Chapter 1

5 Years of Marriage


D-1 Marriage. 
Standing there was me and him. Leaned against the wall, his hand sometimes sneaked to my finger while we're looking at the ground, as it could give us the answer. He said he was about to asked me out before this ‘thing' ever happened. He was about to make this so called relationship official before my mom and his father strangely met and fell in love after the absurd meeting at the mall. I introduced him as my friend, but my mom didn't care about it since she couldn't take her eyes from Phil. The same thing happened to Phil. Jungkook said his father couldn't stop talking about my mom on their way home. And since then, we knew. Something is about to happen. 


"Well it's nice to see you," he said as it was a farewell. Right, it was our goodbye. Because tomorrow we will be a ing sibling.

 
"I just wish that we didn't meet at the mall back then," I hugged him, but he didn't hug me back. I should've not asked my mom to did the groceries that day with me. 


"I think we should get inside," he pulled himself from the hug. He gave me one last glance before returning back to the house. Guess, it's the end of my love story. Thank god, I was just about to have my first boyfriend. 


2 Weeks of Marriage


2 weeks of marriage. And everything still felt odd to me. How come it's not odd when you had your crush living under the same roof with you but you have to swallow every feeling toward him just to make your parents happy. Am I not a good girl? I was glad that Jungkook's bedroom was on the second floor. But I'm not thankful because I would see his face every damn time, 'cause WE'RE LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSE. And, WE'RE FCKING SIBLING TOO.  


"Come on sleepy head," my mom cheered happily as she poured milk into my glass. The idea of eating breakfast together felt so cheesy to me that I almost puke every time I woke up. I accidently looked at Jungkook sleepy face and dang he was so perfect. Can you guys just divorce?


"When will you guys gonna go to school together? I wanna see it  because I think it's cute," Phill said out of the blue. I almost choked on my own saliva, Jungkook already did. 


I gulped my milk down as I answer Phil's question, "Well, Jungkook class start at 8 today and mine at 7, so not gonna happen." I stated. 


Jungkook glared at me. At first, that death stare really scared me to death, but I didn't care anymore. He once said that my class started at 10 and I had to clean the bathroom as a punishment from Mr.Kim.


"School now is weird, isn't it? We used to start at the exact same time every day," Phil furrowed his eyebrow. 


‘Yeah, they changed now," gladly he took my lame excuse, I bet it just to cut the argument. 


"Honey, can you help me with the cake?" My mom shouted from the kitchen.

Phil then put his newspaper down and headed to where my mom was. Seeing that this was a chance to escape, I ran towards the door. I tripped a bit on the carpet in the living room but manage to escape from Jungkook safely.  As I heard a heavy footstep not too far from me, I knew that I'm in trouble. Jungkook walked past me and purposely bumped his shoulder with mine. 


"You better stop doing that or I will make you regret everything!" Jungkook pointed his finger toward me, and I yanked it away from my face.

He was such a sweet boy when we were still, scratch that,  'almost' together back then. But now hearing this harsh word from him, I doubted that he ever loved me in the first place. Somehow I'm happy that we didn't end up together. 


"I hate you!" I shouted as he started walking away. 


"I like your hair!" He said angrily. His back still facing me. 


What the hell??

 

2 months of marriage. 

Sunday means romantic movie time. So here I am, sitting on the fluffy couch, watching The Vow. With my mom snuggling to Phil beside me, I lost my concentration right after the title came out. Both Jungkook and I sat on the each side of the couch. I heard soft giggling from my mom and Phil, I bet they could make their own film now. Jungkook seemed fazed by the movie, heck, he probably enjoyed the idea. I groaned, but that didn't make my mom stop from nuzzling Phil's neck. 


"Oh boy," I said as I couldn't take it anymore, but I remained silent and tried my best to focus on Channing Tatum's face.


 I rubbed my temple as they continued to giggle beside me. 


"Guys, come on. Can you both just watch the movie? I barely know what he's saying to her," I gave them my most annoying face. 


"Right, sorry Marie," Mom said as she made her way toward the kitchen. Phil then followed her with a smirk on his face. Geez, at least they didn't do it in front of me. 


I heard Jungkook cleared his throat. I bet this situation was awkward for him too. 


"What would you do if you lost your memory?" I asked him out of the blue when the scene of Channing Tatum crying in the hospital came. 


He hesitated for a second, "Actually, I wish I lost it," 


Strangely it hurts me even though I didn't know why he wanted to lose his memory. But I'm pretty sure that it was because of me. If he didn't know me in the first place, we wouldn't end up here, watching some corny movie with our parents making out in the kitchen. 


"Glad to hear that," I said lifelessly as I turned the tv off and left him on the couch alone.