Prologue

Strangers, But Closer

           “Who are you texting, Eunhae?” Whirling around, you saw your best friend’s confused face as you locked your phone screen, turning it black, “Chang… kyun? Oh my god. Are you seriously texting Im Changkyun? The Im Changkyun? As in the idol?"

            “Go back doing whatever you were doing before, Jihae,” You scowled. “I just accidentally spilt juice over his jacket, that’s all.”

            Jihae gasped. “You spilt juice over the hottest guy in school? He’s in Monsta X, Eunhae! This is an abomination! Explain!” Her expression looked like you just told her that her grandmother got ran over by a squad of ducks. Utterly stupid.

            “I just bumped into him.” You calmly explained. Rotten kid. He ordered you to clean his jacket. “I was replying to my Instagram comments and he came out of nowhere.”

            “See, this is why you shouldn’t put your whole life on that social media!”

            “I have 10k followers because of the aesthetically pleasing pictures I take. Shut up, Jihae.” You stuck your tongue out at her. “Besides, I have loyal followers.”

            “But you bumped into an idol, Eunhae!” She panicked, her voice going a pitch higher than normal. “An idol!”

            “Isn’t that report due tomorrow?” Eunhae tried to change the topic. Jihae was unconvinced, but she bought it anyway. “Do it now before you get bad grades!”

            “Yeah, yeah. Thanks, Eomma.” She muttered sarcastically.