chapter 5

Beneath The Darkness

The pills had a quick effect and made him feel in ease. After getting out of the bus he started to walk toward the narrow, dark and friendly alleys. It was a relief for him to get rid of these scary alleys. Not that he wanted to live here but with his situation and the financial condition he was in he could not get a better one and now that hyun offer one of his rooms he was thankful and happy.

While he was walking he felt a sudden wind blow behind. Turning his head he didn't see anything "again one of those illusions" he signed like he was talking to the wind "the pills effect didn't vanish yet"

All the people around him except hyun and kyu weren't human and normal. First that vampire and then his doctor N and his strange friend Leo who were magician. He didn't know what are the next things he was going to confront with but the only thing he need was power and knowledge about his enemies.

 He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize when he arrived in front of his house. Putting all those thoughts away the only thing he wanted that moment was packing his belongings for tomorrow.

……………………………….."

By the time his fangs appeared he was racing to young saeng from behind but suddenly someone grabbed him pulling him away from his hunt. His speed was faster than him and his grab was so tight that he could not do anything. There was just a vampire he knew with this high running speed.

………………………

"we are far enough I think………stop running right now" rolling his eyes after they stopped kyu starred at jong min "what the hell are you doing here?" he was angry that he lost his chance for killing that boy.

"I'm here to see my old friend" leaning against the wall he smirked.

"What a big lie. Do you expect me to believe you? Now tell me what is the real reason is."

"He is mine"

"Who?" kyu was ready to ask more before he realize who he is talking about "that boy" kyu looked amused "why he is yours then?"

"I saw him first" looking up at the blue sky like he was thinking min said" about one year ago" turning his head toward kyu he smiled.

Kyu looked at min wide eye "so you were the one that bite him. Why didn't you make him forget?"

"So he told you everything….. I wanted to but it didn't worked on him even jea tried it too but really it was useless"

"You mean he is the one?" kyu that was confused and tired of how jung min was speaking like detectives started to get impatient "instead of trying to make me solve puzzles why don't you tell me properly who he is"

"ahh……. I was just trying to make it interesting for you" min detached from the wall "all I want to tell you is that you can't kill him. Like what you said maybe he is the one we are looking for. He has some signs so if you don't want to be killed by jea just don't go near him. I'm observing him from last year when he was in mental hospital.

"Mental hospital!!!" kyus eyes was now wide open "you even send him there"

"jea send him there. He is very head strong and tried to reveal that jea is a vampire before everyone. jea needed some time for finding out the instruction. That damn wizard's booklet was hard to find."

"You told me that you found it last time we see each other"

"We have half of it.  We don't have the other half. Even if we find it we could not use it. It all is written by different signs."

"he is coming to live with us from tomorrow so I think you will have more time to work on it since you don't need to follow him anymore" kyu said disappointed.

Min first look at kyu to get if he is not telling the truth but there was no lie "I…. sometimes will come to see you there. I bet hyun joong will be happy to see me "in this way he could see young saeng whenever he wanted.

"yes he will" kyu smiled sadly " he will be happy to see everyone and understand everyone except me" he murmured and started to walk out of the dark impasse they were in " do you still use the new vampires " looking over his head at min and smirking he asked "I hope he realize soon before falling for you" he said and disappeared in a moment.

………………..

The next afternoon hyun was ready and exited like a child to see young saeng. After showing his new roommate's room and helped him to bring some of his stuffs they sat to rest and drink some coffee. All the time they were talking hyun's attention was completely on young saeng that made kyu really nerves.

"How do you manage to come along with what you see?" hyun asked young saeng curiously between their talk about vampires.

"A doctor helped me. I'm still seeing him every Sunday" said young saeng after drinking some of his coffee.

"You mean your psychiatrist in the mental hospital you were in" looking at hyun's reaction kyu started speaking. If he could not kill him he could annoy him so that young saeng himself leave there.

By hearing the word mental hospital young saeng's hand started to shake but before the cup fall from his hand he manage to put it on the table and looked at kyu with fear and at the same time amused "h……….how did you knew it?"

"Somehow" seeing young saeng fearful eyes he felt his heart was now a little lighter than before.

Young saeng who didn't knew first how to continue this conversation stood up "w…..well they……… they send me there…I  ... I just" seeing the way hyun and kyu were looking at him and remembering some of his mental hospital memories made him feel he can't breathe properly and the need for his medicine made him go to his room with ought completing his sentence "sorry" after finding what he want he turned to the door by hearing it opening. He saw hyun with a glass of water in his hand "take it"

Young saeng took the glass and drink the water in one shot "thank u" giving back the glass he sat on the bed" I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was afraid you don't believe me if you hear. I was called crazy in the past. I knew it is for the past but still I can't control the amount of memories that sometimes start to attack me"

Hyun sat next to young saeng and took his hand in his "don't worry. I do believe in what you said" he hugged him while trying to keep his heart calm "I totally understand what you feel"

When they calmed down completely in each other's embrace hyun stood and went toward the door "let's go out. I will make you something to eat"

"thank u hyun I'm not hungry" pointing to his stuff he smiled warmly "I need to clean here first " he understand from their first meeting that kyu don't like him but he didn't expect this in the first day of staying here.

Hyun left the room and closed the door before he go to kyu who was still in the living room with a triumph smile on his lips that disappeared after hyun come.

"Why you keep bothering him. It was a bad experience for him "he said while looking seriously at kyu on the sofa in front of him

He didn't need to ask kyu how he found out about youngsaeng's past since he knew kyu have many connections. He could gain any information he want. Every time he asked him about it kyu's answer was that he has many friends.

"It's his fault why he didn't tell us everything I'm sure he has many secrets that keep on not bothering himself to let us know" looking annoyed at the door of his new roommate room and rival in love he stood up. "With this situation I cannot believe what he said. Did he really telling the truth? What if he is dreaming everything about vampires" saying it loud so that young saeng could hear it he looked back at hyun.

"Stop it kyu " said hyun in law voice and stood too.

 "It's enough.. Why are you so sensitive about him? It's not really a long time you knew him. I'm just worried about you" he said and quickly turned his head so that hyun don't see his glassy eyes. "Why don't you see that you are hurting me" shouting in his mind he quickly ran to his room. He could easily force hyun to make love with him but in this way he would lose his heart and he didn't want this. He desired hyun's heart first.

Hyun sat back on the sofa and sighed. He knew well why kyu behave this way. All his actions and his eyes were saying that kyu love him even though kyu never told him himself but hyun didn't have the same feeling. Kyu for him was just a close friend. By saying the word friend to him many times he tried to made kyu realize what he really feel.