Ch. 1 - I shut my mouth (and keep it locked until it counts)

A little bit
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

He was a mutual friend.

 

When Ten first met him, he immediately concluded that nothing was special about him.

 

He was just one of those handsome boys that Ten was so used to seeing. Ten almost teased Taeyong on how he only picked his friends with their looks.

 

And maybe throw in something witty saying he himself is honoured to be included in the list.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t until Friday night or maybe morning, did he get to learn a little about the younger.

 

Ten was just lounging on the couch, having finished with his homework that wasn’t due until Tuesday. He could’ve procrastinate a little bit more but he had nothing else to do and just figured to finish the thing.

 

Taeyong left earlier to visit his family, so he wasn’t around when the boys demanded to open the door in his and Taeyong’s shared room at 10 in the evening.

 

Ten didn’t bother to fix his appearance as it probably wasn’t something serious. He had his fringe clipped on top of his head with bobby pins, and along the way he grabbed a black tank and wore it. He wasn’t even sure if he owns this one.

 

“ummm..?” he intelligently let out after opening the door.

 

“Ah it’s Ten! Okay, open up wider” Ten was confused, wondering why Johnny was here. He did what was told and not long after, his friends piled up inside one by one. Surprisingly, the new kid was present as well.

 

“Where’s Taeyong?”

 

“visiting home. What’s up?” Ten asked back, closing the door behind him and following the boys inside. Johnny and Yuta disappeared to the kitchen with bags in their hands that Ten noticed just now.

 

He leaned his side to the wall, arms crossed on his chest as he eyed the remaining people.

 

Jaehyun, the new kid looked awkward. His posture was stiff as he sat on the couch, wondering eyes looking around. Doyoung on the other hand that was sitting beside him, had his arm around Hansol’s shoulder.

 

And was it Ten or did Hansol seemed out of it? Miserable.. maybe?

 

“we are all gathered tonight to nurse a broken heart” Doyoung helpfully supplied. Another look at Hansol’s state and Ten understood.

 

Sounds in the kitchen caught Ten’s attention, with one last look at the trio, he made his way to the kitchen to go and check.

 

Ten stood dumbly at the doorway

 

“Don’t tell me we’re-“

 

“Drinks! We’re gonna drink the night away!” Yuta enthusiastically bellowed, letting everyone hear on purpose. He turned around, spotting Ten “hey do you have something we can put the ice cubes on?”

 

Ten had a displeased expression on his face, grumbling he went and open cabinets after cabinets. He gave Yuta a bowl large enough to hold the cubes. “but why here?”

 

“Taeyong told us to”

 

“No, he wouldn’t. He’ll text me with this kind of things” He countered.

 

“Yes, well he told us to make Hansol feel better and take him out or something.”

 

“and to our place because?”

 

“Don’t be a party pooper!” Yuta exclaimed, reaching for the underside of Ten’s chin, giving it a light tap.

 

Ten quickly moved his head away. “there’s no party” he deadpanned

 

“well, there is now! C’mon, carry this to the living room so we can start and get wasted!”

 

Ten once again grumbled, reaching for the bag of bottles Yuta was shoving onto his chest. He wanted to reply with a ‘Don’t order me around’ but with Yuta, there’s always a comeback.

 

And Ten haven’t won, even once. It’s best to not say anything ..at all, Ten had learned it in a hard and a bit humiliating way.

 

 

 

 

 

There were too much of them to fit on Ten and Taeyong’s lone couch, so he and the other two chose to sit on the floor.

 

Johnny demanded Ten to turn off the boring TV and turn on the speakers instead, which in any way was not boring. Running man was on, how dare Johnny call it boring.

 

He sarcastically replied with ‘Yes boss’ and stood up to turn the speakers on as Yuta poured everyone a drink.

 

Hansol wasn’t really a talker. They all knew a little alcohol in his system was needed to be able to let him talk.

 

When Ten sat back down, Yuta was giving the glass one by one. He saw the last glass being handed to Jaehyun.

 

Ten out of impulse, reached out to grab the younger’s wrist. Effectively stopping Yuta and gaining everyone’s attention. Yuta had a confused look on his face, maybe even Ten too, but he was good at masking it with an indifferent one.

 

He always was.

 

“are we really letting him drink? Isn’t he like.. the youngest here?” as soon as the words left his lips, the others thought his question was

Please log in to read the full chapter