There's No Such Thing As Happy Ending

There's No Such Thing As Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

 

"Park Jiyeon! Wake up now!"

 

My eyes were still close and I still don't feel like opening it but I can hear my Mom's voice outside my room.

 

It's vacation and that means I don't have to go to school so I'm just gonna sleep till I get tired of sleeping.

 

I know.

 

I'm a lazy kid.

 

But who cares? I've got nothing to do.

 

She's not here anyway.

 

I heard my door opens but I didn't even bother to care.

 

It's just Mom.

 

Someone pull my blankets away.

 

"Mom. Let me sleep some more please" I pleaded with my lazy sleepy voice and my with my eyes still close.

 

Then I felt something soft touches my forehead then to both of my cheeks.

 

Wait...

 

Mom never do that but there's someone I know who always did that to wake me up.

 

I immediately open eyes and smile when I saw her face.

 

"Goodmorning Baby" She greeted me with a sweet smile.

 

"BABY! I MISS YOU!" I immediately get up and cup her face then kiss both of her cheeks few times before I throw my arms around her for a tight hug.

 

She giggles.

 

"Seems like my baby dino miss me" She said.

 

She's Ham Eunjung my bestfriend.

 

Our parents were bestfriends and we are neighbors. Their house was just next door.

 

We grew up very together and we're bestfriends too like our parents.

 

She's five years older than me and it's kinda sad because she's on college now and she only comes home every weekend.

 

But now it's vacation so we are going to spend lots of time together again.

 

"Go and prepare yourself now. We're going to have a lot of fun today. I miss you a lot baby" she said and kisses my forehead once again.

 

 "I'll wait for you outside" she said and hugs me first before she goes outside my room.

 

I hurriedly do my morning routines and go outside of my room.

 

I found her having breakfast with my parents.

 

"I'm really impressed on how you can wake up this lazy kid so easily Eunjung" Dad said and they laugh.

 

I just pout.

 

But that turns into a smile when Jungie pull me to sit on her lap and feed me.

 

My parents smile at us.

 

"You're spoiling that kid too much Eunjung" Mom says.

 

"It's ok aunty. I just miss baby a lot" she said and kiss my cheeks

 

"So where did the two of you plan to go this vacation?" Dad asks.

 

"I'm planning to take this baby on the park and go biking today" Eunjung answered.

 

"WAAAHH!! You're really Jjang baby!!. I love you so much" I said and kiss both of her cheeks and feed her too.

 

"Ok. You can have all the fun. Just take care" Mom said.

 

After eating breakfast Eunjung and I didn't waste time and headed to the park.

 

I'm clinging on her arm while we are walking.

 

"So baby tell me about your crush again" She ask.

 

Hmm.

 

"My crush? Well, I feel so happy to see her" I said.

 

"Of course you'll be happy. She's you're crush" she said.

 

If you just know baby.

 

"You know baby she's very sweet" I said

 

"I'm sweet too." She mutters and I smile.

 

"And she's very cool and charming" I added.

 

"I'm very cool and charming too and I'm confident enough that I'm more cool and charming than your crush" she said and winks at me.

 

I giggled this time.

 

She keeps comparing herself to her herself.

 

This is funny.

 

"I love hugging her" I said.

 

"What?! You're hugging her?! What was that Jiyeon? She's just your crush!" She started to overreact now and it's too obvious coz she's calling me by name.

 

I just pull her closer and hug her tight.

 

"I'm just kidding" I said though I wanted to tell her that I'm actually hugging my ultimate crush right now.

 

"You really didn’t?" She ask for conformation.

 

"Hmmm...." I act like I was thinking

 

"Park Jiyeon!" She started to yell and I burst out laughing.

 

I cup her face and make our forehead touch.

 

"I'm just messing with you. Don't be mad" I said and rub our noses together.

 

I feel like kissing her lips but I don't want to surprise her.

 

I'm afraid that if I did that things will change between us.

 

"We're not going to talk about your crush again agreed?" she said.

 

"Yes Baby" I replied and she kiss my forehead again before she took my hand and we headed to the park.

 

When we reach the park she rented a bike and I was behind her hugging her tight.

 

"What did you do when I wasn't here baby?" She ask

 

Aside from wishing that you're here with me I don't remember what are the other things that I've been doing.

 

I wanted to say that but of course I didn't do it

 

"Nothing much. I think I just go to school and wait till it's dismissal go home have my meals and wait for your call then go to sleep. That's all I think" I said while enjoying the scent of her perfume.

 

"You change your perfume baby?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. I kinda give it a try. Do you not like it?" she ask.

 

"I like it. It's actually better than the other one" I said.

 

"Good. I'll start to use that from now on" She said.

 

"You always smell nice even if you didn't use perfume" I said to her.

 

We stop in front of the lake and sit on the grass under the tree.

 

She was leaning on the tree while I'm sitting between her legs and leaning on her.

 

She was hugging me and her head was buried on the crook of my neck.

 

Her warm breath kinda tickles but its ok.

 

She will place a kiss on my cheeks few times too

 

I love our position right now and I wanna squeal.

 

KYYAAAAHH!!

 

Eunjung and I were really this sweet ever since.

 

So these things were usually done by couples but it's a normal thing to us.

 

The sad part is that we're just bestfriends and nothing more than that.

 

"Baby how about you? What did you do when I'm not with you?" I decided to ask her.

 

"I'm studying hard to for a better future" she answered and kiss my cheeks again.

 

I just play with her hand.

 

"Just that? Nothing else?" I ask.

 

"Yeah. Nothing else. You're not there so there's nothing else fun to do" She said and kiss my cheeks again.

 

She never gets tired of kissing me.

 

"You didn't make friends? Boyfriend? Girlfriend?" I ask coz I'm really curious.

 

When we talk over the phone she just let me keep talking about me but she rarely share what happen to her.

 

"Let's go home now baby. I feel kinda sleepy. I haven't get proper sleep since I arrive" she said and yawn.

 

"Ok. What time did you arrive?" I ask as we ride on the bike again.

 

"Hmm. Few minutes after I woke you" She said.

 

"Mwo?! You immediately go to me when you arrive?" I ask.

 

This Eunjung jinja.

 

"I wanted to see you. What can you do?" she said and I really found her sweet.

 

We take the bicycle back and started to walk back home.

 

"Sorry. I'll make it up to you tomorrow" she apologizes and yawn again.

 

"It's ok. You should've joined me to sleep instead of waking me up" I said and giggled.

 

When we get to her house her Mom wasn't there maybe she was on our house talking to my Mom again.

 

They're bestfriends anyway.

 

We go to Eunjung's room and there she slumps herself on her bed.

 

I just smile looking at her.

 

She taps the space beside her signaling me to lie beside her.

 

I just obey her.

 

After all, sleeping became my hobby since she go to college.

 

She let me use her arm as my pillow.

 

Instead of sleeping we are staring at each other.

 

She held my waste and pull me closer again.

 

Our faces were now just an inch away from each other.

 

My heart was beating louder than it should be.

 

I'm afraid she could hear it.

 

"You're so beautiful baby" she said and caress my face.

 

"I was born like this so there's nothing I can do about it" I replied and smirked

 

She kiss my forehead once again and the tip of my nose.

 

"Go to sleep now baby. We got a lot of fun things to do when you wake up" I said

 

"Ok but promise me that you're still here when I wake up ok? I've got something really important to tell you" She said and pull me closer to her.

 

I just hug her back and close my eyes.

 

Few minutes more and Eunjung feel asleep.

 

I open my eyes and stare at her face.

 

I really miss her.

 

I don't mind being like this all day as long as I'm with her.

 

Her phone suddenly rings

 

I tried to wake Eunjung but she just tighten the hug.

 

I just let her phone ring but I felt annoyed and decided to answer the call

 

"EUNJUNG BABE!!! WAAHHH!! THE WEDDING RING FITS IT'S REALLY DAEBAK!! THANK YOU SO MUCH BABE!! I LOVE YOU!! YO-"

 

That suddenly made me press the end call.

 

Tears started to fall from my eyes.

 

I carefully get up and making sure that won't be waking her up.

 

She never told me she had a girlfriend.

 

She keep this as a secret to me.

 

Is this the important thing she wanted to tell me?

 

That she's getting married

 

I should've known that I'm just her bestfriend.

 

I shouldn't have set my hopes high.

 

I decided to leave her room and go back to our house.

 

I wipe my tears first before I get in.

 

I don't want my Mom to see that I cried.

 

When I get inside I heard them talking from the kitchen.

 

I'm right.

 

Eunjung's Mom was here.

 

"I'm excited to see my daughter get married!" I heard her Mom happily said.

 

Tears started to fall on my face again.

 

So she's really getting married?

 

Am I too late now?

 

I should be happy for her coz she's my bestfriend but I do fall for her

 

I fall in love with my bestfriend.

 

I locked myself in my room and ignore everyone who will knock.

 

I feel so bad that all I wanted to do is cry.

 

It's already night time and I'm still not coming out of my room.

 

Then I heard another knock on my door.

 

I ignored it as usual.

 

"Baby it's me! Open the door please! Let's talk!" I heard her voice outside.

 

"GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled at her.

 

After that I didn't heard a knock again.

 

Maybe I'm not really that important to her.

 

I buried my face on the pillow and cry again.

 

"Hey, tell me what's wrong. Why are you crying?"

 

I get up and saw her inside my room.

 

Damn.

 

I forgot to close the window.

 

"Why are you here?" I coldly ask her.

 

"What do you mean why I'm here? And why are you being cold?" She ask.

 

"You didn't know why?! You lied to me!" I said to her.

 

“I lied to you? About what?" she curiously ask.

 

"Wedding! You got a lot of time to tell me Eunjung but you didn't! I love you don't you know that?! Can't you feel it?! Why do you have to keep this to me?! And make it hard like this?!!" I yelled at her and she just look down and started to cry.

 

"I'm sorry Jiyeon. I'm very sorry. I didn't know" She just said.

 

Her sorry won’t heal my pain now.

 

THE END...

 

Please leave a comment

Thank you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter