Chapter 1

New School, New Friends, New Boyfriend

Kibum looked at the letter, he looked at his hands that were holding onto the letter that was trying to escape from his not-so-steady hands. He took a deep sigh and looked up at his new school, new home and new life.

 

‘Here we go again’ He muttered to himself as he began walking to the main door.

 

It was quiet, there was no one around that Kibum could see. There was just a concrete path directing the boy towards a door. On each side of the path were patches of grass with trees that were saying goodbye to the leaves they once held. The autumn leaves on the ground, the trees that were losing their life and the absence of people did not give Kibum any hope that this school would be any better than his previous ones.

 

The door was getting closer and so was his future, just how long of a future would it be? Kibum wondered whether he would be bullied here instantly and his parents finding out and making him move school again. He always questioned why they never got him home-schooled. One time Kibum did mention it but his parents insisted it would stop him from getting any friends. Well, he never got friends from going to school anyway so what was the point, he often thought.

 

Kibum’s footsteps became smaller and smaller as he approached the door, not wanting to experience another hell in the form of a school. However, he knew he had to enter the gates of hell to accept his parent’s wishes of him going to school.

 

He opened the door and walked in to the reception desk. Kibum expected that the receptionist would start the conversation after noticing his presence but she did not. The reception lady did not even realise Kibum was there as she was too busy facing down at her desk, her empty desk. Kibum raised an eyebrow and coughed a little. His other eyebrow then joined the other in rising along with his mouth. The receptionist looked up with a look of extreme tiredness and ever-so pale skin. It appeared that she had not slept in days, weeks and perhaps even months.

 

‘Oh hello, you must be our new student.’ The receptionist smiled in a hope to give Kibum a welcoming feeling but it looks way too forced… She gets a piece of a paper from her desk and handed it to the new student, Kibum.

 

‘Well, this is your student timetable and this school is very confusing to work your way around so you have the head boy to help you look around’

 

Key nodded politely and moved to some seats that she gestured for him to wait at. He was used to being a new student and understood how the process often worked.

 

The wait was silent and the receptionist went back to staring down at her empty desk. Key could not understand why she looked so tired. Are the hours here extremely long? He thought. And why stare at an empty desk?

 

A door opened and a tall handsome boy came walking towards him. The boy looked at Key and immediately changed direction away from the boy and to the receptionist instead. Key watched as the handsome boy whispered in the ear of the receptionist that caused Key to raise his brow yet again, what type of student whispers in the receptionist ear? The tall brown haired handsome boy and the receptionist looked at Kibum before the boy nodded.

 

‘Hello, my name is Choi Minho but you can just call me Minho. I am the head boy here and I would like to show you around!’ The boy said, full of energy in his voice, a big contrast to the receptionist.

 

Kibum bowed a little.

 

 ‘What is your name?’

 

‘Kibum..’

 

Key analysed the boy top to bottom. He was tall and handsome and had a really nice smile. The school uniform added to the attractiveness of the boy. Key just hoped that he was kind now and not rude like the people in his previous schools.

 

‘Well Kibum let’s start walking.’

 

Key nodded and the two walked off and eventually around the school. Minho showed the new boy all the different rooms and lunch cafeterias. Key could not help but notice that it was dark and gloomy; there were barely any lights and when there were they were so dim. There was no natural light at all. All the windows appeared to have been tinted to the extreme, it was as if they wanted to learn in the dark. Students passed by, some shared the dull appearance of the receptionist from earlier whilst others shared the positive auroa of Minho.

 

Minho grabbed the paper out of the new student’s hand. ‘Ah you have mathematics with me so we may as well head there now. In fact you can sit with me today if you want?’

 

Key nodded with a shy smile. Was this place going to be good? Someone had offered him to sit next to them. He had not had such an offer before…

 

On the way to class the two boys went through busy hallways. There were a lot of them and all of them were very busy. It was that busy that Kibum walked into someone whilst paying attention at the grim décor.

 

‘Ouch’ Key muttered as he placed his hand on his forehead in a hope to relieve the pain. He looked in front to see who walked into him and as he did he saw a sight that he would never forget. A boy with platinum blonde hair, the colour of cold frost and a perfectly unflawed face with angelic eyes, was staring into his eyes. Key’s heart began to flutter and so did his brain, can someone be that attractive his brain asked rhetorically. The appeal of the boy made Key forget about the pain in his head from the small bump.

 

The boy looked at Kibum with surprise written all over his face, he then bought his mouth towards Minho’s ear and started whispering. Minho placed his mouth by the boy’s ear and whispered back. The two went back and forth causing Kibum to be curious and anxious. Were they talking about him? The receptionist was whispering about him. Did he look weird or something? Before Key could ask, the boy and Minho pulled away from each other.

‘Jonghyun, this is Kibum, the boy that you just walked into clumsily.’

 

‘Oh it is a pleasure to meet you, I apologise for knocking into you, I was just following a good smell which oddly led me to you.’

 

‘Jonghyun!’ Minho hissed.

 

Jonghyun looked up at Minho with a devilish smirk, ‘he is very attractive, can I look after him instead?’

 

Key who was watching the conversation with such curiosity raised his body in the air with shock. He raised his eye brows, his mouth and his heart. ‘What? Attractive? Huh? Is he joking or something? Who is that open anyway? No he must be joking, trying to be mean? He is smirking after all, as if he is trying to tease me. Yes, that must be it!’

 

‘Enough!’ Minho ordered before grabbing Kibum by the wrist and dragging him through the busy and dull halls towards the classroom

 

Kibum was confused and ended up spending the maths lesson going over what took place. Even how Minho just grabbed his wrists, the whispering, and that boy, Jonghyun who just came out with something like that, probably to tease. Why must the good-looking boys always turn out to be mean.

 

The lesson finished and Kibum was tired. No wonder many look tired here, he thought. Kibum and his new friend, head boy Minho walked out the hall and towards the lockers to prepare for their next class.

 

 ‘That was the hardest level of maths I have ever had, Minho, was that advanced maths or something?’

 

Minho smiled, ‘no that’s just the basic mathematics that everyone does here.’

 

‘Oh…I am going to fail!.’

 

‘Oh you’re not going to fail.’ Another voice said.

 

Kibum froze, Minho did not say that so who did? He turned behind him and saw no one close enough to say that there. He turned back and directly in front of his face was Jonghyun. Key jumped in fright.

 

‘Key run a long!’ Minho said calmly to the new boy. The new boy did not move, perhaps Key was still in fright or maybe surprise.

 

‘Key run along!’ Minho repeated, this time sounding very serious and so, Kibum walked to his locker.

 

 

Minho grabbed Jonghyun’s wrist just like he did that of Kibum’s earlier and led him to an empty classroom.

 

‘Oh wow Min, what was that for? Jonghyun asked as they entered the empty classroom.

 

‘As if you do not know.’

 

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and smirked, pretending he did not know but deep down he knew why Minho dragged him in here.

 

‘You are not going to hurt that boy.’ Minho ordered.

 

‘What? No of course not!’

 

‘Jonghyun, you’re a demon, the only demon in this school and I am well aware what you type like to do with humans..’

 

‘Oh Minho, humour me? What do we like to do with humans?’

 

‘Eat their souls…’

 

Jonghyun clicked his fingers, ‘ah that is true but I am well fed and besides I would never want to eat that new boy’s soul.’

 

‘Why?’ Minho asked, a little worried.

 

‘Because if I ate his soul he would die and I would not be able to stare at that hot body of his.’

 

Minho coughed, ‘do you have to talk to him about that way?’

 

Jonghyun did his usual demonic smirk, ‘Yes but I suppose his face is handsome and he has such a nice smell that led me to him, not like any other human.’

 

‘You know what Minho? I am going to become friends with this boy and you know I will hopefully have a boyfriend soon..’

 

‘Jong, how do you know he is gay?’

 

‘Oh Min, please how could he not be gay. He is 100% diva.’

 

 

Minho did a short hum, ‘well whatever you want to do just do not hurt him okay. I know how dangerous your type can be. Also remember who his parents are…’

 

‘Oh I do Minho, I will ensure no harm comes to him but lecturing me on being dangerous, that’s rich for a vampire to lecture someone on…’

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________

Sorry if poor - english not my first language