*********

Water

My 2 otps from Pledis Girlz *A* enjoy <3

 

 

"Eunwoo, why do you like water so much?"

 

The question sounds pretty adorably innocent coming from Siyeon's mouth. The two of them were merely floating in the school pool on their backs. The warm sunlight tickling their skin. Siyeon was a young freshman with red hair and brown eyes that could you in right away. She looked older than her age and was often asked out by seniors. She was very sassy and her words would stab you like a knife if you provoked her. Luckily, Eunwoo had somehow managed to get on her good side.

 

"Water always has a way of making me feel better no matter what. It makes me feel free!" Eunwoo's enthusiasm was quick to come out, beaming brightly at Siyeon. This caused the red head to elicit a warm grin. Eunwoo began using her right arm to do a backstroke, Siyeon was fast to grab her left hand so that she was getting pulled along. "Funny, because that's how you make me feel Eunwoo."

 

Eunwoo stopped her movement for a moment to comprehend what the girl was saying. She moved her body to where she was standing in the shallow end. Siyeon followed suite and spoke again. "You make me feel free."

 

Eunwoo kind of murmured a 'huh?' with a toothy grin. She just kind of guessed that the underclassman liked joining her before and after swim practice to relax in the pool. Her mind didn't even go anywhere unless until the younger girl spoke again.

 

"Eunwoo..I really like you."

 

There is the shrill sound of the bell ringing following that statement and Eunwoo realizes that she dosed off during class. Her best friend Jieqiong is already packing up her notes and all Eunwoo can wonder is if Siyeon really had said that to her. She knows it happened three days ago and she knows that she's been avoiding her since.

 

Resting up for the competition today?” Jieqiong asks in the most teasing of tones. Eunwoo shoots her a look as she gets up from her desk and slings her messenger bag over her shoulder.

 

Oh yeah totally. You're going to be there right? To cheer me on?” Eunwoo looks to her best friend hopefully for a moment, eyes wandering around the room to see the other students exiting. She starts to follow suit with Jieqiong who looks particularly starry eyed when they exist the class. Eunwoo notices her gaze on a very popular senior. Her swim team captain Im Nayoung. Almost everyone in the entire school had a crush on her. She was tall, with long limbs that went on for miles, tanned skin, blonde hair, impressive abdominal muscles. Eunwoo still didn't get the appeal.

 

Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love watching you swim.” Jieqiong finally responds when she manages to rip her gaze off of Nayoung who is gathering books from her locker.

 

You are so not going for me. You just wanna admire Nayoung's abs right?” Eunwoo challenges back leaving Jieqiong with a wider grin than usual. She was horrible at telling any sort of lie.

 

Why can't I admire your swimming and Nayoung at the same time?” Jieqiong winks and Eunwoo laughs inevitably at her best friend's terribly obvious crush. Eunwoo feels a little bad though because Nayoung literally rejects everyone. Before any big competitions, girls usually offer her gifts which she turns down each time. Eunwoo isn't sure if Nayoung is heartless or secretly already has someone. She doesn't want to see Jieqiong turned down like the others though.

 

Yeah sure. You better pay more attention to me though!” Jieqiong shrugs at this which earns a pinch from Eunwoo. The two of them go back and forth with this until Eunwoo notices Siyeon walk past them. She immediately averts her gaze which catches the attention of Jieqiong right off the bat. She knew about what happened between them and few days ago. Her hand goes to Eunwoo's shoulder which stiffens at the slightest touch.

 

Have you talked to Siyeon at all?” Her friend's voice is laced with concern. Eunwoo feels kind of guilty and tries to play it off.

 

S-Siyeon?” Eunwoo's voice cracks and raises a whole octave out of nervousness. Her hands fidget together then clench on to the strap of her messenger bag while Jieqiong laughs at her behavior.

 

Yeah, do you like her back?” And that was the problem. She wasn't sure if she did or not. The fact that she'd be obsessing over what had happened and had even dreamt about it might have been obvious to others. To Eunwoo this was the hardest puzzle imaginable.

 

I-i dunno... I've never thought about her like that.” She admitted quietly. Jieqiong didn't seem convinced. Yeah, she and Siyeon hung out a lot but wasn't it just that? Siyeon was really cute. Eunwoo still was unsure.

 

Well, you can't avoid her forever. Today is your competition, you're going to see her.” The two entered their next class together. That statement made Eunwoo's stomach drop. She knew that. Oh did she know. Oh and it was pretty awkward at swim practice too. Her were pretty sloppy and her heart raced knowing that Siyeon must have been watching her. Nayoung even had to pull her aside to make sure things were okay. Eunwoo was a mess.

 

I know...I know.” Eunwoo groans and slips into her desk. Head burying it's self in her arms to hide away from the world for just a little longer. Jieqiong shook her head at this and prepared for class.

 

- - -

 

T-this is for you sunbae.” Another girl is confessing to Nayoung in the swimming team's locker room. She's cute for sure and the present looks really big. Nayoung's face is a total stone. No expression, or emotion at all. Totally scary.

 

I can't accept this. Sorry.” Her voice is cold. Ice cold of cold. Winter kind of cold. Those kinds of things. It was scary. The girl looks let down and leaves the locker room promptly. Eunwoo stares in disbelief. Why was Nayoung so strange? Nayoung notices her staring and gives a stern gaze to Eunwoo. The glare totally trips her out, chills up her spine. She turns away with a loud breath as if she almost escaped death. How the hell could Jieqiong crush on her? Heartless.

 

'Sunbae..I got you this.” Eunwoo almost froze in place. A girl was offering her a present. This was a first. Had her swimming skills finally been recognized as something great. The girl was attractive too. The gift even looked like chocolate, her favorite.

 

Really? Thank you!” Eunwoo took the present with the biggest of smiles, but felt someone watching her. Siyeon saw the exchange and brushed past them angrily. Eunwoo's stomach dropped. “Crap....Siyeon!” Eunwoo forgot the nice girl was there and rushed over to her team mate. She looked hurt. Who wouldn't be?

 

I didn't know you had a girlfriend.” Siyeon's voice is ten times more intimidating than Nayoung's right now. Eunwoo wants to die.

 

I don't even know her. I just thought it was cool that she brought me chocolate.” Eunwoo feels like she sounds like one of those pathetic losers who just got away with cheating on their wife.

 

Whatever..” She's obviously hurt and tries to walk away. Eunwoo grabs her wrist to keep her from going. Her heart is racing and she doesn't know if she can keep Siyeon from being angry with her.

 

Will you cheer for me today?” Eunwoo swallows hard and Siyeon's express seems to soften slightly.

 

Only if you win.” Eunwoo winces. It was harsh, but she pretty much deserved it at this point.

 

Oh..I will so I guess you'll have to.” Eunwoo grins and regains her usual somewhat cocky composure. Siyeon is trying not to smile, but shrugs. She makes a face at the box of candy in Eunwoo's hands before leaving the locker room. Eunwoo looks around nervously before wolfing down five pieces at once. She deserved it for putting up with Siyeon and Nayoung on a daily basis.

 

Sunbae...” Eunwoo's ears perked up hearing the familiar voice. She almost tripped turning a corner to see Jieqiong talking to Nayoung. Oh no! She definitely wasn't about to see her best friend get rejected. Okay, maybe she was. She carefully crouched down behind a locker and listened in. If anyone had a catch at getting with Nayoung it was Jieqiong. She was technically the prettiest girl in school. Once she dyed her hair orange, a lot of people started copying her.

 

I baked you these. I don't expect you to accept them because I know you don't accept any gifts. I'm not giving these to you as a confession or anything, just for good luck. It's an ancient Chinese recipe from my grandmother. They're supposed to give you all kinds of strength and energy. I thought you could use it for today's competition!” Jieqiong rattled on and on. Eunwoo thought she was an idiot. There was no way that Nayoung was going to buy that, or so she thought. Nayoung look a little intrigued although she wasn't saying a word. Eunwoo almost fainted when she saw Nayoung reach for the bag of baked goods and even more so when Nayoung was actually smiling.

 

Thank you. I'll eat one before the competition and let you know if it worked.” Nayoung's voice was warm and Jieqiong was blushing like mad. Eunwoo couldn't believe her eyes. How could this be possible?

 

I'll be cheering for you sunbae...” Jieqiong looked even more lovey dovey than ever and Nayoung seemed to really like it. It was so weird and out of character. Nayoung propped up her arm against the locker with a suave look that made Eunwoo realize why everyone had a crush on her.

 

I'll be listening.” How greasy. Jieqiong squealed though and then left to probably fangirl herself to death. Nayoung lost balance and fell over. Eunwoo stifled a laugh. Nayoung heard this and gave her team mate a death glare again. Eunwoo's soul left her body for a brief second.

 

- - -

 

The competition was starting and the screams for Nayoung were starting to hurt Eunwoo’s ears after ten seconds. There were going to be college scouts there today, so she was under a lot of pressure. She looked unaffected, but who knows what goes on in that mind of hers. This was an individual competition then a relay. Eunwoo was going compete by doing the backstroke, her specialty. Nayoung was first up to compete with her stroke.

 

She entered the pool and the school lost their mind via hollering. Eunwoo had to put on headphones to block it out. She may have complained about Nayoung a lot, but she’d be lying if she said she wasn’t jealous of her amazing swimming. She was fast and graceful. When she entered the water, she looked like a work of art. Nayoung’s swimming is what made her join the team originally. She still admired her greatly, albeit quietly. The buzzer went off and the swimmer’s dove into the water like their lives depended on it. Eunwoo sat forward on the bleachers to get a good view of Nayoung in action.

 

She was incredible. Every muscle in her body worked together to put her in the lead. Eunwoo longed to be as skilled as her captain. It didn’t take long for the race to be over. Nayoung came in first place of course. The entire stadium seemed to be cheering for her. Eunwoo was quick to rush over to congratulate her.

 

Nayoung took off her swimming cap and swung her hair much like a model in a shampoo commercial. The screaming intensified and Eunwoo’s face got splashed by a wave of water. She could hearing someone giggling in the background and turned to see Siyeon looking content. Eunwoo groaned and sent a glare directed at Nayoung. “You totally did that on purpose!”

 

What are you talking about?” Nayoung chuckled and picked up a towel to wipe off Eunwoo's face. She found herself smiling at the rare affection from her captain. She was about to start her own race and was super nervous, but what Nayoung said next had her wanting to fly through the water. “Make me proud Eunwoo. I want you to be captain after I graduate.” Eunwoo mentally screamed in her head and took her spot at the starting line.

 

She held her hands up in the air like an Olympian ready to swim and expected the whole audience to roar for her like they did for Nayoung. She got a few cheers, or maybe only one. She could hear Jieqiong loud and clear. Good enough. She wasn't expecting anything from Siyeon after their earlier exchange. The whistle went off and she was almost positive she was the first in the pool. She could feel every muscle in her body working with her to get the perfect backstroke. She didn't dare look at her other competitors. All she wanted to do now was focus on what the water was saying to her.

 

Eunwoo had this special connection with the water by now after spending so much time in it. The way it hit or vibrated against her body when she moved through it was enough information to let her know where she was placed in the race. When her hands hit the wall of the pool again, she had a good feeling that she was in first place. She continued this method until the end. She opened her eyes for the first time when she heard the whistle go off. She was indeed first place. Many more people were cheering for her now and she could of sworn she heard Siyeon.

 

A hand reached out to her to help her out of the pool, one she recognized as Nayoung. She took it gratefully with a huge grin. “You did very well. Beyond my expectations.” All of the praise was getting to her head, so she tried to humble herself by shooting back another compliment to her captain. “Nah! Not as good as you.” She took a seat on the bleachers and was pleasantly surprised to see Siyeon move over beside her.

 

You were amazing.” The words coming from Siyeon held a different weight than when Nayoung said it. Eunwoo felt her heart beating faster and she looked down bashfully before murmuring a thank you in return. She felt Siyeon rubbing the top of her head like you would pet a dog and laughed a bit, but still enjoyed the attention none the less.

 

I want to see you swim too..” Eunwoo looks to her junior warmly with eyes full of expectations. Siyeon suddenly became nonchalant despite very much enjoying how Eunwoo had finally started actually like herself around her again.

 

Are you inviting me to swim with you after the competition?” Siyeon's eyes pierced her own and Eunwoo could see the rise of emotion in them. The way she felt around Siyeon had definitely changed and she was ready to accept how she felt now.

 

.....Yeah. Let's do that.” Eunwoo couldn't stop her eyes from forming into crescents when she felt Siyeon interlace their fingers together after what felt like a long time of not touching.

- - -

 

Oh yeah~ looks like my Chinese baking totally paid off.” Jieqiong greeted Nayoung warmly back in the locker room after the competition had ended.

 

I think so too..” Nayoung shut her locker after putting on her swim jacket and approached Jieqiong slowly. Their gazes were intense and the moment felt right so Jieqiong went for it.

 

You accepted my gift, so I'm feeling a bit confident now. I have feelings for you.” Nayoung didn't look surprised or phased at all by the confession. How could she? She had heard just about every single one in the book by now. Nayoung remained quiet and Jieqiong started to get disheartened by the silence. She turned to leave, not wanting to hear the rejection.

 

I accept your confession Zhou Jieqiong.” Jieqiong felt her heart stop as she turned to look at Nayoung who was smiling at her. Jieqiong was too in shock to say anything else, but was quick to make her way into Nayoung's arms who didn't hesitate to hold her close. “I've noticed you admiring me for awhile now. I was waiting for you to confess.”

 

I'm so glad I did..” Jieqiong murmurs as she gets as close as possible to Nayoung, very much enjoying how perfectly she fits into her crush's arms.

 

- - -

 

Siyeon and Eunwoo were laying on their backs in the school pool again. It felt like nothing had changed between them, but something definitely had. Their hands were intertwined again as they drifted through the water without a care in the world. Eunwoo knew that it was now or never.

 

So I totally like you back and stuff..” Siyeon looked over at the other with the raise of a brow which only made Eunwoo's nerves rise higher. Maybe, Siyeon was totally over her now. Eunwoo was about to say something random to try and distract Siyeon from what she just said. Imagine her reaction when she pulled underwater unexpectedly, she looked like a fish out of water ironically enough. She stared at Siyeon to the best of her ability despite the circumstances but was pleasantly surprised when she felt a pair of lips against her own.

 

Her first kiss ever.

 

Oh, so that's what that feels like.

 

She found herself kissing back and loved the way that the butterflies filled her stomach. They had to come up for air soon after and Eunwoo was red faced. More importantly, she was dead silent for once. It was kind of impossible to shut up Jung Eunwoo. Siyeon smirked in victory, giving Eunwoo another peck on the lips.

 

No more accepting gifts from other girls okay?”