Home

I need your warmth (didn't you say it was going to be okay?)

 

 

Jimin just wants to come home.

 

 

It’s 14 minutes past 2:00 in the morning, too early to disturb anyone of his friends and too late to return to his parents’ place. The events of his night seemed to only include him wandering around. Jimin is not the type to do this, but he wanted to make things surreal so he’ll be able to deal with the pain.

 

 

He smiles bitterly to himself and stops to sit on the grass in the park he’s currently aimlessly spending his time in. At the very least Jimin’s thankful that there’s no one around to see him indulging in his misery. Less people to answer to, he thinks.

 

 

There really isn’t anything to be sad about. After all, it had been four months since Yoongi disappeared without a trace and left him alone on their shared apartment in the 3rd floor of Nonhyeondong. Jimin should stop pitying himself and wondering what went wrong. What made Yoongi leave. He should stop wanting to come back to his arms. He should stop wanting to see the brown-haired rapper he promised to spend the rest of his life with. He should stop.

 

 

Jimin should stop. But he can’t. He can’t stop himself from wanting to come home to him. Yoongi has been the center of his life for the past year. The person he’ll sacrifice everything for. The person he’ll choose over the world. Yoongi is his everything. But it turned out Jimin wasn’t his.

 

 

Life have never been fair for both of them back then, but it was alright because they had each other to rely on. Money wasn’t an issue, because they can support themselves. Time wasn’t, either. Between Yoongi’s schedule as a famous rapper and Jimin’s work as a painter, there was always time for them to be together. Jimin thinks the turning point was when Yoongi’s parents found out about their relationship. It is not a secret that Jimin is gay, but Yoongi always goes the extra mile to hide his uality, partly because he wants the ultimate respect of his rapper friends and partly because Yoongi himself isn’t sure if he really is gay. Jimin never questioned this about his boyfriend. He was contented to know that Yoongi acknowledges him as more than a friend. Now, Jimin thinks he should’ve been more apprehensive.

 

 

When his parents knew, Yoongi didn’t let him come home for a week, always telling him to just wait a little longer while he fixes everything. Jimin, the idiot that he is, wholeheartedly trusted him and stayed at his parents’ place. After a week, Yoongi indeed let him live with him again. He didn’t, however, talked about what happened between him and his parents to Jimin. And the latter didn’t ask about it either since he figured that it’s none of his business for now. Silly him.

 

 

The weeks proceeding that had been beautiful. Yoogi never left his side and spent all his time with him. Jimin was beyond overjoyed. And that’s why that one cold Thursday evening two months ago, Jimin was devastated to come home on an empty apartment, void of anything that would imply that Yoongi lived with him. His clothes, shoes, pictures, even his goddamn pen he would always place on top of the small bookshelf is gone. There was no explanation. No letter to read. Nothing. Jimin’s calls were left unanswered.

 

 

Yoongi’s friends were shocked too, apparently not having any idea that the rapper would leave. When Jimin tried to contact Yoongi’s parents, he was informed that they returned to Daegu and doesn’t know where their son is either.

 

 

Jimin spent the past month just mindlessly searching for his love, breaking himself in the process. He started to focus more on his search for Yoongi than his paintings, making his parents forcefully lock him inside their home for a week, making him realize that Yoongi is already gone and he should wake up from the fantasy he fueled for himself.

 

 

Jimin didn’t want to face reality, but he pretended to be alright to make them stop trying to heal him. He didn’t want to be healed.

 

 

Fast forward to where he is now, a successful painter outside but still a broken man inside. This night was one of those where he lets himself go and face his emotions. He’s still not over him.

 

 

Jimin promptly plops himself down, completely lying down now. He closed his eyes for a moment, willing for the tears to go away, when his phone vibrated.

 

 

With a scrunched up expression because he doesn’t know who would text him in such an ungodly hour, Jimin reaches for his phone on his pocket and raised it above his face to see the message.

 

 

Why didn’t you come?”

 

 

“What?” Jimin whispers to himself, not understanding what the text meant. It was from an unknown number, and Jimin is sure he didn’t have any party to attend that night, so why would someone text him that?

 

 

He decides to dial the number. The sender answered on the fourth ring.

 

 

“Jimin.”

 

 

Jimin’s eyes bulges. He recognized the voice immediately.

 

 

“.… Yoongi?”

 

 

“.…. yes”

 

 

Before he knew it, Jimin is sobbing hard, his tears falling freely from his eyes.

 

 

“W-where were y-you?! Why d-did you l-leave me?!”

 

 

“I didn’t leave. You were the one who didn’t come for me.”

 

 

Jimin breath hitched. What is he talking about?

 

 

He gathered enough strength to stop sobbing, but he’s still crying quietly.

 

 

“How dare you put the blame on me you stupid er, you left!”

 

 

“But I waited for you! You’re the one who left me!”

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

Jimin thought hard about what Yoongi is talking about, but his mind is occupied with too many thoughts he can’t remember anything at all. Then Yoongi spoke through the phone.

 

 

“I wanted be with you, but my parents wanted me to come to Daegu with them. I realized then that I can’t live without you. They still insisted even after you came to live with me again. That’s why I figured that it’s probably the right time to build a family with you somewhere far from my family and my career, so I could protect you. And yet at the same time I didn’t want you to know I’m sacrificing everything for you because you might feel bad. I know you. You over-analyze things too much, and you always end up thinking you deserve nothing when you actually deserve everything. That’s why I planned it to be a surprise, only leaving a plane ticket on our bed as your main clue. But you didn’t come. Why?”

 

 

Jimin is still clueless, not knowing what ticket Yoongi is talking about and how he should react to all of this.

 

 

“Why didn’t you come back home then? Why didn’t you come back for me?” Jimin asks, his voice cracking because he’s being too emotional.

 

 

“I did come back, but you weren’t at the apartment. I went to your parents’ place, but they told me that you didn’t want to see me any longer. They even gave back the ticket I left for you. They said you threw it away.”

 

 

“I don’t know what ticket you’re talking about!”

 

 

“But they said you threw it away!”

 

 

Jimin sobs again, unable to contain his emotions again.

 

 

“How could I throw something I didn’t even had, you idiot.”

 

 

It took a few minutes before Yoongi responded.

 

 

“So you didn’t know about the ticket?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“Where are you?”

 

 

Jimin just cries, letting go of all the hurt he’s been keeping inside him all this time.

 

 

“ it, Jimin, say something.”

 

 

“I’m at the park in Kyungnidan. The one with--”

 

 

“I know that place. Wait for me there.”

 

 

“W-what? Why would you come--”

 

 

“Don’t leave, Jimin. Please.”

 

 

Jimin calms down a little bit and stops crying. He sits up, gently wiping his tears with his hands.

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

Yoongi ended the call then. Jimin didn’t know what to do. Should he really wait for him? Why did he come back only now? Does he still love him?

 

 

A lot of questions invaded his mind, and Jimin just looked down hopelessly. He doesn’t know what do to.

 

 

A few minutes later and Jimin suddenly felt strong arms envelope him in a tight hug from behind.

 

 

He was shocked, but his body recognized the pair of arms around him and the scent of the person hugging him right now. It was Yoongi.

 

 

“I missed you so ing much.”

 

 

Jimin didn’t react. Yoongi stiffened and let go of him. He then gently pulled Jimin’s shoulder and turned him around so they’re face to face.

 

 

Despite months of not seeing him, Jimin still knows every contour of Yoongi’s face. He is still as handsome as when he last saw him.

 

 

“Jimin?” Yoongi softly says, looking at him with tender eyes.

 

 

With that, Jimin finally drops his defenses and hugged Yoongi, burying his face on his neck and unconsciously taking in his scent that Jimin has been longing for for the past months.

 

 

“Why didn’t you come back sooner, you piece of , I was dead without you.”

 

 

Yoongi responded by hugging him tight too. “I really thought you didn’t want to see me.”

 

 

“How could I do that. I couldn’t, even if I wanted to.”

 

 

“That’s good to hear. Because I couldn’t live without you too. I tried, but I failed. And so I thought it, I’ll return to you even if you don’t want me any longer. I guess that is the best decision I have ever made.”

 

 

Jimin breaks their hug apart to look at Yoongi. “Do you still love me?”

 

 

Yoongi looks at him for a moment before suddenly kissing him softly on the lips. “I love you so much it’s almost dangerous.”

 

 

And for the first time in months, Jimin smiles with his eyes crinkling with happiness. “I love you too. Still do, and always will.”

 

 

“I’m sorry for everything. I didn’t know the truth, I swear.” Yoongi says, reaching for Jimin’s hand and holding it dearly.

 

 

“You’re here, and that’s all that matters to me now.”

 

 

Yoongi smiles and looks at him with pure love in his eyes. Jimin had the same look.

 

 

They stayed like that for a while before Yoongi turns around and walks towards the exit of the park, pulling Jimin with him.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Jimin asks.

 

 

Yoongi looks back at him and smiles sweetly.

 

 

We’re going home.”