charges towards Sejung with everything she has. Her speed isn't enough and she continues to fail at getting a hit in. Sejung simply waves her blade once to get Eunwoo off guard and strikes upward which makes Eunwoo fall over with a grunt. The instructor blows his whistle to show that the match is over. Eunwoo isn't wounded but her pride is, as usual. Sejung offers her a hand and helps her up with the kindest of smiles.

 

“You'll beat me someday. I'm sure of it.” She is always reassuring and encouraging. Eunwoo nods with a sigh of defeat.

 

“I really want to be like you Sejung unni. You're good at everything!” Sejung laughs in response to this and shakes her head. She denies it every time, but to Eunwoo it's a sure fire fact. Eunwoo has three classes with Sejung and she's an ace in all of them. Kendo, choir, and baking.

 

“Nah. I'll see you in choir later. I'm going to go walk Somi to class.” Sejung announces her departure with a wave and is off. Eunwoo goes the other direction towards her math class. Eunwoo made it to her math class and was prepared to face her death aka her math test.

 

The school day came and went in a flash of an eye. Eunwoo was so relieved when she walked out of the building, but was mentally cringing at the thought of her results on the math test. She waited outside of school for a few minutes for Yebin and Siyeon. They were always there when she left, but not today.

 

She tried to shake it off by putting on her headphones and heading towards the bus. She was too into the beats of her music to really notice anything going on around her. Her song ended and she looked up to notice it was night now. She wasn't near her school at all, but was in an abandoned city. She took off her headphones to look around in confusion.

 

“Anyone here?” She announced out loud to no one in particular. An eerie silence. She continued walking and trying to spot some kind of form of life. That was when she saw them. Two girls approaching her, dressed in odd clothing. They were both pale as ghosts with black hair. One in a white ruffled dress, the other in a black one, both had pony tails. They stopped in front of her and Eunwoo realized they were the ones she had seen in her dream this morning.

 

“Hey, what are you names?” Eunwoo said casually. The girl in white looked at the one in black with a smirk.

 

“How nice of you to ask. I'm Jieqiong and this is Chaeyeon. We're not sisters before you ask.” Jieqiong said and Chaeyeon nodded along. Eunwoo was happy to see that they seemed to be friendly.

 

“My name is Eunwoo and I know we're going to be best friends.” She said this in a serious way. Chaeyeon laughed at this and then Jieqiong joined in. Eunwoo smiled nervously at them. They began to circle her menacingly.

 

“Well, unfortunately for you- we're hungry vampires. I don't think we can be friends.” Jieqiong replied and Eunwoo remained unphased. That was until the two of them revealed their fangs and tried to grab her. She screamed and shoved them off to the best of her ability and began running in the other direction. They were chasing her and almost caught up to her at that.. The deadly pair was super fast and Eunwoo couldn't believe she was going to die without graduating from high school. She ended up running into a dead end: An alley way with a chain link fence.

 

She began her trek to climb the fence until Chaeyeon landed on top of it and when she turned to run, Jieqiong stood behind her. She had never felt her heart beat this fast in her life and wasn't sure what to do. She closed her eyes and readied herself for her impending death until she heard a growl that sounded like a wolf. She was shoved to the ground and peered up to see a tall girl with yellow eyes along with long claws growling at the duo. She was the one that was injured in her dream!

 

“Oh, why are you trying to take our prey from us?” Jieqiong asked in an amused yet annoyed tone while the other stared at the newcomer. There was a subtle between them, Eunwoo sworn she saw Jieqiong's eyes scanning the girl's body.

 

“You're in my territory!” She snarled back at them and Eunwoo used the opportunity to crawl behind the tall stranger. The vampires seemed too focus on her now and maybe she could escape.

 

“Hey, what's your name!? I have to know the name of my hero! I'm Eunwoo!” The entire group just gaped at her oddly. How and why would she ask such a thing?

 

“.......Nayoung. I'm not saving you.” The answer came right away and then the tension built back up in the air.

 

“Mm..guess we'll have to your blood instead then Nayoung.” Jieqiong quipped and the three of them began to fight it out while Eunwoo fled to safety. Eunwoo almost collapsed in the empty street as she tried to regain her breath. What the hell was going on? She couldn't breathe and those people back there clearly weren't human. She wanted to scream out for help until she heard another person approaching. Her body twisted in ways she didn't know it could as she leap up preparing to run the other way. That was until she noticed the person in question was her beloved sunbae: Sejung.

 

Sejung was dressed in a dark cloak with an eye patch covering her left eye. She had a large scepter looking staff in her right hand. She looked like she was doing a weird low budget cosplay. Eunwoo wasn't one to judge and was just happy to see someone she knew.

 

“Sunbaenim!” Eunwoo cried out to her desperately and latched on to her waist for comfort. Sejung stared down at her with the coldest eyes that she had ever seen. They seemed darker than even the vampires from before. Sejung shoved her off with the staff she was carrying in her hand and Eunwoo was utterly confused.

 

“How are you able to get in here? Are you not human Eunwoo?” The question only seemed to make things worse. Why was this a thing all of a sudden?

 

“Of course I'm a human! Why wouldn't I be!?” That was when Eunwoo realized that the voice and the face she had seen last night in her dream was Sejung. Fear hit her entire being and the sharp pain from before had returned, but this time with blood. The wound was open. Sejung took notice of this turn of events and Eunwoo watched the corner of her lips turn into a smile.

 

“Oh, that's right. You lost our little game last night didn't you? Back for more? How many times will you let them die Eunwoo?” Eunwoo in a harsh breath and hoped that any second that she would wake up from this dream.

 

“What...what are you talking about!?” Eunwoo tried her best to cover the fresh wound which happened to bleeding harder than ever now.

 

“I'm tired of playing with you. This is the last round. If they die this time it's game over.” Sejung lifted her up by her shirt just as she had in the dream last night and Eunwoo didn't have any strength to fight back and was ready to die this time for good. She saw a leg come out of nowhere and kick Sejung in the face making her lose her grip on Eunwoo who plummeted to the ground. She had been rescued by Jieqiong.

 

She wanted to give a proper thank you, but was at a loss of words when she saw an arrow flying through the sky coming right at the vampire. Jieqiong cringed and was ready to take the hit, but the pain never came. She opened to her eyes to see Nayoung towering over her with the arrow sticking out of her back. Nayoung collapsed against her body and Jieqiong was quick to hold the fallen werewolf against her body.

 

“Nayoung!? Why? We're enemies!” She could feel Nayoung's labored breathing quickening and felt an odd amount of warmth coming to her pale face when the yellow eyes stared directly into her own.

 

“A true alpha always protects the pack.” She manages to get out before falling unconscious in the vampire's arms.

 

“I'm not even a werewolf..” She whined and hold the warm body close, loving the way it felt against her icy skin. She desperately prayed that Nayoung would wake up again, something she hadn't done since she was last alive before her death.

 

“What a sweet moment. You'll both be good to remember it as you die.” Eunwoo forced herself to look away from the touching scene to see Somi aiming a crossbow at both of them. Jieqiong didn't try to fight it and only held Nayoung as close as possible. Sejung rubbed at her jaw which now had a forming bruise as she stood beside Somi with a proud look on her face. Eunwoo wanted to save both of them as they had saved her, but she had no power. She couldn't even beat Sejung in class let alone without any weapon and a massive wound.

 

“Eunwoo, you have to get out of here. We can handle this.” Eunwoo felt a cold hand on her arm and saw Chaeyeon suddenly beside her. She looked at her desperately for help and wasn't exactly sure how she was going to get out of this.

 

“Kill them first.” Sejung suggests to Somi who turns her arrow towards Chaeyeon. Eunwoo feels her body start to go into panic and she can no longer breathe. Time feels like it's stopped for a moment as Chaeyeon stares deep into her eyes.

 

“Sorry.” She hears Chaeyeon say to her before she feels a pair of fangs digging deep into her neck. She screams in pain at the sensation and suddenly her eyes open. She's not in the dark city anymore, but on the school's soccer field. She falls on to her hands and knees in the grass as she tries to breathe through her anxiety attack. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see Siyeon watching her.

 

 

 

 

HTGJUFISK

This was soooo hard to write ugh

Please leave me comments to keep me motivated nyahaha

You guys seem to want Eunwoo to be paired with someone...so readers it is up to you

Siyeon or Chaeyeon?