Completed

Forgotten Feeling

Music was blaring out of the several huge speakers. The intimidating smell of alcohol was in the air as the abashing ladies accompanied the heartbroken men. Youngsters were playing around and dancing to celebrate their freedom in this golden era.

You need looks and skill to seduce a girl. And Sunggyu had those. You need to make use of what you have. And Sunggyu did. Sunggyu was a Lothario. And an amazing one at that.

He spotted this chick by the bar and smiled his way to her. This one's a wealthy one with some dignity, and this one's going to be fun!

"It's so cold, babe!" He shouted because of the loud music and hugged her tight. He was expecting a harsh push and a yell, or a slap, even. But to his surprise, the girl hugged him back. His smile faded and hands loosened, as the girl gently wrapped her arms around his torso.

He was taken aback and confused. He has had a degree on girls' nature and clothing. He was a classy Casanova with wits. Her fashion sense depicted her high class and stateliness. Probably she was too drunk? Too drunk to be thinking straight? Too drunk to be acting in the right manner? Yeah, that must be it.

He was still shaken. His hands were resting by his sides as he stared into space. He was there to startle her, but he was shocked himself, way beyond his imagination could ever make him.

"Miss..." He called. The girl tightened her hug and snuggled closer to him. He wanted to push her away, but he was too shocked to even react verbally. His shock was due to this lady in his arms playing along with him, and his shock was due to this insanely familiar feeling inside of him. He was yet to confirm this crazy feeling, this crazy feeling he had let go long ago. How did this crazy feeling return again after all these long and painful years? What has it go to do with him again? Can't it just leave him for good?! This frustrating feeling! What's with this girl?!

What was shock, turned into anger as he finally found his strength back and pushed her away from him. And that's when his heartbeat almost stopped. Almost. And he recognised her. Then.

Her eyes became heavy as she aimed for the nearest object and fell over him. He caught her in reflex. Only in reflex. He didn't intend to. His cold hands wrapped themselves around her. They only did. He didn't intend to.

"Go away!" He threatened as his arms tightened their grip around her.

"I don't want to go back to him..."

"Get lost, Bora. Again..." He mumbled as he held onto her tighter and so did she. It was as if his body won't listen to his mind. And he was starting to hate his body for that.

"He's... He's...a..." Bora said and hiccupped.

"Just how much did you drink?" He asked in annoyance. "You know you can't handle much so why on Earth do you drink?!"

"You know why..." She said and giggled. She was not even in her senses, or so Sunggyu thought. "Something inside me is hurting me- that's why-" She stopped as a hiccup interrupted her speech.

"-you need cigarettes or whiskey, or music so ing loud that you can't think." Sunggyu continued meekly, remembering that's exactly what he had said years back. Just back then, he had laughed. And today, he was on the verge of his tears. But he soon swallowed those water droplets which would make him weak again, which would make him want to love her again.

She was giggling. He was struggling- to keep her standing in his arms. His eyes were empty, cold. He loathed her. The woman in his arms.

He seduces woman and plays with their hearts. But who had he become like this for? Yoon Bora- the girl who seduced Kim Sunggyu and played with his cold heart. The one who had Sunggyu fall in love.

It was years back when she came in his life and made him suffer this obsession for her. She had said she loved him too. But then she went to that other guy, making their story a cliche one, making Sunggyu the third wheel in the love triangle. It was her fault. All of it.

"Where do you live now?"

"I don't want to go back to him..." She said as she abruptly stopped giggling.

"You have to."

"I want to stay with you..." She mumbled. His eyes were still blank, unbelieving.

"I did too. But I couldn't and you can't as well. Where do you live? Tell me and I'll drop you off."

"He's a womaniser..." She said in a defeated yet cute voice, as if whining. She was really out of her mind.

"I am too."

"I am hurt."

"I was too."

"He hates me."

"I do too."

"He doesn't love me."

His eyes were still cold, in hatred and anger. And his throat was hurting, making him unable to speak. Or that's what he explained to himself.

She started laughing loudly, but Sunggyu could feel his shirt getting wet, as he caressed her hair and mumbled, "Neither do I. I don't love you as well."

And she started crying harder, clutching onto his shirt, tightening her embrace, her laughter dying. She was crying in redoubled pain and as her heart pumped tears of agony, she was hurt again and that same poor heart was dealing with it.

He carried her to a nearby comfy sofa and laid her there. Going back to the bar he found her purse and rummaged through it till he got what he wanted. Her cellphone. He made a quick scan on the contact list and found the id "Hubby Ya".

So they are married now...

He dialled the number and the recipient picked up after the 7th ring.

-"Hello?"

"Your wife is drunk here at this *** Restaurant."

-"What? Who are you?" He cut the call and put the phone back inside her purse.

He went back to her, kneeled beside her and cupped her cheeks, caressing them, his eyes softening for the first time after he met her that night.

"Don't leave me...Gyu..." She mustered dolefully, tears still streaming down her cheeks, grasping onto Sunggyu's hand.

"You're the one who left me." He said, his cold eyes returning, as he forcefully pulled his hand away from her grasp. She was not ready to let him go, she was trying to hold him back despite being tired. His jaw hardened every time she told him to stay, after she had let him go years back. But he wouldn't listen to her. He had his mind all made up. He turned his back at her for the last time, and strode out of the club.

He was angry. Again. After years.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!" He screamed out his frustration amidst the empty Seoul streets, clutching onto fistful of his honey-coloured hair. He kneeled down on the streets with his empty eyes returning, as if to show himself that he was strong. But there's a limit to everything. And Kim Sunggyu is a human after all. At that Winter night, out of sheer frustration and exhaustion, he let his tears fall, his forgotten feelings reviving once again, to kill him once again, after long, painful years.

As the Winter breeze flew about and touched his face, he couldn't have felt any colder. It was the coldest Winter night ever, and he had spent his coldest night out on the streets.

He thought he'd gotten over her. But he was wrong. It's still there. He couldn’t get any angrier for it being still there. It was that forgotten feeling he no longer wished to feel. That crazy feeling...called love.

 

 

 

 _______


 How was it? Do let me know in the comments!

 

-SumSum ^_^