Chapter 1

Poe and Evermore**

Dongwan-hyung was being embarrassing again during the last curtain call. Otherwise, the event ended in high spirit with a glow of heartwarming ambience from the crew and the crowd likewise.

He can proudly say Poe musical was a success with the love they received from the audience, and also the love he felt in the team. The experience was a surreal one, too bad this sweet dream ended too early to his liking.

Everyone has gathered in the common room to congratulate each other for their hard work over the two crazy months and say goodbyes. Supposedly they will get dinner and beer together that night as the last toast for Poe musical but fortunately not everyone was able to make it, that included Dongwan-hyung.

In the crowded clamorous disorganized room, Hyungryul saw Dongwan moved toward him from across the room, not after patting and wishing everyone along his way to the younger guy who was watching him intently.

Dongwan shot Hyungryul his exceptionally charming big smile and wrapped the waiting taller guy in a bear hug. Hyungryul reciprocated the hug with equal warmness. Dongwan-hyung felt so small in his arms.

Aww how he will miss this hyung very much, he thought to himself.

Suddenly, he felt a soft peck on his cheek. Hyungryul was unprepared, yet he accepted the kiss with gratitude. This affectionate hyung.. he does that to everyone all the time. it’s nothing weird. Well.. he is actually weird to begin with.

With his hand still lingering behind the other man’s back, Hyungryul turned his head to give Dongwan his smile. Just then, Dongwan casually dived in a second time like it was the most natural thing to do.

 

He did not knew whose fault it was, or maybe both their timing were just off.

His eyes widened and his mind went blank when he felt the older man’s soft lips grazed ever so lightly on his for a brief second. The short kiss sent lightning to all his sensation and suddenly the world become quiet.

He could see Dongwan’s embarrassed look and the man was saying something to him but his ear failed to function. All his body and mind failed too. Then, Dongwan patted his head and leave the younger actor standing there like a statue.

Hyungryul did not sure for how long he forgot to breathe until someone slapped his back with quite a strength, startling him back to reality. It was Sangyoon-hyung.

“Hyungryul! What are you doing.. what’s wrong with your face??”

***

 

The dinner gathering was over and some of the member had left the restaurant. Some other were still clustering in small groups, drinking and talking to each other in relaxing atmosphere. His watch showed one in the morning, but it was still too early for Hyungryul’s standard, and he was not even drunk yet, not really.

Eventhough, he could not fully enjoyed his time with the other as his mind still bothered by the earlier ‘accident’.

“Hyungryul-ah, are you listening to me?” Sangyoon and other friends in the circle were looking at him. It was the fifth time they caught his mind drifting away.

“Are you okay? You are acting weird today,” Sangyoon looked at him worriedly.

“Haha I’m not weird! Sorry, I need to use the bathroom for a moment.”

He went to the back alley of the restaurant instead.  In the quiet peace he found in the dark street, he tried to organize his distraught mind.

The thing that happened earlier was an accident. He turned his head too suddenly when Dongwan was going to give him the friendly kiss again. Thank goodness that happened so quick no one actually notice the epic fail. It should be an accident.. or was it??

 

His tipsy mind was tricking him. Was Dongwan-hyung really did not mean anything by the kiss? The look that the older man gave him, he did not seemed too shocked by the incident though..

He need a definite answer, lest he would be bothered by the thought for the next two weeks.. moreover when he met that hyung again.

So, he dialled Dongwan’s number.

Dongwan-hyung did not pick up his call. He dialled again, and again he was connected to the voicemail. His decision swayed for a moment. It was in the middle of the night, of course anyone does not want to be disturbed at this time. Maybe he should just call tomorrow.

 

No. He dialled again.

“Hello?” a sleepy and irritated voice answered the phone, finally.

“Dongwan-hyung..” suddenly his voice croaked with nervousness. The much drinking earlier did not help it either.

“Hyungryul-ah, why are you calling me? It’s FREAKING 1AM.”

“Sorry hyung. I need to ask you something..”

“Are you drunk? You should ask the other to send you home. I can’t help you ah.” Dongwan yawned from the other side of the phone.

“No! Listen to me hyung. It’s..” suddenly he did not know how to say it.

“Hm?”

He struggled to find his words.

“Hello?” Dongwan prompted. Hyungryul did not expect Dongwan to actually be this patient.

“The thing that happened earlier.. what was the meaning of that?”

“What?”

 

Hyungryul knew he did not make sense. But he could not say the word.

“Yoon Hyungryul, you are drunk. Stop drinking and go home now. Do you want me to call taxi for you?” Dongwan annoyed voice cannot hide his genuine care for the younger kid. Hyungryul was touched, but he has more concern about the main issue.

“What is the meaning of that.. earlier.. in the common room.. the KISS,” with emphasis on the last word, he finally blurted out. Please tell me it was an accident.

 

His question was answered with silence from the other side.

 

Suddenly he heard noises, such that fabrics rubbing against each other. Dongwan-hyung might finally get up from behind the blanket.

“What’s that again?”

How could the man ask him to repeat his words? He did not dare to say it twice.

Hyungryul gulped, “WHY DID YOU KISS ME EARLIER IN THE COMMON ROOM??” He tried not to sound too loud.

 

Silence again. Then this time, Dongwan’s laughter exploded through the phone.

“HAHAHA you are so cute~~” he continued laughing. Hyungryul was becoming impatient with Dongwan’s merriment.

“Hyung, I’m serious.” He suddenly realized he sounded like a shy teenage girl asking her crush about his feeling. Ok, that was embarrassing.

“Hyungryul-ah~ I’m just teasing you~”

“So, the kiss is intentional?”

“Well.. yes. I was just joking.” His burden to get the answer was relieved, but why he felt his heart sank? Disappointment? This was the answer he expected along the line though. He should have known how playful Dongwan is.

“Hyung, don’t play like that. You.. shocked me.”

The line went silent. Dongwan-hyung must had sensed the pain in his voice. He is a musical actor for god sake, why he was so vulnerable in this moment? Maybe out drinking that night was a bad choice. Even the solitary darkness of the back alley did nothing to calm him but tugged at his confused heart.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Dongwan asked straightforwardly, precisely the personality of the hyung that he learned in those two precious months. What should he answer to that?

Hyungryul wanted to abruptly end the awkward phone call but Dongwan voice was faster coming from the earpiece.

“I want to tell you something,” he said in that mellow voice of him, triggering the curiosity of the miserable person who hesitantly shoved the phone to his ear again.

There was muffled racket from the other side. Then, he heard clicking of a switch and movement of wooden object against the floor.

 

“Hyungryul.”

“Hmm?”

“I’ve always noticed that embarrassed face you made every time I did or say something stupid. You know what?”

Hyungryul was nervous if Dongwan-hyung would scold him.

 

“I like that face. You are soo adorable,” said Dongwan.

Hyungryul could feel hotness crept onto his cheeks.

“You might even doing that face right now. Am I right? HAHAHA-”

The flustered man cannot handle his embarrassment anymore and he collapsed onto the ground. His face buried in his knees while Dongwan kept giggling on the phone. Stupid hyung...

 

“Hyungryul-ah,” this time Dongwan called his name in a solemn tone which got his attention. “I’m really sorry that we didn’t get to do the V app. I’ve done it with Soohyung and Sangyoon but not with you. You must resent me, right?”

He had been watching Dongwan-hyung’s V apps during the musical and was excited when the older man planned to do V apps with the Griswolds. After the other two Griswolds had done their V apps, Hyungryul thought it was finally his turn and he had waited eagerly since. However, things happened, they were busy, and the delayed plan didn’t happened. He could not even pushed Dongwan-hyung to do it because he would be seemed too craving. It was neither his nor Dongwan’s fault, though he quietly felt disappointed alone.

“I did those V apps because I wanted to share about our amazing team to the fans, then I realized that those videos would be memories of us to look back when we missed each other.”

 

“But there is none of you though. I regret it.”

Dongwan earnest words struck him. So Dongwan-hyung did not forget about him after all.

 

“So.. I thought maybe I could make our memory more special in another way for you to remember.”

What?

“For I am sure to remember that hilarious and dreadful face of yours when we kissed. HAHAHA,” Dongwan laughed again.

“HYUNG!!” Oh my god this hyung is killing me.

 

“But the thing that I said before, I mean it.. really. So, please remember this embarrassing hyung by that kiss.”

Stupid hyung.. how could I ever forget you stupid.

“If you remember me.. . .

 

I AM IMMORTAAAALLLLL!!!!” Dongwan ended his speech by singing the iconic song from the Poe musical.

I am dead with this hyung.

Dongwan was being embarrassing again but it was too funny that Hyungryul cannot help but burst into laughter. The combination of their laughter sounds like a beautiful music to his heart. The melody washed away all the sorrow he felt earlier and replaced it with peace and joy.

His heart always filled with joy whenever he was with Dongwan-hyung.

 

“Dongwan-hyung, want to meet up tomorrow? Let’s meet for a drink.” The good idea suddenly came to Hyungryul’s mind. The musical was over, but it did not mean they should separate. He wanted to make sure of it.

“Ahh sorry Hyungryul-ah.. I’m going to Bali tomorrow.”

“Eh?! Why?” Dongwan-hyung really like to disappoint me TT TT

“To see pretty girls in bikini.. Just kidding, I’m going to learn surfing. How cool is your hyung? That’s why I need to sleep now.”

Hyungryul just realized the trouble he gave Dongwan. “Oh! Sorry to disturb you.”

“It’s okay. Better than if you call me tomorrow. I wouldn’t pick up, Gomi-yah~”

His heart skipped a beat when he heard Dongwan’s voice cutely calling his nickname. He need to remind himself that he was drunk.

“Stop drinking. Make sure you go home safely,” Dongwan began to nag.

“Yeah yeah I know. Good night, Dongwan-hyung.”

“See you at the Poe concert. Good night cute Gomi-yah~” Dongwan ended the call.

 

 

 

“Yah! You said you’re going to the toilet!” a yell startled the befuddled man who was standing alone staring at his phone in the dark back alley. Sangyoon-hyung was looking at him with hands on his hip.

He approached the angry man and hugged him, throwing the other man off guard.

“Sangyoon-hyung, could you send me home? I’m drunk.”

***

 

Dongwan drank a glass of warm water while seating at the dinner table in the dim room. Talking to the adorable dongsaeng made him thirsty.

He was sure that kid was drunk and if that kid remembered tomorrow about what they had talked.. the thought itself made him chuckle.

Ahh he cannot wait to see him at the concert. Teasing him would be fun!

 

 

ps: I cannot believe I spend 3 days and 3 nights too wrote this.. bcoz i dunno how to make the ending. I almost give up (I HAVE give up so thats why the ending like this lol. hope it doesnt too bad hahaa). I really love poe musical and all the cast TT TT been missing them like crazy since hahaa. Actually ive thought of another fic first with Sangyoon, but since other have done it first so thats fine.. What do you think of this fic? Is it awkward? Hahaa.. do comment i love comment even if you scold me tq :>

Oh here is the link ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvYO5AjBMU