Coldness

Simple

words: 912


It is the beggining of winter.

The streets already blanketed in snow. The night is getting colder in the town of Seoul. It is quiet and peacefull apart from the wind that is whistling little harsly among the houses. All of the residents has gone into their warm houses, protected from the cold, and lay their heads to rest on the warm beds inside. 

And it's no different for this certain room, with yellow dimly light come from the lamp on the bedside table, an alarm clock with digital numbers blaring red, stated that it is 12.30 p.m in the night. On top of the queen-size bed in the middle of the room, lay Zhang Yixing with bundle of blankets covered his body to prevent the cold from seeping in.

Some people might enjoy the winter, the way the cold wind whipps through their hairs and sting their noses, but not him. He never be the fan of the cold, he always knows that his body is quite sensitive with cold. Of course he still loves winter like the most people, how can he not? But he only likes the snow and the quietness, just not the coldness it bring.

Yixing shifts in his bed and wraps his blankes  more snugly and tighter around him, so he can finally get some sleep. He gets a hard time falling asleep because the night is getting colder and he doesn't enjoy it in a bit. The heather doesn't really do much, maybe Yixing should get someone to get it check out or something because he is sure that thing is useless right now.

In the time like this Yixing truly hopes that certain someone is beside him right now, so he can be cocooned in their warm arms and soothing scent, and stay like that forever. It because he knows, he can't.

It last for a few minutes before an annoyed groan echoes through the quiet room. Yixing sits up in his bed and muses his hair. Maybe he should get another blanket, he thinks. He just about to gets up from the bed to fetch another blanket, when his phone from the bedside table blaring the familiar ringtone loudly.

With a blanket still wrapped around him, Yixing scoots to the edge of the bed and picks up his cellphone. He smiles fondly when he sees the caller ID and quickly sweeps the display to accepts the call. The man always knows when Yixing needs him the most.

"Joonmyun?" Yixing greets, and he can't even hide the happiness from sliping through his tongue when he whispers that name.

"Yixing?" Even just through the phone his voice still sound so melodic his ear, warming his heart and cold cheeks. "You weren't sleeping?"

"I can't sleep," Yixing relays to him, trying not to sound too whiney, but maybe is not that successfull when he can hears Joonmyun sighs from the other line, "because of the cold?"

"Yes," Yixing confirms it with a small voice, face flushes but not because of the cold. His fingers starts playing with the hem of his pajamas top. He then decides to stirs the subject, "Why are you calling so late though?"

"I just want to hear your voice," the korean male replies easily and Yixing flushes red, cheeks and heart go warm at his response. Joonmyun always tend to do that, he always do something so simple, yet he will always make Yixing giddy like the unicorn he is. "I just come back from America,"

"You did?" Yixing widens his eyes comically, "But why you didn't tell me? I could pick you up from the airport--"

"It's in the middle of the night, baby. You need sleep." Joonmyun interjects softly before Yixing can blame himself futhermore, "It's okay, besides I bring my own car too. I left it at the airport's parking, do you remember?"

"I know. I-I... just.. I want to see you," Yixing mumbles lowly, he is not sure if Joonmyun hears him or not. The chinese man bites his lips and mutters, "I miss you."

There's a pause.

Then Joonmyun's soft voice fills his ear again in a pleasant way, "Yixing..."

"Yes?"

"Open your window,"

His brows furrows together in confusion. Joonmyun cleary knows that he is kinda allegic to the cold. "Why? It's too could outside--"

"Just.. open it, will you? Please."

Eventhough he still confused, Yixing stands up from his bed and rips himself out of his warm and comfotable blanket. He walks slowly towards the window near to the balcony and moves the curtain, after that, he pulls it open. The cold winds makes him shiver involuntary.

"What are you--"

"Now look downward."

Yixing follows his boyfriend's command and looks down. His eyes widens, heart's beating at the sight of his beloved standing there, leaning on his car's cap with a phone held in his right hand, and another in his pocket.  He is still wearing his full suit, Yixing notices. He met Joonmyun's eyes that's already staring right at him. Yixing clutches his phone tightly in his ear, body slighty shaking.

When his eyes settles on that beautiful orbs, Yixing swears the time stops.

Then that heart-wearming smile that he always loved, that always takes his breaths away, appears.

"Joonmyun..."

Joonmyun makes sure to locks his gaze firmly when he mutters, "Good night and have a nice dream, my Yixing. I love you."

And suddenly, the night doesn't feel too cold anymore.