1/1

I'm Yours but Only Till I Wake Up

*******

What they have was wrong but feels so right.

It started like a blur though they would not consider it a whirlwind romance.

It wasn’t that extravagant love story, in fact it was a typical love story; a cliché one.

The same old story you’ll read on a typical romance book.

The girl’s beautiful, the guy’s handsome.

She’s outgoing, he’s kinda witty but serious most of the time...

He loves her, she was madly in love with him.

 

But tell you folks, this isn’t like the same old romance story.

They thought it was, but it’s not.

Never.

*******

 

It all started when she was forced to get inside the advertising company their family runs.

She was against it, well at first. Not until she saw probably the man every girl dreamt of.

It was never a secret to her that the man she was drooling over was above her, her boss.

You see her identity was kept down low since she needs to start from scratch.

She needs to be in the lowest rank to see the ups and downs of the business and she will be supervised by the man who stayed over time in her head.

 

She thought going out of her comfort zone will be bad, but she thought it wrong. It was good, indeed a very good one. She was in the arts and film department of their university, well despite the opposition of her mother who was the CEO of their advertising company.

 

Among the siblings, she was always the one who break the rules.

She was the one who speaks up her mind despite being the youngest and the only girl in the family.

 

It was a Wednesday when she was formally introduced to the man of her dreams, the one who supervised her over the phone and the webcam for almost three weeks then. He looked like he wasn’t the same race as she is but what she heard is he is in the same race.

Her cubicle is just a few cubicles away from the glass room of her ‘boss’ that she secretly admire.

 

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

 

Then on, she always looked at him from afar.

His height was towering so much on her eyes that everyone seemed to be blurred when that man is around.

She turned down every boy who dared to court her cause she closed her heart for the man of her dreams.

 

She does not know how it all started but the next thing she knew is that, they we’re inseparable.

She unknowingly became his assistant though on the contract she signed, she’ll be just a clerk.

Wherever he is, she’s there. They share the same time of breaks and everything.

It started like a blur though they would not consider it a whirlwind romance.

It wasn’t that extravagant love story, in fact it was a typical love story; a cliché one.

The same old story you’ll read on a typical romance book.

The girl’s beautiful, the guy’s handsome.

She’s outgoing, he’s witty but serious most of the time...

He loves her; she was madly in love with him.

 

But tell you folks, this isn’t like the same old romance story.

They thought it was, but it’s not.

Never.

 

Something was off in their relationship from the get go.

She noticed a glittering thing on his left hand.

Just a curious child that she is, she did research about him.

And you know what’s funny, even if she knew his deepest secret, she continued what they have.

 

The man of her dreams was tied.

You know, like married?!

She knew it but again, she doesn’t give a damn.

They we’re in love.

To them, that’s all that matters.

It was a secret affair though.

 

Things went on smoothly just like what they planned.

They met secretly, just like what was talked about.

Inside the corner of his office, she was the only one but when the clock ticks at five, when all employees were set to go home, she’ll stay longer until the only ones left was them.

They’ll go to the corner of the room where the CCTV won’t reach them, kissed like there’s no tomorrow, whisper words they only sensually says to each other, share one last hug before they walk out of that sinful room.

 

And like the normal husband, though cheating, he’ll go home to his so called wife again, after sharing some hot sinful hours with her; his new apple of his eyes, the one he loves more than his wife for five years; the one some will call his mistress but to him, she was the one he dearly loves.

 

Their secret love affair went on good, no one suspected them.

Even her family, they we’re careful okay?

He won’t go home smelling like her perfume and smelled like .

He will never dare do that. Then again, he was careful, they were.

 

But she craves for more.

She just doesn’t want to be tagged as somebody’s mistress.

She wants her own man but she will not let him choose between her and his wife.

She knew better. She has to go.

 

After a grueling month of secret meetings, sinful hours inside their usual hotel room, after all the bittersweet memories they made, she came with a hurtful decision.

 

Though she was undoubtly happy with what they have, she then wanted to end their secret affair.

Don’t ask her why.

She had all the reasons to stop the affair.

 

Her mom’s having the slightest idea of her having some malicious affair, mom’s knows best.

They got the deadliest intuition and most of it was right.

She needs to save her from all the madness before it all explodes and before she’ll be thrown somewhere she does not know.

Another thing, she already met her, duh! The wife!

And fellas tell you what?! The wife was fine.

She met her during their company’s Christmas ball and from what she heard, this is the first time he bring her to the company’s parties, for some odd reasons.

His wife’s pretty but then again, not as pretty as she was, kind and oh so sophisticated.

Looked like she came from a fine family.

They share the same feeling towards that tall man, they love him.

Not with the same intensity but they share the mutual feelings, LOVE.

 

And you know what she found out?

His wife, just like her needs to be protected.

His wife needs some loving.

His wife’s too kind to cheat to.

His wife mirrored her.

Then again, she’s also a woman.

 

Though happiness won’t be explained when she’s with him, that sinful hours in the cold hotel room, though she loves it when his sweet sweat drips on her body every time they dance in the tune of love, though she loves how his sweet caress run all over her body, though she loves how he left kisses and marks on every corner of her body, she feels for his wife.

 

What he often does to her should be solely for his wife.

Then again, just like his wife, she is also a woman.

She knows how it felt to be cheated.

She too had been cheated.

Not once, but many times.

Yes, she may be too beautiful too handle, some guys don’t find her enough.

She was left hanging, she was cheated.

 

She got nothing against his wife.

His wife did not do something bad to her.

She wasn’t mad.

But she feels that little angst towards her.

Don’t be silly, you know why.

That woman that was so called “his wife”, that woman owns the man she dearly loves.

 

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

            It was their first year anniversary as a secret couple.

            And though she knew that he often wished that they could celebrate more years together, though secretly; inside her, that sweet monster inside her; (that’s called conscience, peeps) often tell her to stop. That they had have enough.

This would be their first and last year anniversary together.

This sinful affair had to stop.

After this night, she’ll forget him.

She’ll try her very best to forget and take him out of her mind and system.

 

After rounds of making love, they lay flat on the fluffy bed of their usual sinful hotel room holding each other’s trembling hands; bodies pressed closed to each other; the only sound in the room was their fast heartbeat and pants.

 

This is the moment, she thought.

She started tearing up, looking blankly at the ceiling, while thinking things over, gathering her odd courage, carefully, she took off his long arms snaking on her slim waist; sit up; grab the pen and paper in her bag and started scribbling with trembling hands with her tears continuously flowing like there’s no tomorrow with his snores on the background.

 

“Honey,

 

I hope this letter could tell you how you still make my heart beat so damn fast when you pass by my cubicle each and every morning.

With your smile, your deep voice greeting me ‘good morning’.

With you and your handsome face asking if I was okay during the day.

How I wish it wasn’t like this.

I mean, you’re sitting just a few meters from me but you seemed miles away.

You and I seems so near but yet so damn far…

 

I want you, you want me.

I love you, you love me.

She loves you, she was your wife.

And I know when this affair hits her head; she won’t like “US”.

 

Honey, no matter how much we love each other, no matter how much we want each other, you two were bind by that small glittering round metal on your left hand.

You two exchanged vows; you two promised each other to love and to hold, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part.

You two promised to stay with each other until your last breath…

 

You also told me that, but honey, I know I can’t have you like that.

 

But can I ask you something though?

This might sound selfish but I wanna let you know that this questions often stays in my head every time we depart.

 

‘Do you feel the same spark you felt when my lips met yours when you were kissing her?’

‘Do you feel those butterflies floating ‘round your stomach when I say I love you to the bones when she’s saying those words to you?’

‘Do you tell her you love her the same way as you often tell me?’

‘Can I call you mine even if you’re already tied?’

 

 

Guess I don’t need you to answer.

Honey, I think I know the answers.

 

I know from the very start where to stand.

From the get go, I prepare myself for this pain.

I thought I was well prepared. But I am not.

I never were and will never be.

 

I want you by myself but you can’t.

I was your second one.

I was your mistress.

She was your number one.

She was your wife.

 

No, don’t get me wrong.

The words may sound absurd but I wasn’t mad.

I am not hurt.

I’m just broken.

I know who I am to you.

I know what I am to you.

Don’t worry too much about me.

I know, I’ll be fine…

 

No, wait!! Oh wait!

Scratch that! I won’t be fine.

I think I’ll never be.

Coz when you’re nowhere to be seen, when you were not around, when I can’t hear your voice…

I weren’t fine.

I feel so bad.

I feel so damn sad.

I am too anxious.

 

And you know what?!

When I am alone; away from you,

I think.

I think.

And think.

And think.

 

Think of things like;

‘What if we met differently?’

‘What if it was me you first met?’

‘What if I was the one who exchanged vows with you?’

‘What if it was me who has the same ring as yours?’

‘What if it was me you sleep with every night?’

‘What if it was me you called your wife?’

 

I guess it’ll be better.

I guess it’ll be nice.

I guess we’ll be happier.

I guess we wouldn’t be like this.

 

I wanna stay like this forever.

I want you till my life is over.

I do. I really do.

 

But life’s isn’t a fan of what we have.

But sadly, we have to end this coz this is for the common good of--- No! Let me rephrase that!

This is the best!

This should be the best.

I should let this stop.

I have to let things go now.

I should let you go now.

I should walk away now…

 

I should walk away when your eyes were tightly closed.

 

We have to stop this now.

This set up is hurting me.

This set up will hurt your wife too.

 

I really want you for myself.

But I know I really can’t.

Though your heart belongs to me, though I own your body, heart, mind and soul; she legally owns you.

 

I love you honey.

I really do.

And I know you love me too.

But things are not fond of us.

 

Who knows, one day we’ll end up with each other?

 

I always remember your words to me after our love making;

 

‘What’s meant to be will always find its way.’

 

I know what’s that supposed to mean.

But lemme tell you this;

 

 

‘Some people are meant for each other but not meant to be together.’

 

Guess that’s how we were.

 

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

 

You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.

 

Though we’re miles apart after this night, you’ll always have the biggest part of my heart and life.

 

Honey, if I am not here when you read it, when I weren’t in the company this Monday morning, please, don’t ever look for me.

 

I don’t wanna ruin your family more.

I’ve caused too much damage.

I’ve done too much.

I have to stop.

This craziness had to stop.

I really don’t want to end it but I have to…

 

Thank you for loving me.

Thank you for creating so many memories with me.

Thank you for being a part of me.

 

I have high hopes for us honey.

Really high.

 

You love me right?

Maybe you can grant my last wish, honey…

 

Please love your wife more.

She needs you.

Your family needs you.

She deserves better.

Do this for me, ‘kay?

 

Happy anniversary, honey.

Sorry if it wasn’t the best anniversary gift.

 

But then again, this is nothing but the best.

 

See you when I see you.

 

I love you honey.

I love you so much that letting you go is the best thing to define it.

 

Sorry and I love you.

 

--Lee Taemin

 

 

She did not bother to reread what she just wrote.

What for? She knows that if she did that, she might just have the courage to tear that into pieces.

 

Quietly, oh so quietly, she went out of the bed; grab her clothes quickly put it on and stared at her dream man lovingly; memorizing his curves.

 

And for the last time, the very last time; she hugged him; kissed him sweetly on his lips and lowly mumbled over her hoarse voice;

 

“I love you honey…”

 

Crying; carrying her red hand bag, she went out of room827; their love nest and never look back.

 

She resigned on their company, start a new life as a theater coordinator in a place far from him.

As the days passed her by, it was harder.

But she knows what she did was for the best.

 

His wife’s deserves the best.

And she needs to find and regain herself again.

Well, without him…

 

*Told you folks, this isn’t the cup of romance you were thinking of.*

 

~~FIN~~

 

 

 

sorry, i should be writting a love story since it is for 2min's anniversary
but i can't let go of this kind of plot.
please, share me your thought about it? :)
thanks.
-jhay♥