Final

Is It Wrong To Love You?

Chaeyoung POV

 

I don’t know where or when. I don’t remember why we fell in love with each other. Holding each other hands, kissing each other like our lives depend on it and like there’s no tomorrow. Behind closed doors, there’s the two of us hiding away from the world. It’s a big mess that we ourselves created but what can we do? It just happened.

 

I’m sure it’s not first love. Well no, in fact our first meeting was bloody. Tense building as my father introduces me to his soon to be new wife with her daughter. I just want to bury them all alive that time. I remember how I shouted at them saying mean words. And still Mina, my soon to be step sister manage to flash a smile at me.

 

I was so mean to Mina and her mother. I still cannot accept them. I even tried to make them leave our house but no to avail, they are really strong. I even made them suffer. But Miss Myoui still takes care of me like her real daughter and Mina would still smile at me.

 

I remembered when I broke down crying because I miss my mother that already passed away. Mina and Miss Myoui are there comforting and hugging me. I felt happy at that moment. I felt that I have someone beside me. I felt loved.

 

And then one day, I just woke up and that’s it. I can’t take my eyes away from her. I find her lips more interesting than anything else. I just want to hold and protect her. I just want her to be mine and only mine. I just felt my heart beating, beating crazy for Mina.

 

Oh, I did try to stop my feelings for her.  I was so scared at that time. Scared that it maybe unrequited love. Scared if they find out, they might send me away from her. I tried to stay away from Mina, but the more I resist the more I fall.

 

Until an unexpected day came, Mina confessed to me. And that was my happiest moment in my whole existence. Ever since then, we two are together hiding, hiding our love. 

---
It was already 2 am but somehow I still managed to fight the heavy eyelids that are threatening to fall.

 

I looked at my lover who’s sleeping beside me. “Why are you so beautiful?” I said in a low tone while removing strands of her hair that are covering her face.

 

I was looking on her face trying to remember her beautiful features although I see it every day. No matter how much long I look at her I just can’t get enough of it.

 

“I love you.” I said and place a kiss on top of her head.

 

“I love you too.” She mumbles, causing me to almost jump out of bed because of surprise. I heard her soft giggles.

 

“Yah! I thought you’re sleeping.” I said and pouted.

 

“I was.” She said and quickly took a peck on my lips. I can feel my cheeks burning.

 

She giggles again. “D-did I wake you up?” I said and buried my face on the crook of her neck. But she just shakes her head.

 

Mina cupped my face, and pecks on my lips again. “What’s bothering you?”

 

“H-huh?”

 

Another peck. “Tell me Chaengie.”

 

“Nothing?” I said but it sounded more like a question.

 

She pecks on my lips again. “You can lie better than that.”

 

I sighed. Mina just knows me too much. I can’t hide anything from her. I really need to tell her or she won’t stop asking.

 

“It ju--” She didn’t let me finish my sentence as she place another peck on my lips.

 

“Ehh wha--“Another peck.

 

I covered my lips this time. “You just woke up but you’re being a kissing monster!”

 

“I can’t help it.” She said and showed her gummy smile at me, making me feel like I’m melting.

 

“Do you want to go out?”

 

I widen my eyes at her. “It’s just 2 am.”

 

“But I think it’s better if we can get a fresh air and talk about what’s bothering you.” She said in a serious tone.

 

I nodded at her and she flashes me a smile. 

 

--

 

We’re tiptoeing carefully not wanting to wake our parents up. My palms are sweating so hard because of nervousness. Even breathing feels so dangerous.

 

We both laugh as soon as the course is cleared. We sneaked out the house successfully. “That’s crazy!” I said as I finished laughing.

 

“We’re like ninjas!” She said like a kid making me laugh again. She looks at me with while pouting.

 

“What? I wanted to be a ninja.”

 

“Nothing. I just know you will be a good ninja.” I said and laugh again.

 

“Give me a reason why you think I’ll be a good ninja.” She said still pouting.  

 

“Well… because…” I paused, thinking what I should tell her. She looks at me.

 

Her brown orbs looking directly into mine. I felt like melting. My heart is beating so fast, like it’s joining a marathon or something.

 

I cracked a smile. “Well… you manage to sneak inside my heart without me knowing.” And even though it’s kind of dark, I still manage to see the crimson red tint on her cheeks.

 

“S-stop it!” she said and buried her face on her palms.

 

“Eh why? You said give you a reason.” I said teasing her more. She rose her head up and looks at me. “Shut up.”

 

“Make m--“I didn’t finish my sentence as her lips we’re already on mine. It was a simple peck yet my heart was beating crazy.

 

I unknowingly smiled and she giggled. “W-what?” I said still flustered because of her kiss. 

 

“I really love your smile.” And I swear I’m beat red.

 

“Just my smile?” I said and pouted.

 

“Hmmm…” she pose like she’s thinking, teasing me. “Ehhhh! Mina!” I whine like a little kid.

 

She pinched my nose and giggled. “Of course I love you.” I smiled at her.

 

“What? No I love you too?” she pouted but I just smiled at her. “Wow seriously?!” She pretends sulking and it make me laugh more.

 

I grab her hands, intertwined our fingers pulling her to walk. “I love you so much.”

 

---

 


We finally reached the park and we quickly sat on the bench.

 

“Do you remember this place?” Mina asked and looks at the sky. I smiled. “Of course, here’s the place where you confessed to me.”

 

I can see her cheeks turn red again. “Heh!” She looked me straight in the eyes. “So tell me what’s bothering you?”

 

Oh, I almost forgot about that. Mina, whenever she’s beside me, it’s just I forgot all the bad things happening around this world.

 

I cleared my throat before speaking. “Us.” She furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Us?” I nodded at her.

 

 “You know just random things popping inside my head.”

 

“Like what?” Mina asked still with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“I’m just thinking until when can we hide this? Or should I say until when are we going to hide our relationship?”

 

She still didn’t say a word and have an unreadable expression on her face. So I continued.“What will happen if they find out? What are we going to do? It's not like we can hide this forever.”

 

She’s just looking at me. Not saying even a single word. And it made my heart ache a little. Should I just keep my mouth shut? Should I just keep this to myself rather than bringing the topic to her?

 

But I want to know her answers. I’m afraid. I’m so afraid but I still need to know. It’s better to be prepared than not, right?

 

With all my will I opened my mouth. “Will you fight fo---“Only to be shut by her soft lips on mine.

 

Mina my lower lip and I quickly open my mouth. I grabbed her waist pulling her more close to me if that’s even possible. She wrapped her arms around my neck. Our tongues fighting for dominance.

 

But the need of oxygen kicks in and we both parted. Panting heavily and resting on our forehead together.

 

We’re just looking at each other’s orbs. “I’ll fight.” Mina said with a smile on her face.

 

“Of course, I’ll fight Chaeyoungie. I’ll fight no matter what. I can’t bear to lose you. You’re the person I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with.” She said with a smile plastered on her face.

 

And all my worries disappeared just like that. 

 

“Promise?”

 

“I promise. How about you?”

 

I smiled at her. “I’ll fight for us Mina. I’ll fight.” She places another kiss on my lips before hugging me closer to her.

 

We stayed on our place just hugging and feeling each other’s warmth. I lost the track of time and my mind is just filled with her, with Mina.

 

The sun shines and she sighed. “Why?”

 

”It’s already morning. We need to go home I guess?” She said and stands up fixing her clothes.

 

Her back facing me and she’s looking at the sun that’s rising. “Wait, Minari?

 

“Hmmm?

 

I smiled.

 

“Do you love me more than your Heinz ketchup now?”

 

“Yah! Son Chaeyoung!” 




---
Thank you for reading. Good or bad comment will be so much appreciated! :D