Reverie and doubt.

Serendipity

“It is my last day submitting our final requirements. This is really, is it! I’m going to march this graduation! Finally, I can now rest from all requirements and start being independent. How I wish I can finally say goodbye to my first love or I can say what I really feel about him” Nia’s thought to herself while checking her checklist for graduation requirements and decided to call her thesis partner to confirm the whereabouts of this to finally leave their house.

Frung is a university student, graduating this 2017. She is a happy go lucky girl but really mysterious inside. She has too few friends to hand out with thus, she usually stayed at home doing the house chores. She is with her Mom, Aunt, and her grandmother. Her Dad works abroad while her siblings are all with their own families. She was the breadwinner of the family and does everything to make her parents proud and happy. Hence, she is so happy knowing that she will soon to graduate this year. 

“Hey girl, where art thou? Are you on your way to leave your house cos I’m already prepared.”
“Yeah, I’m already preparing. Let’s just meet at our Department.”
“Ok, see you!”

Frung came first before her thesis partner did. She submitted all her requirements such as clearance and their final hardbound copy of their research. She is always like that. Everyone knew that she doesn’t want to wait because she is not a patient person as well as she’s a bipolar one. She’s a straightforward person especially when she gets annoyed and pissed off both at home and in school so, a lot of people know about her personality. You will never want to experience it yourself though she never gets mad towards people, she rarely bluntly talks especially if she knows she’s right. She usually fights for the weak and meek but she also bluntly talks about not to be weak. Also, she loves to do all the chores in just one day so that she can focus more on other matters especially in her hobbies; watching anime. She’s a cold type of person. She never talks unless you talk to her first because she believes that ”If a person wants to talk to you, they will definitely come to you. If not, hell I care.” people are used to her which is why she has few friends. In regards to guys, she doesn't usually want to hang out with them because of her past where she was friends with guys alone which gave her trouble during her highschool days with girls. But, she has an exception and that is her first love. The first guy who taught her to be a woman at heart, to be confidently beautiful at heart and to think that she is not bad at all towards men.

Afterward, Jane came; Frung's  friend and thesis partner. Frung accompanied her to submit its requirements and other copies of the research. 

“Thanks to God, we’re totally done! We’re almost there girl!”
“Yeah and I’m so thankful that we don’t have to bring those heavy copies of our research cos my bag is almost dying hahaha!” 
“Me too~ but, you haven’t seen yet your HP!” Jane’s joke.
“Well, we can’t do anything about that anymore. We’re not meant to see each other again so, it’s fine.” Frung's upset reply.
“Oh cmon, you will either see him or you might find a better man in the future BUT might be in anime! Haha” Jane's laugh.
“Yeah~ I think I’m stuck in anime characters but it’s okay as long as I can travel around Asia and achieve all my dreams, right?”  Frung's optimistic response. “Oh, I’m kinda hungry now. Can we eat first before we go home? She added.
Jenny chuckled* “ YEAH OF COURSE GIRL! Who’s going to say no?” Jane’s response.

at the cafeteria ...


“I want to eat coffee jelly! This might be our last day to eat that, right?” Frung says.
“Oh, sure! Don’t worry, we’ll make one in the future” Jane excited reply.


After they ate at the cafeteria, they directly go to the coffee jelly store nearby the cafeteria but as they are walking, Jane saw Frung’s old best friend, Jin. Jane saw Jin chuckling and smiling while looking at Frung so, she joke around Frung.


“Hmm, your stalker is here again. He is looking and smiling.”
“Huh? What are you talking about?”
“Your best friend is here. He is looking at you right now!” 
“Huh? Where?” *look at the back*
“There,” Jane whispered at Frung and point her Jin's location.


Frung tried to look at him but Frung cannot see him because of her poor vision so, she accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh! I’m sorry~” Frung’s sheepishly apologize.
“No, it’s okay. Frung.” The guy replied.

Frung turns her head up and saw that it is her first love; Seungcheol. 

“Oh, hi Seungcheol” She shyly acknowledges him.
“Hi.”
“I’m sorry, I’m not looking directly so, yeah. I’m truly sorry tho.”
“No, I said it’s okay. Where are you going?”
“Ah…. I… Me and my friend will buy coffee jelly!” Frung sheepishly smiled.
“ah…. then, you may go in first.” he smiled back.
“No, you go first!” 
“it’s alright. Ladies first.”
“Ah… I see… Jane, you go first then.”
“huh? Ah… yeah. Hmm” Jane joked.


Frung looks at Seungcheol and sheepishly smile while entering the store.

“Let’s just sit here” Frung suggested.
“Okay~” 
“Umm… Frung, can we share?” Seungcheol asked.
“Huh? Ah yeah sure, why not? It’s too big for the two of us tho.”
“Thanks”
“yeah.”

Then the waitress asked their orders then jenny keep on joking around and push Frung's bag to the ground and Seungcheol helped Frung.

“This is way to heavy”
“ah no, it’s okay. I’m strong.”
“no, I’ll borrow a chair to put it.”
“no-”

Seungcheol borrowed the nearby empty chair and put Frung’s luggage. 

“thank you”
“it’s alright.”

Jane finished her coffee jelly and after, they get their water. Frung decided to get two glasses; 1 for her and 1 for Seungcheol but she almost bumped into Jin.

“hey! Why did you do that?”
“why? I’m here to eat”
“but you did it in purposed. What if I poured it on you? You will surely get wet and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be blamed.” she sarcastically said.
“it’s because you don’t talk to me. You’re snobbish”
“me? Huh? I just don’t see you cos I have poor vision but if you really want me to see you then you can call me by my name cos you know what’s my name right? The effort is just the key, if not, then nothing will really happen.” she smirked.

Frung gave Seungcheol his water and says her goodbye and thank you. Meanwhile, Seungcheol decided to go first and follow Frung. As Frung and Jane are walking, Jane saw Seungcheol at the back entering the gate. She decided to let the two to finally talk again in private and alone. She decided to lie that she needs to wait for someone and go a separate way. Frung is confused and thinks that Jane is weird but texted her any way that Jane must take care and text her up once she’s home until…


“Frung…”

Frung looks back and saw Seungcheol next to her. She asks why he is already done eating knowing that Seungcheol ordered a lot of rice. Seungcheol lied that he was done already and Frung slides it off not questioning further but she realized that he is not with his friends so she asks why.

“ do you have a class that you badly need to go ahead of them?”
“no, I’m done with my class.”
“ah…”
“are you going home now?"
“ah.. yeah, why?”
“can I come with you?” 
“huh? Are you going home now?”
“yeah… is it okay?”
“ah.. yeah sure, I don’t see any problem with that?”
“thanks”
“ah. no problem. Let’s go?”
“hmm..”

While they are walking, Seungcheol ask about Frung's plan. Frung openly said to him how scared she is and her anxiety about facing all the odds till Seungcheol held her hand and told her that she’s great and she can do it. Seungcheol tried to cheer her up till Frung smiled again assuring him that she is fine but Seungcheol still held her hand which made her stop walking and ask Seungcheol about it. Seungcheol smiled and ask if he can do it till they can. Frung smiled but disagree about it.

“You know, I’m thankful that you are with me today and I saw you. I honestly wanted to see you again cos I missed you but we don’t have to hold each other’s hands cos we are not that close enough but I thank you. This means a lot to me.”

Seungcheol sheepishly resists and said thank you but Frung still grabs her hand and confess to him.

“I’m so thankful that we’re not friends cos I don’t want to be friend zoned by you. I am happy when I see you though we don’t interact with each other. I have to tell you all of these cos I don’t want to keep silent and keep running away from this feelings. I want to be brave enough but I don’t expect you to return the feelings actually, I’m not even prepared for love stuffs cos I don’t even get what it is but still, I want to confess.”

Seungcheol didn’t hold back rather told her that he feels the same but Frung resists and told him the things that are not good about her but Seungcheol kissed her forehead and assures her that she likes her whatever and whoever she is. She was touched but still resists the feeling so, Seungcheol back hug her and told her to get to know each other first then. Frung agreed but Frung doesn’t want him to change. They exchange their numbers but remained what they are used to. They are strangers walking to the path of getting to know each other. As they reached Frung's terminal on her way home, Seungcheol assures her that after this day, everything will change and they will be together. However, Frung bid him a goodbye with doubtful words,
 

"i hope so..."

whoever supports this and read this short story, thank you c: 

i hope you like it and enjoyed it.