Stolen Moment

Stolen Moments

AN: Can't seem to get over this two. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjswiFUCgZ0


 

Stolen Moment

 

The time came that Joy dreaded. She knew they’d have to meet again one day. She knew that day would eventually have to come. It was then. became dry as she panicked. She thought she was ready for it but she thinks she’d never be.

 

Sungjae saw her immediately, his eyes drawn immediately to her brightness. Her glow, her fairness. He fought the urge to pull her close every time his feet led him to her.

 

Now they’re standing beside each other. Sungjae had fought his way through the crowd to reach her each time. It didn’t go unnoticed by Joy how he was doing that yet it confused her own heart. What did that mean? What could she do about it? Their eyes meeting, searching for an answer they weren’t sure of yet. Each had to look away almost immediately. It was clearly not helping their overwhelmed feelings of longing at the moment.

 

Yet Joy can’t help that she felt safe each time she saw him arrive beside her. The panic arises when she loses sight of him, then her tense shoulders relaxes when he’s finally back beside her. She couldn’t help her feelings, he’d become like a home to her for almost a year. She couldn’t possibly have that changed immediately. She doesn’t think it would ever change now.

 

They weren’t uttering a word to each other yet the other’s presence calms them down. Like how it was always was between them. They’ve become so comfortable with each other that they become at ease just by standing side by side. So they walk in silence as they exit the stage. Shoulders almost touching but never do. Their hands kept on tucked on their sides as if in danger of reaching out to each other.

 

Not handling it anymore, Sungjae stopped walking abruptly and suddenly grabbed her, pulling her along until they’ve entered the nearest empty room. Sungjae drops her hand almost immediately like hot fire. He too was surprised at what he’s done. Now, he’s staring down at Joy’s shocked face. He’d have to suppress the unwanted smile creeping on his lips. He now thinks it was worth it. This sight of her.

 

Joy stumbled and her trembling hands land on his chest. “Oppa, what are you-”

 

Her words were cut off as she was enveloped in his arms, warmth spreading through her instantly. She gulped loudly, as she blinked back her tears, shocked by how much she missed this, how much she missed him. They were silent for a while. “Why?” the word came out as a bare whisper.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Her hands crumple against his shirt as she closed her eyes, can’t help but still savor this stolen moment.

 

Sungjae’s hand tightens against the crook of her neck one last time. “I’m sorry.”

 

Joy breathes deep before stepping away, letting his arms drop. “Don’t shake me like this. Don’t make me miss you than I already do.” Their mournful eyes met one last time before Joy looks away and heads for the door. “It’s… not easy.”

 

Sungjae just watch her go, leaning against the wall as he thumped his fist on it. But it didn’t drown the loud thumping on his chest that mirrored hers earlier.

 

“Clearly, it’s not.”

 

--

 

Ever since then, they continued to ignore each other’s presence. Still forcing themselves to be apart like how the reality show had implied on their relationship. It was what they had to do since they were only joined by the show and when their part has ended their relationship had to end to.

 

Sungjae denied to believe that now and he can see Joy is confused about it as well. Joy repeatedly tried to ignore him for the past instances and he just found it funny how she was trying. He just watch her purposely disregard him, smiling to himself at how cute she looks. Because each time she passed by him without a word, she’d look back and steal a glance. And he’d always catch her. Then he knew the answer. What she's been denying all along. She still cares. "Just because the show ended, doesn't mean we end as well, Sooyoung-ah." He whispers to himself as he watch her go.

 

That one time, she’d drop her fan and he was there to pick it up for her. “Thank-” She had started and her lips pursed once she realized it was him who’d help her pick it up.

 

Sungjae almost laughed right at her face as it’d completely changed. He looks at her knowingly regarding her hand that slowly dropped. He reached out for it and carefully put’s the fan on her hand. Fingers lingering longer before he let go. He knew she was shaken by it. She always was aware of him.

 

Joy’s finger tingled. She gulped loudly and uttered a quick thanks before turning away, calming down her heart.

 

--

 

“Yah, Sungjae have a beer!”

 

Sugjae looked up from his phone and snickered at his hyungs who were having a drinking session at their dorm. It was a Friday night. He finished up his message and sent it to Joy just like he always does every night. She never replies to him but he sees she’s been reading them and he tells himself it’s enough for now.

 

Sungjae put his phone down and grabbed a can for himself, taking a sip when his phone rings.

 

He immediately reached out. “Yeoboseo?”

 

“Yah!” There was a rustling sound before someone actually talks. “Yook brother-in-law!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“The thing is…Joy…”

 

He straightened up on his seat. His heart dropped. “Did something happen to her?”

 

“Not really… She’s…”

 

A sob was heard from the background “Kinda looking for you…”

 

--

 

Sungjae arrived at the pub the girls were drinking at, parking his car outside. The door chimes clink as he enters. His eyes quickly scanned the place and spotted them at the corner booth.

 

Wendy waves him over. Once he was close, his brows furrowed. “Is that…?” Wendy points at the slumped sobbing figure beside her.

 

“Oppa….” Joy mutters through her sobs against the table. “I’m sorry… come back.”

 

Sungjae’s eyebrows rise, he placed his palm on her head as he kneels down beside her. “Sooyoung-ah.”

 

Joy quickly raises her head, looking at him through dazed eyes that were slowly recognizing him. Her fingers reach out to touch his face lightly. Her fingers were cold. “Warm. It’s the real Oppa..”

 

Sungjae smiles and pats her head, his hand staying at the crook of her neck as he looked at the other members. They were whispering and gesturing at the same time for him to take her. He scoffed at them. Some supportive members they were, he’d have to thank these girls some day. He looked back at Joy who was looking at him with puppy dog eyes. Smiling, he shook his head. “Let’s go, then?” She nods her head okay.

 

He mouthed a “thank you” to the girls before helping Joy up and taking her hand. “Careful.”

 

He sits her in the passenger’s seat and straps her seatbelt. Her eyes droop down and she was already fast asleep. His hand caresses her cheek before he closed the door carefully.

 

--

 

He parked the car by the lake and adjusted Joy’s seat so she could sleep comfortably. She’s been asleep for a while now. The sight of her sleeping was all he needed tonight.

 

Taking out his phone, he snaps a picture of her. Even with her hair disheveled, slightly agape, he found her perfect. He sighed. “What am I going to do with you, Sooyunng-ah?” he whispered to dead air as he tucks a strand away.

 

Joy stirs in her sleep when his hand drop, as if longing for the warmth it emitted. Sungjae just watches her, fighting the conflicting feelings inside him. He clenched his fists on the wheel.

 

“Oppa…” she whispers with shut eyes. She was dreaming of him.

 

“Oppa.” A tear escaped her eye. She was crying. “I’m sorry.” A sob escaped .

 

Sungjae’s eyebrow burrow as he sees her bring her arm up and sob into it. He looked out the window and clenching his jaw, as he tried to restrain himself.

 

But her sobs weren’t dying down. He bit down on his knuckles. He clicks his tongue before he pulls her to his lap and cradles her cautiously. “Shh. I’m here, Sooyoung.”

 

Joy’s hands tighten its hold onto him as if holding on for dear life. After some time, her sobs halt as she pulls her head away and stares at him through half closed eyes. His hands frame her face, his thumb caressing her cheek, calming her.

 

A smile plays on his lips and he plants a light kiss on her forehead, calming Joy down as she finally lay her head back down on his shoulder. She breathes a soft “I miss you” before drifting back to sleep.

 

Sungjae’s arms tighten around her waist. His hand tapping her to sleep like a baby.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, you’ll be the death of me.” Sungjae checks if she’s really asleep and kisses her hair as he cradles her frame, humming “Hug Me.”

 

 

 

--

 

Joy wakes up at the first sight of light and looks outside the car, wondering where she was. Rays of the new morning were lighting up the sky. It was almost morning. She stares at the denim jacket that was covering her. “This jacket..” She snaps her head to look out, searching.

 

She gets out of the car and finds Sungjae sitting by the lake, throwing pebbles. Her steps slow down as her eyes traced his back and she watches him for a while before he glances at the car and notices her. A small smile on his lips made her heart skip a beat. He was too handsome. “You’re awake.”

 

Joy blinks her eyes as she looks away and nods at the same time. Her hand reach up to rub her neck, her head slightly throbbing.

 

She walks towards him and stops in front of him. She hands him back his jacket. “Thank you.”

 

Sungjae stares at it and takes it. He grins.

 

“For last night as well.”

 

Sungjae just stares at her, her hair was still all over the place and her eyes were puffy. He thinks it’s crazy he still found it beautiful. He lays the jacket beside him for her to sit on. She does. They sit in silent for a while, taking in the calmness- of the lake, of the morning, of their feelings.

 

After a while, Sungjae regards her before taking her hand casually. Joy watches as he intertwined their fingers and tucks her hand in his. Joy felt overwhelmed at how natural it felt. For him to touch her like they usually have before, for her to feel safe when he does.

 

It felt like months haven’t passed. It felt like they were still together. “I missed holding your hand.” She looks up at him, surprised. She remembered how his arms calmed her down last night when she’d cried on how much she missed him. It wasn’t a dream. This, right now, was all she needed.

 

Slowly, she leans her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. She feels complete. “Mmmm.”

 

“Took you long enough.” She opens her eyes and smiles as they both watch the sun rise. Her lips lingered on his shoulder.

 

He placed his palm on her head. “I.. was afraid I’d be too late.”

 

Joy shook her head and tightened her hold on his hand, “I.. was always just waiting for you..”

 

Sungjae scoffed and playfully wiggled her head. “Well, you didn’t make that obvious enough.”

 

He pinched her nose and she scrunched up her face, pulling away as they laughed lightly. They stop and stare at each other.

 

The silence stretched as their eyes memorized the other’s face. Like they were now just seeing each other for the first time again. Joy grinned cheekily and took that moment to swoop in for a kiss.

 

Sungjae chuckled as he catches her neck when she giggles away, pulling her close and whispering, “That was supposed to be my move, Sooyoung-ah. You’re always so aggressive.”  He grabbed her back, his lips touching hers lightly a few more times before giving her a tender kiss.

 

Laughing through their kisses, they savored this stolen moment.

 

 


AN: Reunion juseyo! ^_^ Pls. give me lovely comments and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjswiFUCgZ0