p r o l o g u e

deep into the waters

Let me tell you about a story about a prince who fell in love.

Before we begin, have you ever heard of Daegu? No? Well, it’s a Kingdom, long gone and only ruins linger in our time.

Most people that know of Kingdom of Daegu know of the royal family that rules there.

Most people give more attention to the King, Queen, Crown Prince, and the Crown Princess.

Their names are unimportant to this tale, so I shall give you the name of the second prince, whom to which is the star of this little love story.

Min Yoongi is the name of the second son of a fair and just King and even fairer Queen.

Most people have heard of the second prince but because he is rather reclusive and has very little interest in the petty squabbles that occur rather frequently in the palace, he is very rarely seen by mundane foreigners’ that give the palace a visit.

Yoongi would have been considered the favoured child, however, as he has his father’s tongue in such a way to wiggle his way out of just about anything and convince the person or group he’s talking to that he can no wrong, that Yoongi as just and fair as his parents in the regard of many things.

Yet he can be rather foul-mouthed to the point even the most harden pirates that roam the sea would pause to process whatever he decides to spit out.

Yoongi could have been considered the favoured child, as he had his mother’s looks though much less feminine looking and manlier. He has the colour of his mother’s beautiful, strawberry blonde locks; he has his mother’s expressive, wide cobalt eyes that she gained from her own mother; he even has his mother’s small frame.

Yet his standoffish personality throws people off of his good looks, as such his personality has ruined many potential arranged marriages with various Princes and Princesses that journeyed all the way to the Kingdom of Daegu from their homeland to see if Min Yoongi was truly as beautiful as they say and hope to wrangle a marriage with him if it was.

And because of this, Yoongi is not the favoured child between the three children of the King and Queen.

 


 

“Mama?” a child asked.

The mother responded, “yes?”

“Would you love me less if I grew up like Prince Yoongi?” the child is worried.

The mother smiled, “no, I would love just as much as I do now, for you are my most beloved son.”

“Oh,” the child calmed, but then asked once more, “Mama?”

The mother responded again, “yes?”

“Prince Yoongi grew up loved, right?” the child is worried, but this time about the second prince.

The mother smiled, “shall I continue with the story and let you find out?”

“Okay, mama,” the child responded.

 


 

By the time the second prince nineteenth name day came, he had been dreaming about the ocean and all its wonders; Prince Yoongi wishes to have a grand ship that he could sail the vast waters that he dreams could wash him away from this boring, never changing life of a prince.

He got his wish for a ship and his desire to set sail came unexpectedly thanks to his father’s meddling and his growing greed.

He and another Prince had been, without their permission, into forced into an arrange marriage, and Yoongi is to set sail with a crew of his choosing and go to that country and marry the Crown Prince he had been, for all purposes, given to.

Min Yoongi can choose his own crew? That was his father’s mistake, thinking that Yoongi would just go along with what he wanted.

Yoongi is going to find the finest crew that is currently docked at their port and have them take him away from this life.

If the finest crew currently docked happens to be pirates? All the better.

 


 

“Pirates, mama?” the child gasped.

The mother nodded, “yes, pirates, son.”

“Does that mean that Prince Yoongi will become one, mama?” the child gushed, excited.

The mother smiled warmly at her smart, smart child, “why don’t we find out?”

 


 

Min Yoongi refuses to comply with a man’s greed.

Min Yoongi refuses to give up his desire to live life the way he wants to; and while he feels disgusted by his father’s decision, he cannot help but feel grateful as well.

Because his father had gotten greedy and ended up killing his second son.

Min Yoongi died, while another rose from his watery grave.

Min Yoongi died, while Agust D., a soon-to-be notorious pirate that shall eclipse over all the others, raised from the depth of the sea.