One

Love at First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Another slow day for one of the popular senior students of the University who is sitting at their usual spot at the cafeteria of their school together with her friends.

 

She keeps on sighing every now and then.

 

She looks bored while watching every student around.

 

She suddenly remembered what her Professor told them a while ago about love. About what Psychology says about LOVE.

 

“It only takes 8 seconds of eye contact for ‘LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT’ to happen”

 

She scoffs. It’s impossible. Staring at each other’s eyes for the first time is called FLIRTING that will eventually leads to and definitely NOT LOVE.

 

 

 

 

“hey Irene unnie let’s go buy food”

 

Irene looks at the source of the voice who interrupted her thoughts, which is of course she’s glad. “I’m not in the mood to eat. Go and buy your food coz I think Yeri might faint anytime soon” she then glance at the other person who is eyeing the foods a little far from them and smiles “she’s literally drooling. Look” She pointed at the girl owning the name Yeri. The said girl is eyeing the food like a predator and already tasting the foods in her mind with mouth open.

 

“yah!! Don’t drool! It’s disgusting”

 

Yeri just meronged at the girl. She stood up and walks away. “you pay our food joy!” Yeri shouted earning gasped from the girl, Joy.

 

“in your dreams Yeri! In your dreams!!” Joy shouts a little and then turns her attention back to Irene.  “Irene unnie we will just buy food ok? You want something to drink?”

 

Irene smiles warmly at Joy. “iced coffee please. thanks”

 

Joy nodded. “ok. Now I need to control that shikshin. Even if I don’t want to pay I have no choice…” Joy sighs dramatically “ but I’m not gonna let her murder my wallet.” She added.

 

With that, Joy left and run after the maknae of their little group. She ofcourse didn’t forget to slap the poor maknae’s arm for making her pay for their food as she reach her.

 

Irene can only chuckles at the sight and looks around again.

 

Hoping to see something or someone that would ease her boredom even for a while.

 

Someone. That’s impossible. Because until now no one had a chance to get her attention. No one.

 

She sighs frustratingly as there is nothing interesting to watch or stare.

 

But not until she turns her head towards the school cafeteria’s door.

 

 

 

There…

 

 

 

She saw a girl with mid-back length of black colored and ash like colored hair opens the glass door with small smile painted on her face as she talks to the girl beside her with bright red hair color.

 

She stares at the girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

One

 

She watches the girl’s every move.

 

Two

 

The way she talks to the red-haired girl beside her.

 

Three

 

The way she smiles.

 

Four

 

The way her eyes curves into crescent-like-moon-shape when she smiles.

 

Five

 

The way her perfect teeth shows when she smiles

 

Six

 

The way she fixes her hair with her fingers.

 

Seven

 

The way she bumps into one of the tables

 

And that makes Irene frowns unconsciously. A sudden feeling of worry awakes inside her.

 

Eight

 

The way she still manages to smile even after she bumped into the table.

 

Nine

 

The way she bows apologetically at the students occupying the table with smile on her face making the students smiles back at her.

 

Ten

 

The way she grins playfully when she look at the frowning red-haired girl.

 

Eleven

 

The way she lets the red-haired girl holds her hand and pulls her close to her while still grinning.

 

Irene clenches her fist. There’s an un-explainable feeling inside her that makes her feel uneasy with the sight.

 

Deep inside she wanted to be the one holding her hand.

 

She wanted to be the one pulling the girl closer to her body.

 

She wanted to be the one receiving the grin from the girl.

 

 

 

Twelve

 

 

The way she tries to make her eyes big as shock evident to her face as the girl beside her threatens her

 

Irene smiles.

 

How can a person make her emotion shifts to another that easy?

 

 

Thirteen

 

The way she sits while laughing.

 

Fourteen

 

The way she talks to the red-haired girl.

 

Fifteen

 

The way she nods cutely at the red-haired girl.

 

It makes Irene wants to walk towards her and squish her cheeks.

 

 

Sixteen

 

Irene is still staring at the girl.

 

The red haired girl left.

 

Seventeen

 

The girl looks around.

 

Her sight ended at Irene.

 

Irene’s heart reacts – her heart beats fast.

 

Eighteen

 

They stare at each other.

 

Nineteen

 

Irene wanted to look away.

 

But she can’t.

 

She’s trapped.

 

And Irene doesn’t have any plans to escape.

 

Twenty

 

Irene feels like her soul is being by her eyes – by her stares.

 

And she’s letting her to her soul.

 

Twenty-one

 

She her lips.

 

Twenty-two

 

Irene gulps.

 

How can a simple lips can be this alluring?

 

Twenty-three

 

She bit her lower lip.

 

She’s still staring at Irene.

 

Twenty-four

 

They’re like in their own little world.

 

Twenty-five

 

She smiles at Irene.

 

Her smile is like a sunshine – so bright and warm -- opposing with her eyes that looks like a crescent moon – relaxing.

 

Twenty-six

 

She then remembers what her Professor said before ending their class today.

 

“No one believes in ‘LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT’ until that special person comes along and steals your heart” He said in his not usual tone and winks at Irene.

 

And it hits Irene. Is she under the ‘LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT’?

 

She can’t believe this.

 

Just a while ago, during her class, she keeps on opposing the idea but here she is now, being under that category.

 

But she also can’t deny that it feels great.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s the new student right?” a voice suddenly pops from her side causing Irene to jump a little from her seat.

 

“Tzuyu! are you trying to kill give me heart attack?”

 

Tzuyu just stare at Irene innocently. Too innocent that anyone can deceive that she’s an angel.

 

“not my fault unnie. You’ve been staring at her to not to notice that I’m already sitting beside you” Tzuyu grins. “Joy! She’s the new student right? And wow! Your cousin surely is a social butterfly. She’s already close with the new student” Tzuyu points the two girls occupying one of the tables near their table.

 

Joy settles herself across Irene. “yes she is the new student.” She gives Irene her iced-coffee and receives thank you from Irene. “ And ofcourse my cousin is close to her coz they’re best of best friends.”

 

“who’s best of best friends?” another voice joins the group and sits beside Joy.

 

“my cousin, Wendy unnie and the new student, Kang Seulgi”

 

“oh! So her name is Seulgi. It suits her” Tzuyu commented earning glare from joy.

 

“don’t you ever try to flirt with her. Even think of flirting with her Chou Tzuyu” Joy threatens.

 

“I’m not” Tzuyu defends herself.

 

“yeah right. Just don’t. Because that cousin of mine is Seulgi unnie’s mom-in-charge. She’s taking care of Seulgi unnie while her parents are away for business.  My cousin might be nice and friendly but if you mess or hurt Seulgi unnie better hide because an angry Wendy unnie is not what you want to deal with. Also Seulgi-unnie is a senior’s baby”

 

“senior’s baby?” Yeri joins and asks in between munching of her chicken.

 

Joy nods. “yup. Krystal unnie and her group. She’s their baby. And if Krystal unnie knows that you want to flirt with their baby you better run and hide because she’ll chase you even in hell” Joy shivered with the thought of angry Krystal. An angry krystal is the last thing she wanted to face. Or better dig her own grave and burry herself than to face Krystal.

 

“If Seulgi-ssi is a new student how come she knows that ice princess senior?” Tzuyu asks earning nods from the rest.

 

Irene is also curious. She wanted to ask Joy too but it’ll be weird as it will be the first time that she will ask about someone that doesn’t have anything to do with her. Also she doesn’t want them to know that her heart is already been taken away with the new student – not atleast now. She still needs to make sure and know Seulgi first. Having her heart taken by Seulgi is not enough. She needs to make her feel the same way too.

 

She needs to steal Seulgi’s heart just like how Seulgi stole hers.

 

Announcing the world that she’s inlove is easy but making her fall in love is another topic.

 

“Krystal unnie and Seulgi unnie are neighbors in US and their parents are close friends that’s why they easily got along. Seulgi unnie sometimes stays at Krystal unnie’s house whenever her parents are away and Krystal unnie happily takes care of Seulgi unnie. She treats Seulgi as baby.” Joy explains. She feels like she’s Seulgi’s spokesperson with the amount of questions she receives.

 

“how about Wendy unnie?” Yeri asks this time. It’s like Tzuyu and Yeri are the MC of their little question and answer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter