Final

Roommate

Tzuyu POV

I was walking on the hallway of the dorm house, trying to calm down myself. It’s my first year in college and that means I need to move in a dorm by myself in a foreign country and it had me going crazy.

I finally reach the room number that the land lady assigned to me. “It’s okay Tzuyu. Your roommate shouldn’t be that bad right?” I said trying to convince myself. I wipe off my sweaty palms at my jeans and inhale heavily. “This is it.”

I opened the door only to meet by a girl who is only covered with a towel around her body. “Kyaaahh!  ert!” she squealed while trying to cover her body. “No! What?! I----- ahhhhh!“ my sentence was cut off by a punch on my stomach. I grasp down trying to ease the pain as I saw my roommate running towards to what I guess the bathroom is.

After an hour or so sitting and waiting for my roommate to come out of the bathroom, but to my dismay she’s still not coming out. I released a sigh. “This is not what I have in my mind.” I look at the time, it’s already dinner time. Maybe I should cook for us two because it looks like she’s not coming out anytime soon.

I smiled as I taste the food that I made. “This is not bad.” I said to myself proudly. My stomach is already growling and it’s really getting dark but my roommate is still not making any noise or something. Is she even still alive? Maybe I should go check her because it’s making me a little nervous.

I knocked at the bathroom door thrice, but she’s still not answering. “You know you can’t hide in there forever.” I said loudly for her to hear. I heard mumbles inside and it made me calm a little. “Canyoupleasegivememyclothes.” I heard her said but it’s too fast for me to understand. “What? Can you say it again?” I heard a sighed inside the bathroom. “Please give me my clothes. I forgot to bring it. It’s on the bed.” She said making me laugh but I need to muffle it as I don’t want her to get angry again. I mean she’s inside there for hours because she forgot to bring her clothes with her, seriously?

“Here it is.” I said to her but she’s still not opening the bathroom door. “You know I won’t look.” I said reassuring her as I know what she’s thinking. “And you’re covering yourself with a towel!” I said sounding a little annoyed as I’m really hungry now.  “Promise?” she said in a low tone making me nod my head even though she can’t see it.

She finally opened the door a little and I quickly give her the clothes. After a few minutes she finally came out. I was frozen as I saw her walking towards me smiling a little. She looks really good with her hair flowing and her eyes looks like its shinning. I didn’t know that she’s already in front of me until she fake a cough. “Uh—I..sorry?” I said sounding so unsure. “It’s okay. I should be the one saying sorry for punching you.” She said looking at me with concern. “Ahh I’m okay. I should’ve knocked before coming in.” She just nodded and smile again making my heart jump a little.

“I cooked dinner for both of us.” And she started arranging the table. I guess she’s already hungry too. “What ingredients did you use?” she said asking me as I was preparing the soup as it already got cold. “The ones on the fridge …. And sorry for using it without your permission.” I said as I realized I am not in my house and those are not mine. “No, no it’s okay though. And it’s not that much ingredients. We should probably go to the market.”  She said making me chocked on my own saliva. “We?” I asked a little bit not sure. “Yes we. How about tomorrow?” I just nodded as I became a little nervous. Why should I be nervous? We are just going to the market.

“Itadakimasu!” she shouts making me jump a little because of surprise. “Ita…itakida…..su? what?” Making my heart flutter as I saw giggling because of my own words. “Itadakimasu. Means let’s eat or thank you for the food in Japanese.” She said to me gently. “You’re Japanese?” A foreigner too.  “Oh that’s right. We didn’t introduce ourself to each other yet.” Making me nod as we started eating.

“I’m Minatozaki Sana from Japan. I’m just new here so my pronunciation must be a little weird.” She said with a flush face. “Actually you’re pretty good. My pronunciation is not that good though….. I’m Chou Tzuyu from Taiwan.” And I felt electricity run through my body as we shake our hands. I retracted my hand first as I felt a little weird. “I’m just going to wash our plate.” I said and quickly gather all our plates. “I’ll help you.” She said and goes beside me. “No it’s okay. I can do this. You should probably get some rest it’s getting late now.” I said but she’s just looking at me. “No. We should probably talk and get closer when you finish that.” Smiling as she start walking away from me and sits on her bed.

I finished washing our plates and she quickly called me to come over beside her. We talked about certain things about our own lives and I can say we really become closer. We didn’t realize it’s already midnight until we two just started exchanging yawns. “We should go to sleep now I guess?” she said sounding sleepy. I nodded my head and smiled at her. “Oyasumi~” She said making me scratch my head as I can’t really understand even a little bit of Japanese words. “Goodnight.” She said again while giggling. “Ohh.. àm-an~ ” I said to her. “Is that goodnight in taiwanese?” she said asking although her eyes were already closing. I nodded at her and saw her smile. After we bid our goodnights again I went to my own bed as I quickly felt sleepiness crawl upon me.

 

---

 

After a few months of being her roommate we became pretty good friends. We would go to supermarket, malls and even parks or wherever we would like when we don’t have classes or during our free time. We would also sometimes sleep cuddling when we miss our family and home. We would spend a lot of time together. Telling each other stories and our problems. We became each other walls. Protecting and leaning against each other if we ever need too.  

We both learned to improve our Koreans and studied Korean culture together. Because of that we got closer and we also got other friends from our school. I like her friends but I don’t like it when they become so close to her. When they’re hugging or kissing each others on cheeks. Somehow it made me feel odd inside like somewhat angry or something like that.

And today is no exception. I was snorting and walking fast leaving Sana behind as I was feeling angry after I saw Momo unnie kissed her. “Hey! Will you slow down?” I heard her asked that made me walked faster. I quickly reached our room and closed the door angrily.

“What is your problem!?” I heard her shout as she barged in our room.

“Like you care!”

“I care!”

“You don’t!”

“I CARE YOU IDIOT!” I was shocked when she shouted at me making me to reach my edge.

“YOU JUST CARE ABOUT MOMO!” I shouted back at her with teary eyed.

I’m trying to fight the tears that are starting to form but it’s really hard. “Tzuyu… I—what are you saying?” she said and I can see the worry look on her face but I brush it off. “Stop saying you care because you don’t. You only care about Momo. You’re hugging and kissing her as if I am not with you.” I said honestly to her as tears starts to fall down.

“You’re jealous of her aren’t you?” she said making my eyes wide.

“No.” I said and she started walking towards me slowly.

“You’re jealous of Momo.” And all I can do is back away as I became nervous.

“I—I’m not!’ I fight still backing away from her.

“Stop fighting it Chou.”

Every step she made towards me I back away until I felt a wall beside me. I’m trapped.

“You’re jealous.”

“No I’m not!” I said still fighting even though I know I’m very obvious.

Sana came closer to me. I “Why are you jealous when I’m not even yours?” she said making me hung my head low. She cupped my face and looks straight in my eyes. “Why don’t you make me yours so you can have the privilege to get jealous?” It made me gulped as her breath hit my face as she’s so close to me.

She leaned in and landed a kiss on my lips. And I gladly returned it pouring down all my feelings into the kiss. “Tzuyu~” My body got hotter as I heard her moan between our kiss. Kissing like our lives depends on it.

I grab her waist wanting her to get more close to me if that’s even possible. We continue to kiss until we need to stop so we can both catch our breath. And we pressed our forehead together.

“Aishteru.”  I said to her while panting.

“Góa ài lì.” She answered making me smile like idiot.

And we spend the night fighting for dominance.