Final

Single Me (out)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Single Me (out)

 

Sehun woke up but not actually. He was still in bed and scrolling through his phone. His Morning routine would be pretty ty by youtube standards but it consists of:

 

Wake up late

Scroll down the tumblr feed

Sleep

More Scrollliinnggg

Power nap

 

He felt something digging into his back and he realized with a grimace that it was his stuff toy pinku pinku. He threw it to a side before cocooning himself in blankets again, miserably seeing his feed.

 

According to the posts, today was supposed to be Valentine's Day. His brows scrunched together. He didn’t even realize so he had to check the date again because the cheesy posts marathon run for an entire week and an unfortunate person who doesn’t keep track could be easily fooled.

 

He felt a bit melancholic. These holidays held no meaning for him because he was still single. Yes, the handsome ulzzang Oh Sehun had no relationship because he was hopelessly pining on his dense but y roommate. He would have jumped the poor guy long back had he not been friends with him since their high school days.


 

And he found it hilarious how all the couple around him got extra lovey-dovey and cheesier than a Cheeseburger. The transformation was too sudden. They may be arguing the previous day but they will suddenly be giving each other the gifts and making out in the hallways to his frustration. And they will again return to how they were before February 14th.


 

So the relevance was actually lost for him. If actually love somebody, you would try to take time out for them the entire year and not just on one fine day you felt like doing it because it only happened once a year.


 

He shook his head to clear his head because his thought process was going nowhere basically.


 

He looked at the Valentine’s notification he got from LINE app.

 

 

He had the urge to throw his phone knowing what it was about but still opened it anyway.

 

 

Celebrate this Valentine's Day with your loved ones. Here is the gift from LINE app.


 

 

There was a sticker full of random pink hearts with the iconic Bunny and the Bear.


 

 

He snorted. Yeah sure, a sticker was enough to celebrate this holiday and a cheesy sticker was all he needed to solve his problems. How stupid. He could totally send this to his roommate slash best friend platonically no matter how much he wanted to take off the label and still be bros like what the hell?


 

 

Yup, Celebration of the century. With a virtual sticker. Nice. Extremely Nice.



 

And his crush hated these apps so what was the point?

 

 

 

He rolled his eyes and threw his phone unceremoniously somewhere on the bed as he stretched himself. He noticed his phone teetering dangerously close to the edge of the bed, so he had to cut his activity short and lean down to catch it but was a wasted effort.


 

 

He got an idea. To cool off his annoyance, he decided to send a message back to the support team for assuming that everyone is celebrating the holiday somehow.


 

 

 

Hunnybunches [sent 8:09 a.m.]

Thnx a lot for reminding me that I m celebrating this day alone. It's cute that you think a stupid sticker would solve all problems. Thnx again bro.

 


 

 

Now he definitely felt better as he smirked to himself. The LINE chat never replies back. But he got it off his chest. Phew, that was easy.

 

 

 

 

Oh ! It was already the time for Jongin to leave. He better hurry before his roommate leaves or he won't be able to tell him get home early. He needed to fix the dysfunctional Wi-Fi which only a genius like Jongin could or they would be stuck with unreliable internet.

 



 

Jongin was about to step out of the door when Sehun made his way to him.



 

 

"Hey Wait!."


 

 

His best friend jumped slightly, not expecting Sehun to have woken up at all. It was endearing how Jongin got scared at smallest of noises and then got embarrassed about it later.

 



 

Sehun frowned seeing his best friend leave without putting on his scarf properly. It was not a good idea on chilly February mornings.

 



 

He dedicatedly set himself to the task of doing it properly. To be honest, Jongin at knots so he took it upon himself to knot his scarf perfectly.



 

 

He was so concentrated on his task that he didn't see the way Jongin was watching him intensely. It was when he looked up, he saw the way his best friend stared at him unblinkingly, the distance between them much less than before, too less to be considered normal with Sehun's hands still perched on the thick wool around his neck.

 



 

For a second he felt as if he saw his own emotions being mirrored in those soulful eyes. But when he realized he couldn't tell whether whatever he saw was merely a reflection of his own or something that actually existed his own eyes dulled unknowingly.



 

 

"Come home, soon" The words were out of his mouth before he could even process the situation.


 

 

Their eye contact game was still going strong with neither wanting to look away. The words had platonic context in his brain until now. Seeing the current situation, it seemed like something else entirely. It felt as if they were together, like a newlywed couple but that was only his lovesick self wishing equally lovesick things.



 

 

Jongin gulped but said nothing, choosing to simply nod. This did the trick as Sehun immediately stepped away, creating distance between them, pale ears a now little red and dark eyes darting everywhere else but where they had been previously.

 



 

"Otherwise where will I get an engineer for free who will repair my Wi-Fi." He tried to amend the situation as much as possible because that had been the actual reason indeed but he won't lie and say he didn't like when the words accidentally went out of context.

 

 

 

 

"Oi ! I can't believe all that for a free engineer." Jongin dramatically put a hand on his chest trying his hardest not to sound (feel) disappointed.

 



 

"You sure wound me." He imitated an arrow piercing his chest as he gasped with (fake) pain.



 

 

"If you don't stop with those dramatics, I am going to sign you up for Theatre and you can say goodbye to your Programming Languages." Sehun threatened good-naturedly.



 

 

But sometimes Jongin  was way too much into theatrics that makes Sehun want to just kiss his plush lips and sometimes also punch him. But since he could do neither, he settled for threatening, which always worked.

 



 

Jongin straightened up and smiled at him over his scarf which in itself was hard to tell but his eye-smile always gave him away.



 

 

Sehun would be definitely lying if he didn't find the sight of his best friend huddled up in his navy blue scarf to be absolutely adorable. The idea of kissing him senseless was still swirling in his head, testing as to how far his patience could go.


 

 

He frowned internally while pouring himself a glass of water screaming at Jongin to leave because lord was testing his patience and he wasn't ready to lose the friendship yet. He wasn't yet controlled by his lovesick self which was a good sign.

 


 

 

A glass of water for his thirsty as self. It was sad to admit the lovelorn side of himself nonetheless, it was a side him, which couldn't be disowned like some kind of object. Like his annoying iPhone for example.



 

 

Probably, his prayer was heard as Jongin shuffled out quietly, shutting the door behind him making his friend sigh in relief.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

“Hey bro!” Somebody boomed behind him and he flinched. He was catching onto Jongin’s habits, getting scared of noises. Wait. Why was he thinking about Jongin out of nowhere like it was so random and not to mention scary as to how he was becoming the centre of Sehun’s universe and he didn’t give a single .

 

 

He was cut short when he felt a large hand clapping his shoulder.


 

“Aren’t you supposed to be celebrating today? Where is that mystery boyfriend of yours?” Sehun grumped because he was secretly envious of Chanyeol, who somehow managed to pursue the guy of his dreams, when will he? Sehun cried fake tears internally.


 

Chanyeol’s smile didn’t falter not even by a single watt. Sehun had to admit he was pretty persistent(annoying). No wonder he got himself a boyfriend.


 

“Ah…..That…..” Chanyeol scratched his head. “My bf doesn’t like the random burst of cheesiness on this specific day. He told me to lay it off. We are still having dinner though, that too cooked by his heavenly hands.” He had that dreamy smile on his face which got him an elbow in his stomach.



 

He groaned loudly. Well, not that anything about him wasn't. From his loud personality to his equally loud and deep voice, everything screamed for look-at-me-or-you-will-regret sort of attention. Chanyeol was a person who thrived like a parasite under all the spotlight.


 

 

"What happened to that motto of yours?.......What was it........." Sehun pretended to be thoughtful for a meanwhile as he ignored the pout on his face.

 

 

 

"Ahh..yes! Annoying persistence being the key to your success or something like that?" Sehun was actually curious this time.

 

 

 

"He threatened to brutally murder my Rilakkummas. How could I not?"

 

 

 

"So it is that plushie of yours that gets you going huh? Nice." Chanyeol could imagine the italics in the word.

 


 

"You just didn't imply that my plushie turns me on because that would so ew." He was frowning with his eyes wide and nose scrunched.

 

 

 

"Who knows? You were pretty obsessed before your boyfriend came around. You could be." Sehun nodded to himself like a scientist on the verge of groundbreaking discovery.

 

 

 

"You sleep together, You-" He was cut off by Chanyeol's hand on his mouth. He it salaciously which made him withdraw with a yelp. Sehun made sure that he never forgot the texture of his tongue in his life. Ever.



 

The devil(according to what Chanyeol calls him) then proceeded to spit in a nearby bush. There was only one  thing which he was ambitious to and swallow and that was―

 

 

 

"Enough!" His voice echoed so loud that everybody turned to stare. He had to silently agree Well, enough with thoughts about Jongin.

 


 

"That would be enough scarring me for today. And you do the same thing !" He lowered it by an octave but it hardly made a difference. They still were still being watched, which made Sehun huddle up in his jacket.

 

 

 

"Still thanks for the info." Sehun smirked evilly as Chanyeol cursed under his breath.

 

 


 

One info that he wanted to keep from the angelic evil aka Sehun, and his loud mouth had to ruin it all. Now he was sure the number of people wanting to hurt his precious bear was going to increase. Time for new hiding places. He briefly considered shipping it to his sister but then what was the point? He needed them at night.


 

 

He didn't  realize that he had left his friend behind while contemplating serious issues.


 

 

Sehun only shook his head, entering the lecture hall behind the Eiffel tower(Chanyeol). He groaned internally when he remembered that he forgot to ask the name of his mysterious boyfriend again. Oh, well he will get around to it someday.



 

 

His Economics professor wasn't going to allow any room for interaction, save for the lecture itself. He mentally noted to ask him someday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun sighed heavily trying to calm himself simultaneously. Jongin was late despite his promise and his internet was behaving as moody as his behavior. He didn't want to acknowledge the fact that he was irrationally worried. Worried as to where the hell was his roommate when it was freezing outside literally.

 

 

He must have fallen asleep because next thing he saw was Jongin meekly entering inside and the clock showing way over ten.

 

 

 

He then proceeded to sleep under the comfort of his own blankets because it was too late to do anything and he didn't want to tire his friend more than he already was for something as unimportant as internet connection. He will call the Service Provider tomorrow.

 

 

 

"Sehun-ah! Just wait for me. I'll just change and come over." Jongin's eyes sparkled at him as he proceeded to remove the same scarf that Sehun had tied for him this morning.

 

 

 

Sehun didn't want him to sacrifice his time and energy specifically for him so he didn't like the idea at all. It probably showed on his face with his eyebrows furrowed and eyes disapproving.


 

 

"It's getting late Nini, besides you must have your own stuff to do. I will call the Service Provider tomorrow." He stifled a yawn which didn't go unnoticed by Jongin who was again watching him like a hawk.

 


 

"But I promised, Sehunnie and I am gonna do it so you can go to bed I will see what I can do." The Computer Science major didn't wait for his reply, leaving to change hurriedly.


 

 

He knew it was Jongin's way of finalizing his win in arguments so he also decided to be stubborn and not go to bed. He was wide awake now. The conversation draining all traces of sleep from him.

 

 

 

He plopped himself on Jongin's unmade bed which wasn't a surprise really. All he knew was to sleep on it, not straighten it. So Sehun took the task of setting it properly so that he could sit the very least.

 

 

 

The pale-skinned boy hadn't noticed Jongin re-entering his room in the middle of his task. So obviously he missed the way his best friend stared at his rear and the exposed creamy thighs when his shorts hitched up further as he bent down more to get the placement right.

 


 

The more his shorts hitched, the more did Jongin's breath but he tried to cover it by clearing his throat and making a show of putting his towel properly.


 

 

Sehun jerked instantly and found his roommate dressed in his usual plain white T-shirt and black sweatpants. He randomly wondered if he owned anything else or he had a large collection of white tees, nonetheless Jongin in white T-shirt is just umphhh. It should be illegal and declared a crime by now.


 

 

Jongin got his laptop out to check the current status. It was disappointing. So, cracking his knuckles(which made his friend feel a tad bit guilty) he set down to work.

 

 

 

Sehun peered over his shoulder which was a mistake. A big one. He was hit with Jongin's floral scent. Yep, the guy was way too obsessed with flowers and their scents. Today it was Jasmine, Sehun noted in a folder of his brain where he stored all trash regarding his best friend. He admits it, he is a trash. But only for Kim Jongin

 

 

He tried his hardest to focus on the bright screen which was another impossible task since he understood to the level he would understand Mandarin which was probably in negative.


 

 

He could always pretend and that is what he did. He also pretended that his reason to be perched on Jongin's shoulder wasn't to be near him but to see if his Wi-Fi would ever come back in his life again unlike a cheating girlfriend, never ever there when he actually, desperately needs it.

 


 

This time he woke on Jongin's bed(internal screaming) with a duvet covering  him and his friend looking at him weirdly over his shoulder. The position might actually hurt with the way Jongin's whole body was facing the laptop and only his neck turned to look at him. It was a mesmerizing pattern of twist and turns and Sehun was lost in it.

 


 

Jongin's deep voice definitely woke him up and snapped out of a daze induced by himself. He was the creator and the destroyer. The one where everything began and at the same time it ended as well.

 


 

He cleared his throat a little awkwardly?, "The router is perfectly fine. I seriously think you will have to call the Service Provider."

 

 

 

Sehun nodded and yawned, getting the confirmation from the engineer-to-be. He decided to leave and have a reunion with his bed but a strong, tan hand stopped him.

 


 

When he faced the tanned man again, he was met with mischievous set of eyes. A look that suited him too well. He was going to suggest some equally genius yet ty idea and Sehun was just waiting patiently for it.

 


 

"How about hacking a Wi-Fi?" He seemed very thrilled with the idea but Sehun wasn't. What if somebody reported them?

 

 

 

"Nonononono Jong, we aren't gonna hack some random person's Wi-fi. That's illegal!" He screech whispered.

 


 

But Jongin wasn't listening, he was on his way to start it up.


 

 

"Chill dear, It's only Kyungsoo hyung who lives across us." The endearment had him distracted for a second but hearing his grumpy neighbor's name snapped him out even before he could start.


 

 

"Do you want us killed?" Sehun eyes were blown wide because this was too damn risky. If that man ever found out that they were sharing the bandwidth, their connection with life would surely be severed.

 

 

 

"I'm sure he would understand. He himself is a college student." Jongin sounded way too nonchalant for his liking. Well, Jongin was never the subject of man's piercing glares anyway. How would he know the pain.


 

 

"You do the suicide mission alone. I'm off to sleep." With that Sehun marched out of the room because he wanted no part in this. Jongin can happily take all the angry glares.


 

 

He just ran a cursory check on time before sleeping but frowned when he noticed the LINE notification.

 


 

What he saw after several touch-clicks made him drop his phone from shock .Well, almost. The was expensive by the way.



 

 

It was a reply from tech support,

 

 

Kim_kai [sent 7:25 p.m.]

 

I apologize for reminding you that. It's just an automated message LINE sends to everybody. I hope you aren't too offended. Happy Valentines' Day anyway.

 


 

WHAT THE !


 

 

Since when did LINE chat reply to messages? That too whiny ones like his.


 

 

He fell asleep thinking that when he woke he would have imagined it all.

 

 

 

He hadn't imagined it then. Even after waking up, the message was still their in it's Comic sans glory. And what's more his dumb roommate had indeed hacked the Wi-Fi router across them.


 

 

There was no mistaking it when his tumblr worked flawlessly. Damn. The short man surely had a good speed. Must. Resist. The. Temptation. He wanted to cry and hurl pillows endlessly to whoever showed first at his doorstep.


 

 

Nobody did. my life.


 

 

Gladly, an imaginary Do Kyungsoo whispered in his head.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

The LINE team was messing with him, he decided to send it right back. And he also wanted to sorta kinda check if this Kai guy would reply back.



 

Hunnybunches [sent 10:15 a.m.]

You cant claim to know anything if you are in a relationship. That's just pure bs. Btw I was offended. heavily i must add.

 


 

It was Saturday so he had no classes this semester. He clicked the send button and leaned back on the headboard to relax.


 

 

Screw the Valentines' post. How long were they gonna run? He needed more tea on Miranda Kerr, not some throwback post to some old photoshoot. They seemed to be mocking his lonely existence.

 

 

 

He gritted his teeth in annoyance. Today, despite being a weekend, even Jongin was busy working on his project with a software company. He was too busy this semester.



 

 

A notification from LINE. Another one from the LINE chat.


 

 

Kim_kai [sent 10: 30 a.m.]

 

I apologize again then. It isn't our company's intention to mock our consumers. All I would like to say is I definitely do understand. It gets lonely when you see only couples around. I wish you good luck for your pursuits.


 

 

 

This guy sounds single by the looks of it and not to mention bored if he was replying to consumer messages on LINE team chats. Is this really how things work? He scratched his head in confusion.



 

 

 




 

“Well damn, if I was getting guys from app teams replying to my whines. But nope. Never heard of it before.” Baekhyun, a mutual friend since high school seemed incredibly amused by the situation.



 

“Or……” Baekhyun said raising a pretty finger. “You are overthinking it. I mean they must reply if you have issues with the software. Right?”



 

Baekhyun’s fingers were nice. Kinda slender Baekhyun’s hand was totally #handgoals and perfect for those hand aesthetic posts. But they weren’t the point and he had pretty much missed it anyway.



 

And those hands were currently holding his phone. Holy . Okay they weren’t pretty anymore in his head. They were evil and ugly. He knew he was lying to himself but oh, well.



 

“So……...this guy does sound single to me. I get those vibes from him. He keeps apologizing. Awwwww”


 

“Huh?” Sehun broke out of cursing Byun Baek session.



 

“Uh...Yeah. That’s what I thought. So what do I do?”



 

Sehun should back off. Those lips forming that infamous rectangular smile alone spoke volumes about how Sehun shouldn’t get himself into this. How he should walk out of this cafe, right this instant and pretend that this never happened.



 

“Keep texting. Who knows it’s your soulmate on the other side.” He stayed like an idiotic buffoon anyway.

 

 

He friggin worked there that’s why.


 

Baekhyun then proceeded to sing, Adele’s line, ‘Hello from the other side’  just to emphasize his point.


 

Sehun just judged him with an expressionless face when he was wailing internally from all the pent up frustration.




 

 

 





 

Sehun just thanked all lords that Do kyungsoo never found out. Thankfully, he was studying Law so it was all good because he had limited ways to find out but still. And the Service Providers just repaired his shaky as and a dumb excuse for Wi-Fi.


 

He cried fake tears of relief, wiping them away, he decided to play around with this techie guy for a while.




 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 27 p.m.]

 

Since you apologized so many times. I forgive ya~




 

He sent a Brown sticker holding an okay sign. He didn’t know why he did though.



 

There was a ping on his phone as soon as he put it down. He rolled his eyes at nobody before reading the reply.




 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 27 p.m.]

 

Oh really? I m glad then. If you have any complaints regarding the app. You can always tell me. I won’t tell anyone




 

Jongin wasn’t back yet from his project back at the company. It was getting really late and it worried him.




 

Hunnybunches [sent 8:28 p.m.]

 

Sure i will.



 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 29 p.m.]

 

You know you are a first to ever complain regarding a sticker.



 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 29 p.m.]

 

You are a first to reply from LINE team.



 

Kim_kai [sent 8:30 p.m.]

 

I guess



 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 31 p.m.]

 

I am pretty sure anybody else in this whole wide world must have snapped at LINE for your annoying marketing techniques. Do you do this with everybody?



 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 33 p.m.]

 

Only people who whine cutely.



 

Sehun eyes went wide with each word. This guy was surely flirting with him. He squinted again at the name, he sounded like a guy. Well, he could always ask.



 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 34 p.m.]

 

Is this a guy I am talking to?



 

He cringed at the tactlessness.But who cares?



 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 37 p.m.]

 

Yeah. Why?




 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 38 p.m.]

 

/A shrugging sticker/

 

Just curious. Now I know what pronouns I should use.




 

The flirtatious statement earlier was forgotten.




 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 40 p.m.]

 

Well, How about the princess?



 

Hunnybunches [sent 8: 42 p.m.]

 

*gasp* I am a prince and that too handsome one at that.



 

Kim_kai [sent 8: 43 p.m.]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter