Confessing Feelings

I Love You Too
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Doyeon, this is amazing!” Yoojung exclaimed to her girlfriend, as she walked into their living room; which was lit only by the light from the candles on the table.

It was the couple’s three month anniversary and Doyeon had decided to cook her girlfriend a romantic meal to celebrate. Of course, she didn’t do all of the preparation as well as the cooking, it actually took her, Sohye and Somi, two hours to get the place prepared... Mainly because they kept getting distracted and Doyeon’s urgency for it all to be perfect; which judging by the smaller girl’s reaction, it was.

The taller girl wrapped her arms around the smaller girl's waist and learnt down so that was against her girlfriend's ear, “not as perfect as you,” she whispered with a husky voice, sending a shiver down Yoojung’s spine. The younger girl chucked at the older girl's reaction and pulled away, only to grab her hand, “here’s your seat madam,” she grinned as she pulled out a seat for Yoojung.

Yoojung giggled, but sat down on the chair which her girlfriend had pulled out for her. Doyeon told her that she was going to get the food, so she just nodded. She began to think about her and Doyeon’s relationship. Yoojung smiled when she remembered their first meeting in school, it was third grade. All the times they’d spent together, all the good memories, she remembered their first argument, but she quickly shook her head of that memory. Instead she thought about when Doyeon had asked her to be her girlfriend along with their first kiss.

It was a cold winter’s evening, Doyeon and Yoojung had just been to the cinema and were now walking back to their dorm – Or so Yoojung thought – hand in hand. This wasn’t weird for either of them, as they always held hands. However, tonight it felt more... Romantic. Neither of the girls knew how the other felt about them, but they both knew that they liked each other... A lot more than just friends.

Doyeon had decided that she was going to take the smaller girl to their special place, next to the pond in their favourite park. Ever since they were young they always went to that same park and whenever they needed to have a serious conversation, they’d sit by the pond... It was something about the flowing water that comforted the girls.

They walked in a comfortable silence, until Yoojung realized that they weren’t going back to their dorms, and instead were heading to the park.

“Doyeon, why are we going to the park? It’s late,” she asked.

Doyeon hesitated for a moment, her lips. “Yoojung... I, um, I need to talk to you.”

Yoojung frowned a little, there was so much anxiety and slight desperation in the taller girl's voice, she didn’t understand why. She thought that the taller girl was okay, as they’d had quite a fun day out. Rather than saying anything she just gave the taller girl a warm smile, and nodded her head.

Once they arrived by the pond, both girls took their usual seats, and looked at one another. The atmosphere between them had gone from comfortable to something that neither of them could describe. Doyeon started fiddling with her fingers, while Yoojung kept biting her lip. They had been like this for at least twenty minutes, before the silence became unbearable for Yoojung.

“Doyeon, what’s wrong?” She asked the younge

Please log in to read the full chapter