Chapter 1

CF (Commercial Fiancé)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Birds are twittering to each other as if they are greeting and having a good time in welcoming this bright morning. Sun shows off from behind the clouds, embellishing the blue sky with its warmth shine. Season has left the wintertime and it is the first spring in 2016. Flowers start blossoming and grass goes green. Hyein stirs awake as she feels the smell of the fresh air on the Sunday sunny morning passing through her nose. “Morning, Darling.” She slowly opens her eyelids after hearing the sound of familiar voice. “I have cooked you your favorite breakfast.” Her mother continues.

She stretches her hands up before getting up lazily. “If only you didn’t say that you have cooked my favorite food, I won’t bother myself to wake up this early mom.”

“Hurry up and stop saying nonsense in the morning, my dearest daughter.” She mutters whilst walking out of her room, Hyein just giggles as a response.

 

Beep Beep.

She takes a glance at her phone that she puts on the drawer. There is a message from an unknown number.

           

            To: Go Hyein

Good Morning. I’m Lee Yura one of staffs from CF Agency. I will wait you in the Coffee Shop at Ulssan Street at 11 a.m for giving a member card to you. Please come on time. I wear black shirt and green skirt. See you there.

 

She knits her brows together. “What even— They are such a hard worker indeed. They also give me a member card within a night after signing up.” She said sarcastically. “Joana. You should pay for this.” She griped the phone firmly, signaling that she is really mad at her.

 

---

 

A coincidence brings her to arrive 30 minutes earlier at the coffee shop. It is not because she is really enthusiastic to work as the affiliate of CF Agency; nonetheless, it is such beyond expectoration for there is no traffic jam on the busy hours like this— as if God really gives His blessings to her to be someone’s fake fiancé.

She parks herself on the wooden seat near the window. The spot is quite strategic due to it is in front of the door so she can easily recognize the staff lady who is going to meet her. She then sips her cup of hot macchiato that she has ordered as soon as she reached to this place. It is still 10.45 am and by it means, she needs to wait the staff 15 minutes more. After heaving a long sigh, she travels her eyes at the surroundings through the window. A contradictory life of human being can be seen as she sees there are bunch of couples laugh freely to each other, meanwhile there is a man seems so mad with someone on the phone and a spouse—it seems to be, is having a rigid quarrelling. Furthermore, touchy scenes can be seen when an old lady— well she can be considered as a granny, asks for a help to cross the road, a little boy shares his cotton candy with a cute little girl. The little girl maybe has attracted him, that’s why he doesn’t mind to share it with her. For a moment, her sight breaks at a pair of men who is accidentally passes by on her view. A frown slightly appears upon her facial features as a man plants a light peck on another man’s forehead next to him. They walk hand-in hand as if this world is only filled with two. She really wants to see their face, yet they are wearing hoodies and cover their half faces with masks.

She shakes her head in disbelieve. “Oh Jesus, weird people detected.” She mutters whilst her eyes are still gluing on those two figures. “So this is a guy couple can be.” She continues.

An acoustic instrument suddenly plays and that is enough to distract her creeping duty for a while. She shifts her gaze on her phone and picks it up after seeing Ms. Lee Yura name on the screen. “Hello?” Hyein says after she pressed the answer button.

“I arrived at the coffee shop, where are you now?” A lady on the phone asks.

She looks around and waves her hand as soon as she spotted a lady with black blouse and green skirt entering the coffee shop. She is so elegant, that’s what Hyein thinks after seeing a lady named Lee Yura. “I’m the one who waved at you.” She replies.

Mrs. Lee looks at her then flashes a warm smile as a greeting. Hyein hangs up the phone and dips her head slightly afterwards.

“Hello, Miss Hyein. I’m Lee Yura, nice to meet you.” Ms. Lee greets as she settles herself on the seat in front of Hyein.

“Hi. Nice to meet you too, Ms. Lee.” She unconsciously scans a lady who is smiling warmly in front of her from head to toe. Hyein never expected that Ms. Lee looks so gorgeous and a kind of fashionista lady like this. She is probably around 30 years old, she tries to guess.

“Well, Hyein-ssi. This is your employee card. I welcome you to CF Agency. I hope we can cooperate well.” Ms. Lee smiles again as she hands Hyein an employee card. “And one more thing…” She trails her sentence while taking something out from her fur clutch. “Here is the guidebook and history booklets about CF Agency. Even though it is an illegal agency, but we still have terms and conditions that every employees and staffs have to obey. Please fill in the form while I am explaining all about things that you have to do while you are working as an employee of CF Agency. Don’t forget to write down your account number on the back of this paper for your salary.” Ms. Lee once again smiles at Hyein and starts explaining.

“Oh, okay.” Hyein nods her head and fills in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter