Final

I Promise

 

 

It's longer than my other one shot so you patience is needed here and there. Hehe.

 

 

 

###


“I love Sanghyuk.”

“Binnie. Why?”

He just shakes his head and took his luggage, walks out of the house that he shares with Hakyeon for the past 5 years.

“Why?”

He sighs, hugging his knees, crying. And the routine went on for few days before he feels ashamed that he cried over a failed relationship at this age. He is no middle schooler nor a high schooler. He should take it maturely.

7th day after the breakup, Hakyeon comes out of his room all clean and organized. In his hand is his acoustic guitar, he play music for life and today, he is going to sing, so that he can buy himself dinner.

“Why aren’t you here for a few days?”

“I had some personal issues to solve, Ahjumma”

Said Hakyeon and took his guitar. He sat on a chair that the owner of the cafe always spare it for him, crosses his legs and starts strumming.

Today, the song he sang is so melancholic and he too never imagine he can ever write the song as good as it is.

And towards the end, he shed a tear which he quickly wipes it off, the guitar case is full of money like always and he thanks the crowd.

“Are you suffering from a break up oppa?”

A high schooler asks him when he picks up the case and he smiled ever softly.

“Read a lot neh.”

Said Hakyeon and he patted the girl’s hair. He tidies up and was about to leave when a tall silhouette stops him.

“Can I help you?”

He asked the stranger and he smiled.

“I’m Leo.”

Said the strange and took out a piece of thick paper and Hakyeon acknowledge it as his business card.

“I saw you play and sing. You hit the right note and you are good. I want to cast you.”

“Excuse me?”

“I own a company. If you have time to spare, we could talk.”

“Deh. I have time.”

He response and walks with Leo to what he suppose his car. The journey took about 5 to 7 minutes and Hakyeon took his time to stare out of the window. He still is heart broken.

“We are here.”

Leo announced and they went into a building, kind of huge one and he follows Leo closely.

“Sit down Hakyeon ssi.”

Hakyeon was surprised that he knows his name but Leo only chuckles as he brought two cans of cola.

“I saw you last two weeks, I ask around and the madam who own the cafe told me about you.”

“Oh.”

“So, you compose your songs?”

“Deh.”

Hakyeon meekly answered. Leo nods.

“Your songs are impressive. It is regretful that only few can listen to it. What do you say if I want to produce an album for you.”

“Really?”

“Yes. The songs that you composed, the royalty is yours. The rest, we can discuss it again and comes up with a contract.”

“All mine? But you are the producer.”

“I’ll take my profit from other job. The song is yours.”

“Oh. I’m afraid to work with big company because I heard rumours about their slave contract.”

Said Hakyeon honestly. With that, Leo laughs.

“You might. But our motto are different. We’ll take care of our artist so that we can work in harmony. You make money for us, so we’ll treat you well.”

“But what do you mean by we? Who else were there?”

“It’s my right man, Kim Wonshik and Lee Jaehwan. Both are talented. They’ll teach you well. If you agree to work with us.”

“Of course I will.”

“If that so, we’ll sign the contract whenever you are ready.”

“Thank you, Leo ssi or do I have to start calling you President?”

Leo laughs and shakes his head.

“I prefer Leo.”

They both shakes their hand and seal the deal.


###


2 years later.

 

“N ssi, how would you say about the new concept of your album?”

“I work on this album with Mr Leo and he saw my potential in dancing. So I wish public will receive my new image well since I only go with indie and R&B. I have fun while making this album and I hope you will enjoy it too.”

Hakyeon then pose for the camera and concludes the interview with bows of respects.

Two years had passed and Hakyeon is now well known as N, a singer-songwriter. He releases many single and after a meeting with Wonshik whom was known as Ravi, and discussion with both Leo and Jaehwan, they decide to release a dance song for his second mini album.

“You did well.”

As always, Leo will wait for him at backstage and he receive the compliment with a smile, then proceeds to hug him when no one around.

They began dating just from the past three months and Hakyeon has now fallen for him, more than he could ever imagine.

He once thought that Hongbin will always haunt him but Leo manage to brush away all his memories that he build with Hongbin.

“Mind to join me for dinner?”

“If you buy it.”

Leo answered and Hakyeon laughs.

“Deh. I’ll buy so that you will spend time with me.”

“Heyy, I told you, don’t say that.”

Said Leo, brushing Hakyeon’s bang before he presses his body on his and circle his arm around his body. Hakyeon chuckles and kisses Leo’s bottom lip.

“Don’t sulk. I am not good with words. You know that.”

Leo tchhed and Hakyeon slaps his chest.

“So how can you write such songs huh?”

“Ehemm, we are still in public love birds.”

Said Ravi and pulls Hakyeon off of Leo and Jaehwan glares on him.

“He is mine. So why?”

“We knows but media and public don’t know, hyung.”

Jaehwan rolls his eyes and checks on his phone.

“Should we hire another manager? It’s tiring for you to move around alone.”

Leo coughs at that.

“Alone with the president.”

Jaehwan added and Leo smiles in content. Hakyeon chuckles, shaking his head.

“I don’t need one. I can manage by my own. Leo helps a lot too.”

Leo can’t help but smiles proudly. And he pulls Ravi when he was about to sling his arm around Hakyeon’s shoulder.

“He is not going by the car. He is coming with me.”

“Wae?”

Ravi complained and Jaehwan holds his arm.

“They are going for a date of course.”

Once again, Jaehwan rolls his eyes and Ravi laughs at him dumbness.

“Right.”

Said Ravi with his thick voice and Leo sling his arm around Hakyeon’s shoulder, pulling him as he does that.

“So, see you guys tomorrow.”

Said Leo and walks away, dragging Hakyeon who was busy bidding his goodbye to the dongsaengs.

“You are ridiculously close with them. I’m beyond jealous.”

Leo whispers to his ears and it makes Hakyeon shivers. So, instead of replying him, Hakyeon chuckles, biting his lower lips as they walk to Leo’s car.

“Where are we going?”

He ask when he finally tuck in his seatbelt and Leo kisses him before he stares at his face and smiles.

“Somewhere quiet.”

And when he said quiet, Hakyeon never imagine it will be Leo’s house, where Hakyeon had been staying for the past half and a year ago.

“Our dinner date is here?”

Nodding, Leo kisses him again, he can’t resist blonde Hakyeon and went to the kitchen, Hakyeon tagging behind. He just stares when Leo puts on an apron and removes his coat when he gestures him to wear one too.

“And I have to help?”

Pouting, Hakyeon folds his sleeves and took the knife when Leo passes it to him.

“Just slice them all.”

Said Leo and they work in harmony, with a spoon of teasing and many kisses, Leo finally complete making dinner.

“Thanks for the superb meal Woon ah.”

Said Hakyeon, calling him by his real name a which brings a wide grin on Leo’s face. He told him, he loves it when Hakyeon calls him Taekwoon and when he calls him with aegyo, he is more than happy.

“N ah.”

He started and grabs his hand, letting his thumb massaging the back of his hand as he smiles.

“What is it?”

Hakyeon asked, wiping the cream on Leo’s lips before he his finger.

“Let’s become official?”

“Deh?”

“I want you as mine for real.”

“I am yours now honey. So why?”

“Please Hakyeon ah.”

“Gurae. Let’s do it.”

“Really?”

With a smile, he nods. Then, he squeezes his hand.

“Let’s do it. There is rumour about us too.”

“You agreed okay.”

Hakyeon smiles and stood up, kissing Leo who smiles in between the kisses.

“I promised.”

Hakyeon added and ruffles Leo’s hair before he pats his cheek.

“Rest. I’ll clean this up.”

Leo shakes his head.

“I’ll clean. You should take a bath and sleep. You had been through a lot today.”

“Are you sure you will be okay?”

Hakyeon asked and Leo nods.

“I’m beyond happy. So, I’ll be okay.”

Said Leo as he picks up the plates. He ushered Hakyeon out of the dining room and the latter obliged after some time. He badly needs sleep too.

“See you tomorrow Woon ah.”

He cooed and then left for his room.


###


“Where are you honey?”

“I’m still on the road. They said there is an accident in front.”

Said Hakyeon as he peered to see on his front.

“Just be careful and take your time okay. Don’t be all curious and get down.”

Right after Leo said that, Hakyeon saw it. The accident that he shouldn’t. He also don’t know when he asks the driver to stop the car and soon, the bloody Hongbin is on his lap.

Hakyeon was trembling when he calls Leo again.

“It’s Hongbin.”

Said Hakyeon through the phone and Leo closes his eyes before a sigh left his lips.

“I’ll be there.”


###


It’s been two days after the accident and Hakyeon went to the hospital again after his schedule. He saw Hongbin, all scratches and there is a cast on his right leg. He is awake and Hakyeon can see that Hongbin was looking out of the window, his eyes were sad.

After standing for a couple of minutes, he walks in, wearing a smile on his face.

“You seem healthier than I first saw you again.”

Hongbin turns to look at him and chuckles bitterly.

“Why are you here again hyung? You suppose to ignore me. I betrayed you.”

“Hyung can’t leave you just like that. You are injured. Badly.”

Said Hakyeon and Hongbin laughs. The laughs also heard insincere but Hakyeon wasn’t going to ask.

“He left me.”

Hongbin said, even though he wasn’t asking. Hakyeon just nods.

“I feel sorry hyung. That I ended our years of relationship just because of the new guy.”

“We aren’t meant to be. It’s not anyone fault.”

“It’s my fault.”

Said Hongbin, biting his tears away. Hakyeon sighs as he holds the spoon.

“Eat some of this Bin ah. I have some schedule to attend.”

“I can feed myself hyung. Just go.”

“Ani. I know you will skip your meal again.”

Hongbin chuckles as he looks somewhere else but Hakyeon.

“You change your name but you are still the Hakyeon hyung I know. Loving, caring.”

He smiled but it looks sad.

“But you aren’t mine.”

“Bin ah. We moved on.”

“Maja hyung. I am pathetic right now don’t I?”

Hakyeon don’t want to say anything so he put down the spoon.

“I’ll come again.”

Said Hakyeon and just left without waiting for Hongbin’s response. He just can’t leave Hongbin alone. Not when he knows he need someone as badly as he did long time ago.


###


“Hey.”

Hakyeon shortly address Leo when he comes home that night, late and tired.

“Hey.”

Leo responds the same and closes his eyes when Hakyeon hugs him from his back.

“How are you?”

“Fine?”

Hakyeon release his hug and steps to his side to see Leo’s reaction.

“What happen? You don’t look good.”

“Nothing honey. I’m okay. Maybe I think a lot.”

“Are you starting a new project or something?”

Hakyeon asked, still with worried tone and expression. Leo shakes his head.

“Aniyo. I’ll tell you if I was.”

“But you are drinking.”

Said Hakyeon after he glances to the trash can not far from where Leo is standing.

“I need to get rid of some image in my mind.”

“And I shouldn’t know about it honey?”

“I don’t want you to think that I don’t trust you.”

“Is it about Hongbin, Woon ah?”

Leo sighs instead of answering and Hakyeon frowns.

“Oh no. Did I act or do something that I shouldn’t?”

“Ani Yeon ah. It’s me. This insecurity always follow me like a shadow.”

“Woon ah. Hongbin. He.”

“Ara. You are just being kind.”

“There. You know.”

“But he seems like he still wants you.”

“He did but I don’t.”

Hakyeon rubs Leo chest before he hugs him close. Leo closes his eyes, feels the warmth with all his system. Then he hugs him back, with a kiss on his head.

“I love you.”

Said Hakyeon and then Leo tightens the hug.

“And I love only you.”

He mutters, trying to be at ease.


###


Hongbin was reading when Hakyeon comes into the room, not alone this time.

“You came.”

Said Hongbin, glancing at Leo who look intimidating and scary and so he changes his glance to Hakyeon who always look kind and handsome.

“You are going to be discharge.”

“I have nowhere to go.”

Said Hongbin, continue to flip the magazine that he had been reading for the nth time. Hakyeon went closer to him, Leo stays at his place.

“Why? Where did you stay all these time?”

“I’m homeless.”

Hongbin chuckles before he continues.

“And penniless.”

Hakyeon sadly stares at the man that he once loved with all his heart. He is becoming more pathetic as time passed.

“I went to your house but it’s empty.”

“I moved.”

“That’s obvious. You are a superstar now.”

Hakyeon sighs and turns to Leo. He went to him after he saw his eyes.

“Do you want us to help you find a job or something?”

“And make me look like a hopeless bum? No thanks.”

Said Hongbin and he then flips close the magazine.

“I’ll find my own way to survive. Don’t mind about me anymore hyung.”

He gives Leo a look when Leo touched Hakyeon’s shoulder and Hakyeon stood up.

“If that is what you really want.”

Said Hakyeon finally.

“I’ll leave then Bin ah. Live well.”

“You really will leave me hyung?”

He asks when Hakyeon turns his back and makes Leo froze in place.

“What do you want me to do then Bin ah?”

He asks, still showing his back on Hongbin. Leo glances at his lover, full of worry and nervousness. But then Hakyeon just walk out, he saw Hakyeon fists his hand as he left and he sighs, before following him out.

Leo saw Hakyeon, crouching down in the corner where there is no one, his shoulder is shaking. Leo’s shoulder slump at that view and without any further thought, he left Hakyeon.

“Jaehwan ah, pick N up. He is at the Hospital.”

He only said that before he ended the call, sighing for the nth time. He then take the wheel and starts driving. After that, he can’t be seen anywhere until the next three days.


###


“Where have you been hyung?”

Wonshik asks when he saw Leo walking into the office, massaging his forehead.

“We have meeting with the sponsor right? Be ready to go with me.”

Leo left the office after he said what he wants and Wonshik was left alone again after that.

“Hyung. Hyung. Aishh.”

Jaehwan came in after and arched his brow.

“He left just after he showed up?”

Wonshik nods.

“I’m so pissed.”

Said Wonshik and kick his table. Jaehwan glares at him for that and he apologize.

“Go get ready to attend the meeting. I’m going to N hyung schedule with him today. Aishh this love birds. I told them to get a manager. Now that they bicker, I have to do extra job.”

“Just do it hyung. You don’t have anything to do too.”

“Aigoo this guy. Ara!”


###


Hakyeon looks at his phone and sighs again. He had been calling Leo since last three days but his call was left unattended. He knows soon after that Leo must feel offended.

But he had make things clear doesn’t he? He told Leo that his feeling for Hongbin had died and that he only loves him.

“Why can’t you trust me Woon ah?”

“What happen actually hyung?”

Jaehwan asks when he sat on the driver seat. Hakyeon looks at him and he sighs.

“I think he is sad at my action.”

“About what?”

“We went to visit Hongbin.”

“Uh oh.”

“Is it bad Jaehwan? Why are you reacting that way?”

“I haven’t told you but Leo hyung had this insecurities when it comes to you. He told us about Hongbin and how he wish he is Hongbin. So that he is the one that spend all those years you spend with Hongbin and won’t leave you. He loves you too much.”

“Oh god. And I cried for Hongbin with him around.”

“Hyung, I hope you will settle this down. You aren’t look happy when you perform on last night show. Journalists ask and I can only say that you are tired.”

“Do you know Leo’s secret escape? Where he’ll go when he is stress or tired?”

“There is this one place, hyung.”

Said Jaehwan.


###


Hakyeon stood in front of the said hotel room and fighting with himself whether he should knock the door or just leave.

As he was battling with it, Leo open the door and hugs him so tight that he forgot to breath.

“Please.”

Leo whispers.

“Please don’t leave me and get back to Hongbin.”

“Woon ah. I’m sorry if I make you feel down. It’s you that I love. Hongbin is just my past.”

He make Leo release him and brings him into the room. Leo follows him quietly and sat down on the couch where Hakyeon sat on the coffee table.

“I know I hurt you with my action. But I’m just sad for him. He was dumped and he was injured. He has nowhere to go and he has no job too.”

He then heave a long breath as he look at Leo.

“I. I found a room for him, a part time job too. I hope you understand why I did that.”

“I don’t know. You took time for last time.”

“You know you help me move on right?”

Hakyeon asked and Leo nods again. Hakyeon holds his hand.

“I said it one last time. Leo, Jung Taekwoon. You are the one I love now and forever. I loved Hongbin but we are over. He is not more than just a friend now.”

“I’m sorry. I was. I am.”

“I’m happy despite being sad that you left.”

Said Hakyeon. Leo arched his brows in confusion.

“Wae?”

“I found someone that love me more than I love myself. I used to be the one who give more and receive little.”

Leo cups Hakyeon’s face and smiled.

“You worth it. The love that me and this love give to you, you worth all of it.”

Hakyeon smiled at that and kissed Leo on the lips.

“Am I forgiven then?”

Leo nods.

“Of course. Me?”

“You did nothing. Now shall we?”

He asked and Leo blushed.

“What makes you this red? Are you having naughty thoughts Woon ah?”

“Eh? Ani.”

He scratches his head and Hakyeon laughs.

“Let’s go home now. You can continue that at our home.”

Said Hakyeon and they then went home with a light feeling; hand in hand.


###


Leo wakes up first the next day, when the buzzing sound won’t stop. He kisses Hakyeon’s hair who was nuzzling on his chest to look for a comfortable position before he grabs the phone.

He wrinkle his forehead when he saw the name. Hongbin is calling. But why?

Leo wants to get out of the bed quietly but he can’t. Hakyeon was hugging him to sleep and he don’t have the heart to disturb him.

“I’ll just call him later.”

He thinks and snuggles closer to Hakyeon and since it’s still early, he plan to sleep in.


###


Hongbin grips the phone and tried one more time. He just can’t get through Hakyeon’s phone. So he try calling Leo.

“It’s now or never.”

He said, dialling again with hope that Leo will at least attend to his call. His first attempt failed, so he call again and stops for the fifth time.

“Did you get him?”

He stayed with Gongchan after he was discharge and he rejected all of Hakyeon's help. He wants to stand by his own feet he said. So Hakyeon let him.

“No.”

Hongbin throws his phone on the couch and stood up, getting himself a drink. Gongchan shakes his head.

“What are you planning to do is wrong dude. Just stop it now.”

“I’m just trying to get back what’s mine.”

“Nah. He’s not yours anymore. You walk out of him, not other way around.”

“Ara punk. But still, he once love me. And he might still love me.”

“Your choice. Don’t say I didn’t remind you.”

Gongchan gives up and reach the tumbler that Hongbin can’t reach due to his crutches.

“Just stay here. I cooked. Make sure you eat.”

Hongbin doesn’t answer him at all and Gongchan doesn’t wait for him to response too. He just leave for work without any further questions.

“I know what to do. Since when do I need your advice?”

He smirks and drinks the hot coffee.


###


“You have to attend a variety show today. The press conference is at 9.00 pm. The variety show was scheduled to finish at 6.00 pm so you have enough time to get ready.”

The new manager, named Minhyuk tells him his schedule for the day and Hakyeon laughs.

“You are too strict manager nim.”

Minhyuk flustered at that and starts to stutter. Hakyeon hugs his shoulder and pats his arm.

“Be comfortable. I don’t eat people. You read out the schedule as if it is an important news.”

“Look at this. Hands off newbie.”

Minhyuk quickly stiffen. Leo looks so strong and he was intimidated right away.

“Don’t scare him away. He is so good in his work and we can get N hyung work without being drag by you now and then.”

“Yah Wonshik ah. He is mine. I can do what I want.”

“You still have time until the press con hyung. Think carefully.”

Jaehwan teased and earn a glare from Leo. Hakyeon laughs and pulls Minhyuk to stand beside him.

“I’m leaving for my schedule. Stay here Woonie. I’ll attend the conference right on time.”

He then pats Leo’s cheek and fist bump at the other two. Leo looks at him with a smile and earns a giggle from Ravi and Jaehwan.

“Stop that!”

He knocked their head and walks the opposite way when he saw Hakyeon walks out of the office with Minhyuk.

“Should we pull a prank?”

Jaehwan asks and Ravi smirks and quickly think of an idea.


###


Leo checks on his phone and frown at the number that constantly called him that morning. So, he call the number back and waited. A ring went by unattended and he patiently wait before it was answered.

“Leo ssi?”

The person asks and Leo wrinkled his forehead.

“Yes.”

“I’m Hongbin. I couldn’t get Hakyeon hyung so I called you.”

“Ah yeh. What can I help you?”

“Is Hakyeon hyung there? I want to talk to him.”

“He has a schedule today so he doesn’t have his phone with him. You can just tell me. I’ll pass it to him.”

“Aniyo. I just want to talk to him. It’s okay. I’ll just call again later.”

“Oh okay.”

Said Leo and ended the call. He had this frown written all over his face so the prankster duo drop it when they get into his office.

“Something happen hyung?”

Jaehwan asks and sat in front of him. Ravi too had the concern on his expression when he looks at Leo. That’s the same expression when he and Hakyeon had a tiff.

“Hongbin called.”

“What? Why would he call you?”

“He called Hakyeon but he was asleep earlier, I turn his phone on silent mode.”

“Then?”

“My phone rang and I silent it as well. When I see it, I found many missed calls so I call the number. Bam, it’s Hongbin.”

“Did he say anything?”

“No but it doesn’t seem like he’ll stop looking for Hakyeon. What am I supposed to do?”

Leo palm his face in desperation and makes the two exchange glances. Jaehwan shrugs, signalling Ravi to talk and so the younger spoke.

“It will be fine after tonight hyung. You guys are going to announce your relationship.”

“But we aren’t tied up with anything. What if Hongbin ruin it?”

“We won’t let it happen hyung.”

“And Hakyeon hyung loves you. We know it.”

Jaehwan assures it, nodding when Leo looks at him.


###


“Still thinking of ruining other relationship?”

Gongchan asks after he took the seat beside Hongbin. He snot at that and continues to flip the channel.

“Give up.”

Said Gongchan and looks at Hongbin. He glares at him.

“I told you. I won’t. He is mine to start with.”

“You left him for Sanghyuk.”

“I know. But he still love me.”

“How can you say that? He has Leo you said.”

“Why would he save me if he had forgotten me?”

“He hasn’t forgotten you for sure. You hurt him so bad. If it were me, I’ll just leave you but Hakyeon hyung is nice. He doesn’t have the heart to take any revenge. You know it too. You used to brag about his kindness. Until you meet that boy.”

Hongbin bites his tongue. Whatever Gongchan said is the truth but he is not going to listen to it for now. Not when he think otherwise.

“He tool care of me like when he once take care of me back then. Hia action, his comfort.”

“I told you the reason; that he is kind and loving. You got the wrong idea.”

“I’m not.”

Gongchan grabs the remote from Hongbin and switch to another channel which broadcast a live programme.

“Watch that and wake up. He is not going to be the same Hakyeon hyung for you. He found his other side and you aren’t going to ruin it.”


###


“Are you ready?”

“More than anything in this world. I’m excited Woonie.”

“You sure you are ready?”

“I am!”

Said Hakyeon, cupping Leo’s face.

“You aren’t going to back out don’t you?”

He squints his eyes and makes Leo flustered.

“No! Of course not. I’m doing anything if I need to keep you by my side so never doubt my love for you.”

“Awwww. That’s too sweet Woonie. I’m afraid I’m gonna get diabetes for all those sweet things coming out of your mouth.”

Said Hakyeon cheerfully and Leo rested his forehead on him then, sighing before capturing his lips in a delicate kiss; making it more sweet when he drops a little tear from his eyes.

“Don’t make me tear up okay. I’m gonna have my bright smile captured when I talk about us.”

“I’m sorry. I just can’t help it.”

Leo kisses his lips again and Hakyeon hugs him.

“I love you more than anything and I wish our love will never fade.”

Hakyeon nods at that.

“Now lets make the whole world know how much you love me. Okay?”

Leo smiles and intertwine their fingers.

“Lets.”

 

 

 

 


The end!
You can just guess what happen next right? ㅋㅋㅋ
I made this for someone who whine/sadly talk to me about how Hakyeon was left alone in an FF that she read. I really took a lot of time to complete it so I apologize to you.
Thank you for reading this one and I’ll continue focusing on Leo Daycare because another baby is coming. Lolz

Lots of love from me, Star ★