final

red cheeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

The first time he sees him is just like any other day in Marks life. It's tuesday and as usual he chills with his friends on the schoolyard showing off his skateboard tricks. He takes a little rest and lets his eyes wander over his surroundings, that's when his glance falls on a boy who's sitting on a bench a few metres away from him and reads a book. Mark would lie if he would say his heart doesn't beat a bit faster. The boy has pale skin, black tousled hair that falls in his face, dark shiny eyes, red cheeks and rose pouty lips. He's gorgeous. 

The way he's focused on his book, ostracizing everything around him makes him seem like he's lost in another world only he knows. He looks mysterious and fragile, like a rare special gem. Mark wants to go to him, talk to him, touch him, but he's scared the boy who looks like he doesn't belong here will dissapear so he has to be satisfied with just watching him from afar.

Why doesn't he look up? Mark wants to have a better view on his beautiful face. Normally Mark has everyone's attention but that boy only looks only at his book and doesn't send one little glance in Marks direction. There must be a way to get the others attention right? He prepares to do a dangerous flip, knowing everyones eyes are on him, everyones except two. Dissapointed he does his flip, it's perfect like always, and ignores the admiring cheers around him.

As Mark looks to the boy again the other has stopped reading and is in a conversation with two other boys, who are probably his friends. Mark hears the boys angel like laugh, watches as his eyes turn into little moons and he hides his smile behind one hand, watches as he stands up to leave and one of the boys hangs his arm around the boys shoulder. Mark feels a pang in his heart.

Is it destiny? Destiny that he met him? Because from that day on Mark only had eyes for him, his whole life, his thoughts, dreams and his happiness revolved around that beautiful stranger. If that day wasn't destiny, if the boy wasn't the one, then Mark was sure no one else would be.

 

The next time he sees him is again on the schoolyard. The boy is reading a book like the first time Mark saw him and he can't help but appreciate his beauty. He observes the boys face, his long whimpers and his cute nose - as one of his friends snaps him out of it. "Hey Mark, stop staring into the air like that and come over!" Mark gives the boy one last glance and then jumps on his board, driving toward his group of friends. He smiles and acts like always, makes jokes with his friends and shows off his tricks, but on the inside he feels different, his mind is occupied by two dark eyes by a certain stranger he wishes to know the name of and his heart hurts. 

 

It became a habit to watch him. Mark still comes to the schoolyard everyday like he always did but now with a different reason, he doesn't want to skate anymore, he wants to see that boy again. That boy he thinks of in his lessons, the boy who visits him in all of his dreams, the boy who occupies his mind by day and night, the boy he desperately wants to know better, the boy he wishes to be able to look at twenty four hours of the day, the boy he secretly jerks of to, the one who makes him cry himself to sleep.

It's a friday when Mark finds out the boys name. The day is sunny, the weather is warm and Mark draws pictures of rainclouds in the sand with the tip of his shoe. His eyes lay on the boy as he smiles again and like everytime he sees the other smile he feels like he's been stabbed right into the stomach a million times. Love should be beautiful right? It should make you happy and the one you love should be your sun, right?! For Mark it doesn't feel like that at all. The boy is like a dark cloud which lingers over Marks mind the whole time and everytime he gets close enough, everytime his eyes finally catch the boy again the cloud breaks out into heavy rain drops which blury Marks sight, he feels like thunder and lightening explose in his chest, his heart breaks into more and more little pieces and he is oh, so hopeless. "Jinyoung, we're late!" he hears one of the boys friends yell and Mark smiles broken, at least now his sadness ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter