The past is the past 160903

The world isn't fair

Based on a true story // written 160903


I remember those days where the heartless sunsets would break out luminous colors of burgundy, light ashes of saffron tucked in to it. Where the tranquil nights would whistle of a fresh scent of peace every time light footsteps stand on rugged concrete pavements. When the clouds weren’t overfilled with waste and disgrace as if people had no empathy for nature. The days where even the pessimistic people had the slightest drop of optimism and hope shining in their fiery pupils.
   Unfortunately, every strand of elation had a strand of anguish ignited within. Even if the shameless stars would drape over the quite nights to light up the darkness in the winds, we would feel unsafe. Even if the cloud didn’t send continuous waves of dejection and distress, we would feel caught up in senseless thoughts. Even if the saddest has sense of the happiest, we would still be here, unable to whisper words nor let out inaudible cries of laughter. It doesn’t take a detective to realize that the smallest mistakes in life, could change our unwary bliss into drowning dolefulness.
   How many years ago was it? Several or more, I couldn’t remember. The only visions I have sighted in me were the thundering breaks of water as the flood ruthlessly entered the cities. At that time, the screams weren’t noticeable, nor was the wave. Who knew how many people fell into eternal rest once it crashed, the only thing I did know was how it wouldn’t stop. How uncaring the waves were as they strike through innocent lives, having them wasted, thrown into the trash without having a wrong.
   It isn’t fair but to brutally honest, nothing ever was. I felt unstoppable pain overfilling my mind, I was too conscious to think, too dull to remember what I did. The crashing didn’t seem to want to stop, the undying, cruel, agony that plaster around me mentally didn’t seem to either. Blackness shrouded my visions, I only heard faint screams of family shouting my name at the time, I was young and carelessly, I didn’t know what they were saying. Not when I couldn’t speak, when I couldn’t know, when I couldn’t even understand the unsatisfying disaster.
   -
   I woke up speechless the next morning. The lands grew quite again, the chirps of birds, no more. The weak cries of neighbors crowded the ashes of dismay; unbearable. The headache and confusion wouldn’t stop blooming in me. I tilt my head, so slightly yet it hurts. They’re there, safe and alive and I couldn’t ask for more.
    Yes, the suns were still at peace, but it wasn’t like before. The nights were still so warm, but it wasn’t like before. The clouds were still so pure, but it wasn’t like before. The people were still upset, it was always like before.
     Change wasn’t evident to the foreign and new but to us? Different and same would never clash. The world is the same yet the mood is different. I understand now, It’s how life grows. It’s a brutal cycle but it’s the most reliable. I understand now, it’s how we live.

            -remembrance date; 1600903

            -date of happening; 0409??


               Asandra Addien