Chapter 1

Addiction

"Another glass please?" Nari insisted. 

"You've already had four glasses ma’am!"

"DOES IT MATTER HOW MUCH I DRINK?!?"

Nari broke into tears. She had no idea how else to cope with her boyfriend, Jimin. She and her boyfriend always got into fights with each other. Every time she tried to break the relationship, her boyfriend would console her and treat her for the night.

Most nights she would end up at this bar drinking the night away. Her life was pretty much... messed up. She always came late to work. Her boss really had no other good reasons to fire her because she always finished her work. All her co-workers pity her lifestyle. She couldn't do much about it, but she lived with what she had. 

She suddenly felt something rubbing against her back. With her reflexes, she immediately turned around and tried to slap the ert.

"Yah, don't hit me!" The boy held her hand before it made any contact with his face.

"Don't touch me ert!"

"I'm not a ert. I just saw you crying so I thought I would comfort you."

He released his grip on her hand and sat on the barstool next to her. "I notice you come here a lot."

"Oh you have?" She chuckled. "I hate my life. You wouldn't want to hear about it."

"I'm pretty sure it's not that bad. How can a pretty girl like you have such a bad life?"

"Ha! I and my boyfriend fight all the time and he doesn't want to break off our relationship. I'm pretty sure he just uses me to show off to others."

"Oh. Well want me to help you get it through his thick skull?"

"Why are you trying being so nice to me," she smirked.

The boy his lips, “You can't go around drinking every night alone! There are a bunch of drunkards here! They could-"

"They could what?" She traced her finger around her empty glass. "How do I know you're not one of them?"

"You can trust me on that." He smiled his squarest smile.

"Sure. Whatever."  Nari got up and started towards the exit. She felt the same rough grasp on her wrist.

"What now," she turned back in frustration.

"How can a pretty girl like you just walk off in this darkness at this time like that? Are you crazy?"

"Yes! Yes I'm crazy! Will you let go of me now?!"

"Let me walk you home."

Nari rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine, but don't touch me."

They headed outside. It was silent. The two didn't talk much. There stood an awkward gap between them which made them both feel uncomfortable. The man yawned and stretched stealthily resting his arm on her shoulder trying to break the awkwardness. She laughed putting her arms around him in a hugging like position.

"You're too cute. What's your name?"

"Kim Taehyung."

"Mine is Baek Nari." They shook hands.

When they arrive at Nari's apartment door her boyfriend was there.

"Who's that," Taehyung whispered.

"My boyfriend...."

"Oppa! What are you doing here?"

"Yah! Who are you?" Jimin looked really pissed now.

"I'm her friend. She was drunk at the bar so I decided to walk her home. Why?"

"Don't come near my girl again!"

Taehyung shrugged and walked away.

Nari and Jimin went inside the apartment. "Nari-ah! How can you let a stranger walk you home when you were drinking? You should've just called me!"

"He's my friend!"

"Pshh friend... He could've done you harm!"

"You can't be so protective! The reason I didn't call you is because you wouldn't pick me up after our fight!"

"You make me sick! You've gone back to your stupid drinking habit!"

"You're the reason I drink idiot!"

"Why are we fighting again?"

"If you want to complain let's break up!"

"Is that what you want? To break up?!"

"I never felt you cared for me at all anyway so I don't understand why we are still doing this!"
"Honey... I'm sorry." He pulled her into his embrace.

She started crying digging her face in his chest. Jimin rubbed the back of her head as she let out all her tears.

"I'll stay here for tonight. Ok?"

He picked her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist. He gently laid her on the bed wiping the tears off with his thumbs.

"You look really pretty tonight," he said smirking. He leaned in and began kissing her all over her face. His hand crept towards the zipper of her leather skirt. He pulled the skirt to her knees and began to lift up her shirt.

"Jimin," she winced.

"Yes baby moan my name."

"No," she held his wrists, "Jimin, now is not the time. Do we have to do this?"

Jimin pulled away from rejection. "What do you mean? Don't you like this?"

Nari pulled up her skirt. "Is this all we are? Fight and you try to comfort me with ? You call this a relationship?" Jimin had no idea how to reply. He just stood there. "I'm tired of us. I suggest that you leave me alone and never come back looking for me because we're over."

"Nari-ah!"

"And don't say my name! Get out!"

Jimin leaned in for a hug. Nari pushed him off, "Don't touch me! I'm not yours anymore!"

"FINE!" He busted out the door.

Ha we really broke up! We really broke up!

She was filled with mixed feelings. She couldn't help but laugh it out.
It really happened didn't it?


Another day for work. Nari got ready taking a shower, putting her makeup, and slipping into some outfit that is typically formal. Unlikely of her she arrived to office on time. She did write her reports as she was supposed to and handed them him. After work she had nothing to look forward to. 

Usually she would head to her boyfriend's apartment, but now she was free. Completely free. Her mind decided to walk home but her body took her back to the bar. 

"What's wrong now?" The bartender pitied her. 

"I finally broke up with my boyfriend." She let out a sigh.

"Isn't that a good thing," he said pouring a glass a wine. 

"Yeah but I feel so empty I have nothing to do. I have no friends in the country to hang out with. So I just ended up back here." She looked down in disappointment. 

"Let's say you're treating yourself today, a little celebration." He pushed the glass of wine in front of her. Nari smiles and took a sip of the wine. She felt a tap on her bare shoulder. She whipped her head back to find it was Taehyung. 

"Hey," he said petting her head, "you're drinking again?"

"Nah, just treating myself. How did you know I was here?"

Taehyung hesitate before answering. "Where else will you be," he replied jokingly. "You didn't fight with your boyfriend today?" 

"No, we broke up." She gulped down the rest of the wine.

"Oh... Congratulations?"

"Haha no need.

Taehyung leaned in nearing his face against hers. "How did it end?" Nari leaned back widening her eyes. "Don't worry I'm just playing with you," he said his lips. Nari looked away flustered.

"Well, it's getting dark should I walk you home?"

"Nah I can walk by myself, thanks."

"But-"

He was cut off by the Nari's cell phone ringing.
Nari glanced down at her phone screen to find that it was Jimin who was calling. She sighed as she stared at the selfie of Jimin and her that appeared on her phone.
"So you're not gonna pick that up?"

"Hmm no."

Nari stared at the picture till the phone stopped ringing. She could sense her heart shattering in milions of pieces. Water flooded her eyes. 

"Bartender, something strong please"