The Mirror

Strings

 

The Mirror

Once, My mother left me to my granpa’s house. It’s an antique house, it scares me sometimes during the night because I hear sounds and all. Late at night I decided to visit my grandmother’s room. My grandmother died 2 years ago, my mom told me that grandmother is a happy go lucky miss like I am today. Without knowing it, tears suddenly fell from my eyes.

“Why are you crying?” My eyes widened when I heard a voice of a girl.

“Who’s there?” I asked with a trembling voice.

“It doesn’t matter who am I, so are going to tell me why are you crying?” I turned my head to look after the voice.

“You’re on the mirror?” I asked again.

“Yes.” She answered.

“Okay.. I know its weird to have a talk with a mirror, but I don’t have a choice. Well, you see my mother and my father are planning to divorce. I don’t agree with their decision, I can’t tell this stuff to my friends because it’s too personal. I don’t know what to do though.”

The girl in the mirror smiled, she’s like in my age and she’s wearing eyeglasses and a uniform same as mine.

“Come closer.” The girl said, so I did.

She gestured to me to lean closer so I leaned closer, she then whispered something to me.

The next day, I secretly called my dad and I told him to come to granpa’s house today. Today is my last day here because my mom will fetch me up.

When my dad arrived I told him, what grandma told him before he married mom. 'You’re the man and you need to say sorry to your wife even if it’s her fault.' My father smiled and said, “You’re right, princess. Then, will you help daddy to surprise mom?”

Before lunch, our preparation is finished! Mom arrived in minute, as a surprise daddy called his ‘gang’ when they were in high school and asked for help.

Dad sang his and mom’s theme song when they were in high school, then he said he’s sorry. In the end, mom forgave dad then a one big hug ends it there.

I’m so happy that I can’t take off the smile in my face, I went to grandma’s room to thank the girl.

“Hello? Girl in the mirror? Thank you very much. My mom and dad got back together because you helped me, how did you know that my grandma told that to my dad? Hello? Are you there?”

The girl in the mirror didn’t show up, but then I felt a cold air hugging me. Out of nowhere a picture fell to the floor, I picked it up.

My eyes grew wider, Emerald Pineda. The girl in the mirror is my grandmother.