Final

Babies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 months later...

 

Jessica was discharged from hospital and she was now enjoying her life at home where she was being treated like a queen – whatever she wanted, she received and whatever she disliked wasn’t there. She rested her head beneath her arms and smiled; if this was the kind of life she would live after giving birth, she wouldn’t mind giving birth to another three or four more. Her feet rested upon a pillow, as ordered by her beloved wife because she still had leg cramps from time to time.

“Sica-ah!”

At the sound of her wife shouting, Jessica quickly buried her face into her pillow and squeezed her eyes shut.

“SICababy…”

Yuri’s voice softened immediately, seeing the calm way Jessica’s shoulders were rising and falling peacefully. Though she originally came upstairs to scold her wife for being so lazy and even forgetting to change Daehan’s diaper, her Sica just looked so adorable pretending to sleep. Yuri stood by the door and stomped her feet a couple of times, making it seem like she had gone downstairs.

A frown descended upon Jessica’s face; usually if Yuri saw her sleeping when she wanted to call her, Yuri would either kiss her forehead or give her a peck on the lips.

Why was this time any different?

She waited and waited, but there was nothing. “Stupid Seobang…” Jessica mumbled and sat up from the bed, ready to smack her wife when she released her infamous dolphin scream – Yuri had been waiting for her to wake up all this while. She couldn’t stop herself from blushing as the image of Yuri smirking entered her mind; her wife always looked so hot when she was being confident and such.

Yuri knew she didn't need to wait anymore so she approached the bed, sitting beside Jessica with her arms on either side of her wife. She bent down so that her lips were at Jessica’s ears, whispering softly, “You were waiting for me to give you a kiss, huh?” Jessica let out a small whine and struggled to pull the covers over her head; she was already embarrassed out of her wits.

“Baby, how could you go back to sleep without even changing Daehan’s diapers? Do you want him to be all smelly or something?” 

Jessica couldn't stop herself from rolling her eyes; Yuri was turning into her 'commander' mode again. 'Commander' mode meant that Yuri was going to nag and reprimand her for doing the wrong things for their baby boy. Jessica knew that she shouldn't be so lazy but bad habits don't erase themselves just like that. 

“I’ll change it for him now… can you get off me first?”

Another one of her cheeky smirks crawled onto Yuri's face, it made Jessica fight within herself to not just make out with Yuri right there and then. She s her arms around Yuri's neck and pulled the latter down, giving her a peck on the lips. 

“Stop teasing me so that I can go and change Daehan’s diapers, Seobang. Sometimes I really wonder if you come to nag at me or come to get a kiss from me, you know?” 

Just as Yuri was about to reply her with another mindblowing kiss, a loud wail from downstairs echoed through the entire house. Jessica groaned and pouted at Yuri, “come on, just one more kiss…” Yuri would be lying if she said Jessica’s lips weren’t doing a good job of tempting her but Daehan needed someone and she was the one.

So as fast as Yuri had entered their bedroom, she left just as quickly and left her poor wife in bed alone. 

Seeing Daehan in the crib was completely heartwarming; Yuri’s eyes couldn’t move from the sight of him. “Daehan-ah… Umma is here…” Yuri softly sang, picking her little boy up into her arms. Daehan slowly started to lower down his wailing, staring at Yuri through his fluttering eyelids. He felt so comforted with Yuri holding him tightly, cuddling him against her chest. Even if he was hungry, he didn’t find himself crying as always.

 

“Mommy is coming down so don’t cry anymore, okay?” Yuri cooed, giving little Daehan a sweet kiss on the forehead.

Kwon Daehan had been born at the right time and he wasn’t much of a wailing baby as compared to the other babies in the hospital. When he was hungry, he would wail for a bit till either one of his parents held him even if he wasn’t fed immediately. As Daehan grew closer to being a year old, they realized that he was a really quiet but observant baby – he would slowly lift his finger to point at something if he thought it was appealing to his eyes.

“Daehan-ah…”

And the sweet voice that travelled through Daehan’s sharp ears belonged to none other than his precious mother with a cold appearance but the warmest heart possible.

“Yul, pass him to me.”

Yuri huffed and turned away from Jessica, holding Daehan dearly to her. “Come on, let’s run away…” Daehan started to giggle as he felt himself being lifted and bounced in Yuri's secure arms; his cheeky mother never changes. 

Jessica could only shake her head at how childish her wife was being even when she was holding onto their son. She knew Daehan would have a small trace of Yuri's genes in his character or personality when he grew up but seeing how Daehan was; maybe their second child would have more of Yuri's genes - Daehan was quiet and Yuri was noisy. 

And their day continued with Jessica trying to get Daehan back since he was hungry while Yuri carried Daehan with her around the house, literally running away from her angry tigress. 

 

 

 

5 years later... 

 

Yuri was in the car with Daehan; the two were on their way to visiting Jessica at work since she had to work overtime today. Daehan was turning 6 in about a week or so and he was looking forward to his birthday party since he would be able to see his other aunties. Yuri felt a little upset that Jessica was rarely around nowadays but she had to understand, her wife was a businesswoman now.

“Umma…” Daehan mumbled, playing with his fingers, “will Mommy be able to see us if she’s busy?”

A frown descended upon Yuri’s face for a split-second before she smiled, lifting Daehan’s face to see her, “of course she will see us. Mommy loves you more than work, remember that.” Yuri watched as a shy grin formed upon Daehan’s face as he finally let Yuri’s strong but gentle words sink into his innocent mind. 

As Yuri drove into the basement, Daehan looked around curiously at the familiar building surrounding him. “Umma! Mommy is inside that tall building, right? I want to see her, I miss her!” Yuri nodded gently and gave Daehan a smooch on the lips before taking out her phone to let Jessica know they had arrived.

 

sicababy ♥ baby!!! we're here in the carpark do you want to come and get your food?  hey seobang...  you sound sad 😟 are you okay? yeah... 😞 just... my designs were ruined because of some issue with the printing machine WHAT WHO RUINED IT 😡 hehe, myself i was zoning out and i pressed the wrong button ... ... dont judge me 😢 now i have to rush to hand up my designs so i dont think i can join you two for dinner...  sorry, seobang please explain to daehan for me 😭

 

Oh goodness. 

How could her wife handle the pressure so well? Though Jessica had technically caused this due to her clumsiness, Yuri didn't want her wife to skip her meals just to draft her designs on time - Jessica had a weak stomach. 

Daehan was waiting for Jessica to come downstairs but gasped when the car started to move, driving out of the basement. “Umma! I thought we were going to eat with Mommy!” Daehan shrieked, getting up on his seat in a panic as his mother left the building.

“Aigoo… Umma’s just going to buy dinner for Mommy then we’ll come back. Mommy doesn’t have time to eat with us today.”

Yuri knew Daehan's silence meant that he wasn't upset but he wasn't happy either, knowing that their original plan of eating together was ruined by Jessica's designs. Even though Yuri had nothing to do with this, she could understand why Daehan was upset; she too had been looking forward to this meal. 

Well... if Jessica couldn't join them, they could always join her. 

 

 

Jessica sat in her office with her hands massaging her temples, her headache was killing her. She cursed herself for zoning out even when she was at work but she couldn't help it either; she didn't get enough sleep last night because she had been rushing her designs. If she knew her designs would go to waste, she would have just slept like a pig last night.

“Sica-ah!”

The ice princess couldn’t look up from designs so she just hummed in response; most of her staff called her by her name since she hated sounding like an old woman. She only looked up when felt a tight hold on her waist; someone was hugging her tightly.

“Mommy…”

“Daehan?” Jessica mumbled and pushed the small face in her neck up, revealing her adorable son who was pouting, “I missed you, baby boy… what did you do in school today?” Daehan could only grin as Jessica lifted him onto her lap, resting his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter