Final

I Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook sat leaning aganist his pillows as his eyes stared blankly into the TV that was at the foot of his bed. His eyes flickered back and forth between the rotating images but his brain didn't process anything the characters were saying. He brought his left hand upwards before taking a large gulp of the beer he was holding. The cool liquid ran down his thorat quenching his unexplained parched feeling. But he knew why, he was numb.

He glanced at his phone that lay forgotten at the foot of his desk. The poor phone had faced his wrath as it had been chucked into a small pile of glass when his anger got the best of him. Picking it up gingerly, he pressed his thumb on the power button, hoping that it was only the screen that was destroyed. As if hearing his prayers, the screen lit up. Although, it was hard to see he could still make out the two smiling individuals he had set as his wallpaper. His thumb traced the female's face before his fingers curled around the black device tightly as his body racked into sobs.

He had ed up.

-----

Jungkook sat in the nearly empty coffeeshop as he stirred his straw in his iced Americano. The coffeeshop he was sitting in, he frequented and became on eof his top spots. He frowned as he stared at the glass across from him, the contents slowly beginning to melt. The milk swirling around and entwining itself with the espresso.

How long had he waited? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? He didn't know. 

"I'm sorry!" A female voice tinkered into his ear as he glanced upwards. But instead of feeling happy, he felt even more bitter.

"The meeting ran even longer." The blonde female sat in front of him, dropping her bag carelessly behind her as she pulled out her phone and quickly texting something before pocketing it again.

"Did you wait long?" She inquired with an innocent look on her face.

Jungkook wanted to assure her that it was okay but he couldn't bring himself too. This wasn't the first time she was late. This wasn't the second time. Hell, this wasn't even the third time. A feel of uncertainly bubbled in his chest as he stared at her. Although they were dating, it felt that they were drifting further and further apart from one another instead of closer. It felt as if they were strangers.

"Jungkook?" Hana leaned forward, her eyes laced with concern. "Are you feeling okay?"

Something in him snapped. He had kept this bottled up inside way too long. He had never vented. Never, and now he regretted.

"No everything's not okay." Jungkook snapped as his eyes angrily pierced her own as Hana leaned back in shock. Never had she seen him look so angry in her lifetime. He was always smiling with that cute bunny smile of his. He was always happy. But seeing this side of him, Hana didn't know what to expect.

"Are you cheating on me?!" 

"W-what?"

"You heard me." Jungkook grinded out, the grip on his drink becoming tighter. "Are. You. Cheating. On. Me?"

"No. Where did you get that idea?" Hana asked quietly as Jungkook let out a bark of sarcastic laughter.

"Really? You're not cheating on me? Because you're spending an awfully large amount of time with Kim Taehyung."

"Tae? We're just friends." Hana stated firmly as Jungkook's eyes blazed in anger at the mention of the nickname.

"Just friends?" He sneered. "He calls you during our dates and you pick up immediately. I know you transferred to this school with him so I get it. But everytime he calls, you pick up. You're being secretative. You cancel plans. You don't tell me anything anymore!"

"It's not something I can tell you Jungkook." Hana whispered softly as her fingers curled into a fist. "I want to tell you, but I can't."

"Really?" Jungkook scoffed before crossing his arms and rising to his feet. "You can't or you won't?"

"Jungkook-" Hana reached out for him only for him to pull away as a flash of hurt crossed her face.

"You know what? I'm done. I'm done being left in the dark. I'm done trying to pretend that everything's okay. I'm done Hana."

"What are you saying." Hana asked blankly but even she knew where this was heading.

"I'm breaking up with you."

---

"You're back early." Jimin commented as he left himself into the dorm room. Jungkook offered no response as he stared at the ceiling.

"Jungkook?" Jimin questioned as he pulled out a chair and dropped his backpack into it.

"I broke up with Hana."

It was dealthy silent in the room as Jimin's eyes widened. One could hear a pin drop.

"W-what?" He stuttered out as he barrelled his way to his roommate's side of the room.

"What do you mean?!" He demanded, pulling out Jungkook's vacant chair, before perching himself on the desk.

"I'm tired of her being so secretative. She's always with Kim Taehyung. I confronted her about it today and she said that she couldn't tell me. She couldn't tell me, but she can tell Kim ing Taehyung? What does Taehyung have that I don't? I'm her boyfriend not him. 

Jimin stared at him sadly as he continued to rant angrily. He wished he could tell Jungkook everything he knew, but he couldn't. He had promised both Hana and Taehyung.

-----

"And here, we see that this cell has bonded with this one..." The biology teacher lectured his sleeping class. Jungkook glanced at the two empty seats in front of him and couldn't help but scoff. Hana and Taehyung both skipping class, why wasn't he surprised the least. He couldn't wait until this class ended.

A loud rumble was heard as everyone sleepily looked upwards, rubbing their eyes. Professor Hong paused his lecture before shrugging and going back to his lectuing but the sound was heard again.

"What the?" Ryu commented as he glanced toward Jungkook who only shrugged in response.

"There's something flying..." One of the female students, Hyorin, stuttered out as she pointed out the window. But before anyone could turn the glass shattered as a loud scream pierced the air.

Students scrambled backwards before rushing towards the doors only to panic as the doors remained locked.

"It's locked!"

"We're stuck in here!"

"Someone get us out!"

The class crowded into the back corner to try and get further and further away from the bird looking creature.

"Silly little humans." It squaked, as it's three eyes stared them down. "I'll kill you all. The Earl will be so happy with my progress."

It opened it's mouth before purple beams began shooting out but before it could hit any of the students a seagreen barrier appeared.

"Innocence!" It squaked angrily as a male dressed in tan robes held up a box that emitted the green light.

"Kisu?!" Jungkook stared as Kisu turned to him before grinning. "Yo."

"You'll all die." The bird squaked angrily before fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter