First love

Very Nice

The weather today resembles you

 

The road to you is a flowery path

 

When I can see into your hidden heart

 

I get this tingle

What is this feeling?

 

Very Nice...

 

 

I don't think I can ever forget that night after the concert. In the front row was a girl dressed in all red like a rose. Her skin was like milk, her lips sweet and her eyes so mesmerizing. I almost couldn't break my gaze. All the other girls surrounding her were wearing T-shirts with our group's name on it making her stand out even more. If Scoups had not called for me to get off the stage I may have stood there forever.

 

''Vernon, what are you doing? The concert is over stop trying to flirt with the fan.'' he told me as he put me in a headlock causing me to wail out. I would have mentioned the girl but the last thing I needed to be reminded about was my endless flirting. I was a shy boy naturally but around pretty women I became a different person almost. Words of love and flirtation just float off my tongue like honey. It really was out of my control , almost most like I was programmed to do so. If I had a moment alone with that girl in red I was certain that I probably flirt with her endlessy. Too bad I'll probably never see her again. At leas that's what I thought until again at a fan meet the next month there she was again wearing all red like she had stepped out of a whimsical music video. Her eyes were on me the whole time and for the first time I felt like I couldn't be cool. I found myself stumbling during our performance with my rap lyrics and unable to answer questions during the get-to-know-us portion.

 

What was this feeling?

 

Woozi thought that I was sick and asked me if I wanted to leave. I quickly said no. I didn't want to I needed to see that girl up close. When finally after the longest hour in my life we had a chance to sign autographs. I waited and waited until finally she approached me. All the guys also had their eyes on her like me. It was impossible not to look at her she was so freaking gorgeous. I could hear them whisper in envy that she had not stop in front of them.

 

'' Vernon..'' she said my name so softly that my heart leaped.

 

''That's me. Uh..you want my autograph?'' I must have sounded so stupid.Of course she wants it she wouldn't be standing in front of me if she didn't. Why couldn't I say what I really wanted?

 

She giggled and nodded her head.

 

''Alright, tell me your name.'' I asked her and the strangest look was on her face. She seemed nervous as she bit her lip and looked to the side at nothing in particular. I assumed it was shyness so I asked again a bit softly.

 

''Give me one.'' Was her response once she looked at me again. I couldn't help but to chuckle. Was this her little idea of getting my attention. I mean the stunning red dress and her beauty was enough but I decided to go along with it.

 

''Cherry.'' That's what I decided to go with. I wasn't too good with names but it felt fitting. She was red, sweet and y just like one. I took my time signing her my autograph not wanting this sweet moment to end. Plus I liked the way the others were looking at me in jealousy. Once I handed it over she gave me this look, I can't even recall how it was it was almost like she was casting a spell on me..it was..very nice.

 

That whole week I couldn't get Cherry off my mind. No girl had ever caught my attention so strongly. I knew nothing about her and have only seen her twice and yet I felt like we were meant to be. Am I crazy? I see beautiful women all the time what made her so different? I couldn't put my finger on it. I tried asking Woozi but I just couldn't put the question into words. And he just thought I was being weirdo Vernon again. I give up..this is pointless I will never see her again. At least once again that was what I thought.

 

There she was one day on set for our new music video as the 'It' girl. Our manager had fallen for her and said she was perfect. Today she was not in red but in regular street clothes but still the signature red lipstick on her lips. I can't remember how everything went and once more I was messing up more than usual. Cherry had this affect on me. Every time I had to make eye contact with her I felt almost like an explosion inside my body. I thought I would die before the shoot was even over. Thank God I didn't and this time I decided I would not let her disappear. This was a third chance given to me to finally make her encounters permanent. I needed her in my life. While everyone stopped for a break to get food I took her hand and lead her alone to a room. I made sure no one saw us because I would get in trouble for being alone with this forbidden fruit. I felt words leave me and I became the shy boy once again as we stood there in a white room. Once again my mouth said words I didn't want to say .

 

''I like you.''

 

She smiled and replied.

 

''I like you too.''

 

There it was my first love story. I thought I was going to be the happiest guy on the planet. Whenever I had free time I made sure I spent it with her. I loved her almost more than I love my music. I was obsessed and crazy in love so bad that S Coups would kidnap my phone from me. The torture. Everything was perfect until one date I saw different side to cherry ..the tart one.

 

''I don't like him.'' she said out of thin air.

 

''Who baby? Who don't you like?'' I asked her with a worried expression.

 

''Jeonghan. I don't like how he looks at me.'' her eyes went dark. ''I want you to make him stop.''

 

''How does he look at you?'' I asked now feeling confused. I thought all the guys loved her. What waws this so suddenly.

 

''Like I'm ugly.He makes me feel so ugly. I hate him.'' she raised her voiced at the last words that left her tongue.

 

I told her I would talk to him about it after our date. I really didn't want any conflict between us. She was like the little sister of Seventeen. After the date , I went straight to Jeonghan to confront him about what Cherry had said and I got a response I had not expected.

 

'' There's something odd about her. I think you should stop dating her.'' he grabbed my hands and looked at me with concern. ''Don't you ever notice how oddly she sticks to you. She's like obsessed.''

 

I let out a small chuckle. ''I'm obsessed too. It's normal when you fall in love.''

 

''No..she's beyond normal obsessed.'' he said in a serious tone as he squeezed my hands. It felt like he didn't want to let me go. I let out a sigh.

 

''Normal obsessed? Jeonghan do you not hear what you are saying? There is no such thing as normal obsessed. Come on..what bad has she done? And being clingy is adorable just chill man.'' I remove my hands from him and patted him on the head. He didn't like when I treated him like a kid esspecially since I was the younger one after all. It was a habit with Jeonghan I don't know why. I remember when we first met I nearly mistaken him for a girl. That was so awkward and I hate Woozi for not saying anything when I was first . I should have known. Why would they put a girl in an all boys Kpop group. Vernon..Vernon what am I to do with myself.

 

It looked like Jeonghan wanted to say more but he held back but the look of worried didn't leave his face. It didn't leave my mind either and after that little warning I slowly started to see what he meant by 'beyond normal obsessed'. There were days where Cherry would just follow me down the street without saying anything or if one of the members were talking to me for too long she would glare at them..again not saying anything. It felt like she had turned to a living doll just staring and watching everything I do. I hated to admit it but she was scaring me.

 

And what made matters even more odd was regardless of how long we dated she wouldn't tell me her real name. In fact, if I even brought it up she would get very angry at me and almost violent. So I stopped asking.

 

It was her birthday..this was the last day of my happy forever love. Cherry had no friends other than me and the guys so the party was kinda small if you think a girl and a thirteen member boy group in one room is small. I had asked Woozi and Jeonghan help me with a song that I had written about her. Woozi was like the master of music and Jeonghan had such an angelic presences about him. When we performed it for her right on a mini little stage in a karaoke room I thought she would you know. Be like 'Oh Vernon I love you tee hee.' But no I got the opposite reaction. It was of hate and pure anger. I don't know if it was because she hated the song or my horrible attempt at singing voice at first. She just kept glaring at me and Jeonghan especially at him.

 

''Stop doing that.'' she yelled at him.

 

''What did he do Cherry?'' I asked her.

 

''That..I told you. He keeps doing that!'' she knocked over the table with the drinks and the cake. Hoshi tried to get her to calm down but she pushed him away and kept screaming before running out the room. I tried to follow her but Jeonghan grabbed me.

 

''That's it. I don't think you should be with her anymore. She's crazy.''

 

''She's not. You need to stop bullying her. Tell me what you did.'' I was getting angry now and was ready to start a fight. He didn't respond to my question so I hit him and after that fist were flying until the leader made us break it up.

 

''Read her diary and you will see what I am talking about.'' he said now . His eyes tearing up. I felt bad now. We had never fought like this. What has gotten into me? Did love make you punch you best friend?

 

I decided to read her diary like he said. The next day Cherry had left. Something she rarely ever did esspecially if I had free time. She had her diary hidden in her little bedroom we had for her. It was under the bed. The things I saw horrify me. It was words about her hatred towards Jeonghan's beauty. And even comments about the other members. And on several pages it simply said in red ink: I love Vernon over and over and over. I turned page after page and the words seem to get bigger. I dropped the diary in discomfort and a piece of paper fell out with a story written inside:

 

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to be loved more than ever but unfortunately she was not blessed with beauty. At the sight of her face people would scream and point at her even yell at her hateful words. Words you wouldn't even use against a criminal. The girl was all alone and brokenhearted. Life felt meaningless without love. She had not a single drop of it in her life; no love from family, friends and what she dared to dream every night before bed as she wished upon a star; love from a handsome prince. So one night she decided she would wish upon the stars the hardest she had ever in her whole life with every fiber of her being to become beautiful and get the love she always dreamed of having.

 

Up she went to the tallest hill in her city and got on her knees before them crying out. 'Please stars make me beautiful so I can be loved like normal girls.' Sadly her cries all night went unheard. What had she expected the stars were simply bright lights in the sky. They had no magical powers like in her storybooks she read as a kid.

 

Hope was lost once more as she tiredly dragged her legs back home from her failed wishes. Along the way past a dark alley she caught a glimpse at several beautiful boys , all unique in their own special way like a bag full of precious gems. She wanted them. Of course she didn't say it out loud but that was what her heart had said the moment her eyes had captured them. And this feeling washed over her like an ocean wave bringing a new joy into her body. Very Nice . There was one in particular out of all of them that really made this feeling stir up even crazier. He looked foreign in a way and had a relaxing air about him. She had to know his name.

 

''I want this not to be an ending moment. We must meet. I want us to be an 'us'.'' She whispered to herself as she followed them as far as she could before a group of girls surrounded them. She heard screams of shouts of various names being mixed together with cries. It was nearly unaudible but what she was able to hear a little clearly was Seventeen.

 

''Seventeen what?'' she wandered. Her eyes then saw a tour bus with the words printed in large text and the picture of her princes on them. ''So that is who they are..what a strange name.'' She had to know more about them but unfortunately they were gone before she could make any attempts. Home she returned and there she researched everything she could find out about. She learned all their names, hobbies, songs, and how they became a group. The girl was madly in love for the first time but she felt hopeless how could an ugly girl like her ever be noticed by them? The stars were no help and she had no money for surgery.

 

And then that's when she recalled a forbidden book her grandmother kept locked away in the attic. She was long gone so was it still considered forbidden. She had always obeyed the old woman but .tonight she decided to break her number one rule in the name of 'First love'.

 

Up the attic she went. And there locked away in a chest which she was able to break open with it being all old and rusty was the book. Inside it was many spells long forgotten to the mortal world. She flipped through the pages until her eyes stared back at a most wonderful spell. A beauty one.

 

That night she decided that she would become her own star and grant all her wishes...

 

 

I didn't get a chance to finish the rest of the story. Cherry returned and fell agape as she saw me with her diary.

 

''That is private..how could you?'' she then screamed and took it from me. The moment felt so intense I couldn't take it anymore.

 

''Cherry ..I don't think we should date anymore.''

 

''Why?'' she hugged her diary and gave me a sad look. ''Am I not pretty enough?''

 

''Your looks have nothing to do with it. It's how you been behaving and what was with that story you wrote.''

 

''You read the story.'' she now grabbed at me and I cried out as her nails dug into my arm with a strength I never knew she had. ''How much did you read?''

 

I didn't respond I was getting scared and I couldn't figure out what to do with the whole situation. I just wanted her to leave.

 

''How much did you read? '' She repeated again. Her grasp on me was stronger and I pushed her away. My arm bled a little and I went for the door just wanting to get away from her. She stalked me out of the room and I don't know where or how she got the knife in her hand. We were all alone in a big house.

 

''What are you doing, Cherry? Put the knife down.'' I yelled as I countinued to get away from her down the hallway.

 

''Vernon. I love you. Why do you not love me? Why are you trying to leave me? Aren't I pretty?'' She just kept asking questions as responses. I was freaking out. A part of me wanted to fight her but another part just wanted to keep running. I just want out of this horror story. The weather outside was storming now resembling how I saw her. She was no longer that goddess but a monster and she was going to kill me in the name of her love.

 

I was cornered now with no where to run. I tried talking senses to her but it was pointless. I couldn't fight her because a weird part of me still loved her. Insanity..utter insanity. Just as I thought she was going to plunge the knife into me I heard a scream.

 

''Sooyoung.''

 

We both turn our eyes to see Jeonghan standing there. He looked at her with so much hate and the diary in his hands.

 

''Sooyoung.'' he repeated. Cherry dropped the knife and fell to the floor. A weird glow surrounded her and she changed before my eyes. The story flashed into my mind now that she had written as I now looked at a very unattractive woman. Tears flowed down her eyes as she yelled and cried. Her hands covered her face in shame.

 

''Don't look at me. ''

 

I boldly went up to her and removed her hands from her face. She starred at me broken and hurt. I wanted to comfort her despite the fact that she almost killed me. Why? Because I pitied her but that chance didn't happen. She fled the room and out of my life.

 

Jeonghan came to my side asking me a dozen times if I was fine. I told him I was ok.

 

''How did you know her name? How did you know it would break whatever the heck spell she had cast on herself?'' I asked him.

 

''Well after snooping around one day when I was cleaning the house I read her diary. I figured that little story she wrote was questionable. I didn't think it would be real but it still concerned me that she could be doing weird voodoo or something. So I decided to investigate. I couldn't find anything about her. I ended up finding out her real name from her Amazon account with all the merchandise she would purchase. And about knowing how it would break the spell. I didn't. I was scared when I thought she was going to stab you it just came out of my mouth. I was trying to get her attention.'' he said as he held me tight.

 

''You saved my life. '' I got all teary eyed and we had a moment. ''I owe you.'Whatever you want man, you can have it.'' I told him.

 

''All I want is for you to be happy and to not date crazy girls. How about you date me instead.I recall you saying once that you thought I was a princess sent from above'' A smiled spreaded across his lips and I burst out into laughter.

 

Oh Jeonghan..why did you bring up that past?

 

 

If not for the diary she left behind I would have thought this was all just a dream. I wonder what Cherry..I mean Sooyoung was doing now? I still can remember seeing her true face although it wasn't pretty I could see into her heart. She was a sad and tragic girl who never was given a chance. I hope where ever she is she is happy...

 

Just then as I was thinking these thoughts backstage. I peeked onto stage behind a curtain. Bangtan was performing and out into the crowd I saw a red figure standing out. It looked like Soo Young and her eyes were all on Jimin.