Chapter One

"He buys me coffee"

 

Ahn Jaehyo frowned as he walked out of the exam hall, trying to remember if he had forgotten anything important or answered a question wrong.

 

“HYUNG!” a loud voice called out and the music applications major felt the frown melt from his face as he caught sight of his boyfriend literally jumping up and down while waving his arms.

 

“Hey Jiho” Jaehyo greeted the younger boy with a smile and a chaste kiss on the lips, “aren't you supposed to be in class right now?”

 

Woo Jiho was two years younger than his boyfriend, a fact that their friends reminded them both of on a regular basis.

 

“We're not learning anything new” he said, falling into step with Jaehyo as the elder boy, young man really, started walking towards the café they frequented on campus, “It's just revision for exams. I can do that at home later.”

 

“You still shouldn't skip school” Jaehyo scolded as he held the door open for the high schooler.

 

“But Hyung,” Jiho grinned, “I can't go to school right now, I'm too busy being a good boyfriend and taking your mind off the exam you just sat.”

 

“Oh God don't remind me” Jaehyo groaned, sinking limply into a nearby chair at an empty table, “I'm just glad that was the last one. I don't think I could handle another right now.”

 

“Don't worry baby, I'm here now” Jiho said, patting his boyfriend's hand comfortingly.

 

Jaehyo offered a weak smile to the younger boy before turning to give their orders to the waitress who smiled and read back his order before he could actually verbalise it, “yeah, thanks Jieun” he said instead, smiling at his old friend.

 

“No problem, I'll be back in a little bit” the pretty music major smiled, waving her fingers at Jiho who nodded in return.

 

“So when do you finish school again?” Jaehyo asked his boyfriend.

 

“Embarrassed to be dating a high schooler Hyung?” Jiho teased, “I've still got a month left until the end of exams and everything,” he went on.

 

Jaehyo frowned, “you know I'm not embarrassed to be dating you Jiho. That would be incredibly hypocritical of me seeing as I'm the one who asked you out.”

 

“Hyung, I was teasing you” Jiho grinned and Jaehyo mock-pouted at him, causing the younger boy to lean over. Jiho was just about to place a gentle kiss on Jaehyo's lips when a loud voice interrupted them.

 

“YAH! WOO JIHO!!!” the voice, that of Jiho's best friend, Park Kyung, yelled from the doorway as he stormed towards them, “JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HUH?” he continued to yell, ignoring the looks he was getting, “DITCHING OUT ON ME AND LEAVING ME ALONE WITH PYO JIHOON OF ALL PEOPLE WHILE YOU RAN OFF AND PLAYED GROWN-UPS WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!”

 

“Yah! Park Kyung!” Jiho yelled back albeit not quite as loud, “I told you at lunch that I was going to ditch to hang out with Jaehyo hyung! It's not my fault you chose to make eyes at Dasom ssi rather than listen to what I was telling you!”

 

The usual patrons of the café turned away from the scene, used to the noise and drama that followed the group of friends like a big black thundercloud.

 

“Do you mind?” Jaehyo snapped at Kyung, his eyebrow twitching in annoyance, “we're on a date.”

 

It was the wrong thing to say.

 

Kyung deliberately eyeballed his best friend's boyfriend before taking a seat at their table, turning his back on said boyfriend to annoy Jiho. “I honestly do not see what you see in him” he remarked casually, purposefully talking as if Jaehyo wasn't sitting 30cm from him, “he's rude and obnoxious and spends way too much time staring in a mirror. Why are you with him again?”

 

Jiho rolled his eyes at his friend's behaviour but played along, knowing that Kyung would only get worse if he didn't, “He buys me coffee,” was his short reply.

 

Kyung thought about this for a second while Jaehyo looked offended, “fair enough” he said.

 

“Good,” Jiho said, “now if you don't mind, we really are on a date. If you want to stay and be an awkward third wheel, be my guest. But we're not going to tone down the PDA for you.” and with that he pulled his boyfriend into a rough kiss to the enjoyment of the randoms still watching the scene play out.

 

“Ewww, okay, okay. I get it, I get it. I'm leaving.” Kyung said, standing up abruptly.

 

Jiho's reply was muffled by Jaehyo's mouth as the elder man took his time re-exploring his boyfriend's mouth with his tongue.

 

Kyung shuddered and walked away, heading for the exit. Upon reaching the door however he stopped suddenly and turned to yell at Jiho, “you had better be in class tomorrow or I'm telling Jihoon you're sick so he'll insist on making you tea and kimchi jjigae!” Jiho limply waved a hand in his friend's general direction in a sign of acknowledgement as Jaehyo's hand began inching it's way up beneath his shirt and Kyung hastily exited the café.

 

“Keep it PG please guys” Jieun said as she put their coffees on the table, “otherwise you'll have to take it somewhere else I'm afraid.”

 

“S-sorry Noona,” Jiho blushed as he finally managed to pull away from Jaehyo who smirked at the waitress and winked, making her giggle.

 

The couple drank their coffee and chatted about random anecdotes from school and uni for a couple of hours until Jieun chased them out, saying that she was tired of seeing their faces. The pair rode around on the subway for a while, just enjoying each others company without anyone else to distract them.

 

They peppered one another with chaste kisses, lips barely grazing skin before pulling away again, their hands entangled all the while.

 

Then they went to a photo booth and Jiho plastered the result all over Jaehyo's phone.

 

They got ice cream and went to see a movie where they spent most of their time not watching the film, before getting Chinese for dinner and heading back to the apartment Jaehyo shared with his two best friends, Minhyuk and Taeil.

 

Jiho mumbled a greeting to the elder men on the couch as Jaehyo dragged him towards his bedroom. His only reply was from Minhyuk who told them to keep it down because he had an early shift tomorrow.

 

Jiho blushed at the implications as Jaehyo closed the door behind them.

 

Bags were dropped unceremoniously on the floor as the couple lay down on the bed, their limbs entangled with Jaehyo's head ending up on Jiho's chest, even though he was the hyung.

 

“Thank you for today” Jaehyo said, listening to his boyfriend's heartbeat.

 

Jiho smiled softly up at the ceiling, one hand coming up to thread through Jaehyo's hair, “any time Hyung,” he whispered back, “I had fun too.”

 

Jaehyo's eyes drooped, worn out from weeks with little sleep as he franticly studied and an afternoon spent running all over Seoul with Jiho. “I love you Jiho yah” he murmured, the rhythmic sound of Jiho's breathing lulling him half to sleep.

 

Jiho grinned, “I love you too Jae hyung, now go to sleep.”

 

Jaehyo's only response was to let his eyes close, a smile on his face as he allowed himself to drift off into the land of dreams.

 

-FIN-

 

Congratulations Amanda!!! No more finals!! YAY!!!

 

I hope you enjoyed the fic. It's really short though :\

 

Anyways, good work with your exams (I know you did well on them ;P) and I'm expecting updates from you soon now that you don't have to study :D

 

Love you lots~~

 

And to everyone else reading this, I hope you did well with whatever studies/exams or whatever you had recently/have coming up. I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Seasons Greetings etcetera etcetera and a Happy New Year!