Chapter 1

IN THE END, ITS YOU

I love romcom books and movies. I'm obsessed with 'The Proposals'. I watched it last night and i desperately want to be Sandra Bullock. Her hair is perfect, her personality and everything. I always imagine myself living in a romcom movie. It would be amazing to have such a protective family, supportive friend and a cute boyfriend. (She may have the family issues in the movie, but still, romcom movies in general have the best families and friends) I have it all actually, except the cute boyfriend part.

Since i was in middle school, my ideal type of boyfriend is so high that i ended up liking no one in school. And then, i started imagining my cool highschool life like in a movie. But what do i get?

The boring Mr. Joon's class.

The bells rang three times. History is finally over! "Arin-ah! let's go!" Said Hana, my one and only best friend. I have a lot of friends but, you know, its more like an acquaintance because i dont really share stories or food with them. I only exchanged a few 'hi's and group homework. I'm an introvert person so i don't really like people invading my life except a person who really knows me inside-out like Hana did.

"I wonder what's inside Mr. Joon's mind. He remembers all the important dates and events! I mean, he's old enough to be a grandpa. So how could he memorize all those?" Hana said as we get out of the classrom. "I know. I almost threw up last time when i study for the exam. It's too much words to memorize" I did threw up an hour later because i ate too much cookies. I always eat cookies when i study and because i studied history, its a lot of cookies.

We finally arrived at the cafeteria. Its Wednesday, the most annoying day in the week, so a lot of students ditch their class and the cafeteria is not as packed as usual today.

"I love Wednesdays. There's not many people so i can eat in peace. Thank God for making Wednesday!" said Hana while giggling and picking up our tray. Today's foods are chicken nugget, ham and cheese on a bagel, mash potatoes and sweet corn. And yes! Fruit Jelly! They only served my favorite jelly once a week and today is totally my day. I hope nothing ruins my day.

Hana and I picked ham and cheese on a bagel and mash potatoes (we agreed on not eating chicken nugget anymore after we watched the movie 'cooties' last week). After we fill in our tray with food, its time to take our baby jellys! 

They make the best jelly. Jelly makes my day. 

We walked to the empty table beside the big tall window with our food tray. Our usual spot is taken by seniors, what can we do? It's alright tho, i have my jelly today. Nothing will ruin my day.

Until he put his food tray on our table.

"um. hello. we take this seat first?" I said to the dark hair boy who put his tray on MY table right after i put mine.

"This is my spot." He said, sitting on the chair immediately. Hana looks at me, confused at the situation. I know that he's not senior (because he doesn't look like one), and Hana is so shy so i think i have to do the talking this time.

"Oh really? i dont see your name written in this table? i dont see any 'this is the dark ugly hair boy table so no one can sit here'?" i spat, irritated by the way he's looking so arrogant. I sat on the table and drag Hana to sit with me. Hana is so uncomfortable and scared that she kept silent the whole time.

"Cant you just go? i'm tired arguing with someone unimportant. Wasting my time."

what. the. actual. f. word.

"what did you just say?" my anger boiling inside me. who the hell does he think he is? ok you're handsome. But that's it. By having a handsome face doesn't mean you can do whatever the heck you want thinking everyone will eventually forgive you because you're handsome. That is not how it works.

"I'll let you take a selfie with me but you have to go, okay?" okay. that's it. I stand up, and Hana tugged on my skirt. All eyes on the cafeteria are watching us and i can't be humiliated by this annoyingly-handsome-dark hair boy.

I finally threw my jelly at his face. 

ok. wrong choice. it doesn't ruin his face, only ruin his shirt.

Then i threw Hana's jelly on his face too. 

abort mission abort mission.

"just so you know, by having a handsome face doesn't mean you can do anything you want. it doesn't mean that you could ruin my perfect day! You smelly yolk fetus! yeah you heard it right! you look like a smelly yolk fetus!" and i stormed out from the cafeteria. What an embarassing choice of insulting words, Arin. Good job.

I don't look back, i keep my head straight to the exit door but i heard Hana whispering, "what the heck is a smelly yolk fetus?" But i kept my head high and ran as soon as i exit the cafeteria. 

Thank God i don't know him.

 

--

Hey luvs!

Thank you for reading my first chapter! what do you think? do you like it?

I know theres still a lot of mistake. I cant promise anything but a better chapter!

I hope that you enjoy this story, keep reading and please comment!

love, snow