Final.

Love; always find a way.

Soyoung folded the letter she wrote and stuffed it into her pocket. No matter how many letters she wrote, how long the letters were, it would never get to Jimin. Which was why tonight, she was going to deliver it herself.

She took a deep breath as she approached the crashing waves. She was shivering, and her brain was telling her to turn around, but she couldn’t. She missed him too much. And if this was the only way to get to him, then so be it.

 

Dear Jimin, I hope you are well. It’s been two months without you, and I feel like dying.

 

Two months ago

“Min-ah! Look!” Soyoung called out excitedly as she held up the fish in her hands proudly. She didn’t catch it – she didn’t have the patience for fishing – the guy next to her laughed as he shook his head at the young lady in front of him who just took a fish out of his pail like that.

Jimin jogged over and chuckled. “Yah, this is stealing.” He apologized to the ahjusshi and Soyoung pouted.

“But look at that SIZE-“

“I know, babe. But it’s someone else’s catch. Did you ask for permission?” Jimin raised an eyebrow.

Soyoung hesitated and put the fish back slowly into the pail. “No…”

“Hey, it’s alright,” The ahjusshi smiled. “It’s nice to have someone appreciate my catch of the day. Why not you guys take the fish?”

Jimin’s eyes widened. “Oh no we couldn’t-“

“REALLY?” Soyoung’s eyes lit up. “Thank you ahjusshi!”

She hugged him and took the fish in her left hand while grabbing Jimin’s hand with her right.

“I’m really sorry. She has the mind of a 4 year-old sometimes.” Jimin apologized sheepishly and the ahjusshi just waved him off.

“Nah, it’s cool. It’s hard to find cute couples like you guys nowadays. Go enjoy the fish, aite?” He grinned and Jimin had no choice but to accept his generosity.

“Come on, let’s go enjoy the fish!”

 

 

I could still remember your touches; the way your hand held mine like two pieces of puzzle that was meant to be together.

 

 

After the sumptuous dinner thanks to the kind ahjusshi, the couple walked along the beach, enjoying the slow breeze.

“The ahjusshi was so nice to offer us such a nice fish, wasn’t he?” Soyoung grinned.

Jimin sighed as he swung their intertwined hands lightly. “If somebody didn’t go disturb someone, we wouldn’t have posed a problem to the kind guy.”

“Hey! Can’t blame me for not having the patience and time to wait for a fish to bite my bait.”

“I can, actually.” Jimin mused and Soyoung slapped his arm.

“Mean.” She pouted and he kissed her cheek, catching her by surprise. “What was that for?”

Jimin shrugged. “Because you’re cute.”

 

 

We were together for three years already, but you still never fail to make me blush with everything that you do.

 

 

“It’s getting late, shall we go back?” Jimin asked. It was already past 3a.m., but of course, if it were up to him he would never have enough time with Soyoung.

“Oh , we talked for that long?” She dusted off the sand from her as she stood up. “My mom’s gonna kill me.”

“Then stay at my place tonight,” Jimin shrugged as she gave him a look. “Just suggesting.”

As Soyoung turned to leave, Jimin pulled her back and landed a soft kiss on her lips. As he pulled back slightly, he saw her slightly hazy eyes which he loved so much and went in for another kiss, when her scarf flew towards the sea.

 

 

And when your lips touched mine, I felt like I went to heaven, and I never want to come back down.

 

 

“Oh no!” Soyoung gasped as she ran for it, but it was too late; it was already in the sea. Jimin grabbed her arm and pulled her back. “My dad bought me that; it was the last thing that he left for me.”

Jimin took off his jacket and his shoes, and told Soyoung to stay. “I’ll get it for you. You can’t swim and it’s dangerous.”

“But what about you?” Soyoung worriedly asked. Her dad’s present to her was one thing, but this was Jimin. If she lost him… She couldn’t even bare to think of that thought.

“I’ll be fine,” he flashed her an assuring smile and gave a light peck on her cheek.

Soyoung bit her fingers worriedly as Jimin waddled further into the sea. “Min-ah! Just forget it; it’s meant to be lost anyway.”

But the crashing waves drowned out her voice and Jimin swam towards the scarf, but he never came back up.

 

 

I was an idiot. I shouldn’t have let you go in. It was just a scarf; how could it compare to you? I never felt more lost without you.

 

 

The loss of Jimin impacted both families, but the guilt weighed on Soyoung the most. It was her who didn’t stop him when he insisted.

The one person who would give her comfort was now gone, and her will to live had gone with him.

It was like losing half of her heart.

 

 

Which is why tonight, I will find you. We can be together again.

 

 

As the waves carried her further into the sea, she felt consciousness slowly seeping away and she could vaguely see a figure in the distance.

 

 

I love you, Jimin. And if we can’t be together alive, then we can be together in the afterlife. 

 

-----

 

kjhflaefkjahdc okay wasn't my best work, but it's a new style of writing I'm trying out. Thanks for reading!