Chapter I : People are poison

The Girl Who Told A Lie

The girl who told a lie

 

 Dedicated to those who fear their fears.

To those who dare to lie and not lie.

CHAPTER I : People are poison

" Holy Molly, I forgot my apple juice," the black haired teenager ran back to her old house and  opened the white fridge, showing a shelf filled with bricks of apple juice's. She took one in a hurry and patted her dog's head, forgetting that the dog always waited at the doorstep whenever she got home. She smiled and walked out of the house, but her walk was cut short when she perceived one of her classmates. At her sign, the young classmate began to walk away. With her eyebrows furrowed she called him out.


" Hey! Wait up JungWoo," He stopped walking, his fingers were playing with each other. The black haired girl with shinny eyes came in front of him. He sighed and eyed her tiredly.


" That's so unfair! You've got a pair of thin long legs while me, I have to cope with my small legs," He chuckled, even if she wasn't his type and kind of person he would talk to. She was hilarious and funny, JungWoo kept on laughing while she crossed both of her arms. She had a murderous look on, the boy grinned and chuckled even more making a dimple appear on the right side pf his smooth cheek.


" Stop laughing, it's not funny," she said while she began to laugh with him breathlessly. He stopped on his tracks and stared at her, his eyes going brown to blue. He was mesmerized by the American girl who got very comfortable with other's countries cultures. Elizabeth didn't cared about the skin tone, religion, body shape and looks but if she did it will be a hard bond between her and the countrie who welcomed her so warmly.


" Damn Elizabeth, you're so pretty but so annoying, if only," He said in a playful tone while mocking her. She smacked his arm while giving him a cheeky smile, somehow it was her charm. The fact she's so full of energy and life. Catching sometimes glances towards JungWoo, Elizabeth gripped his hand tight, he immediately looked up and was caught in her blue eyes. Somehow he wasn't able to stop staring into her deep blue orbs. He smiled lovingly.


" We are going to be late!" Her sweet voice said, he woke up from his reverie and followed her hurriedly. She looked at him confused by his strange behavior, her smaller hand tightened around his larger. 


" Eliza!" The young boy shouted, while running she laughed spontaneously.


" A small run won't hurt you pretty boy," She replied him while smirking, JungWoo blushed a deep shade of red. While running he kept on thinking about Elizabeth, perhaps she wasn't that annoying, it was just him who made up false ideas of her for himself not being hurt. Suddenly her steps quickened, she was breathless.. JungWoo was breathless too because of the aura she released, he took a bottle of water out from his backpack and handed it to the young mate. She thanked him quietly in a used Korean. He could only smile towards her and quietly he took a strand of hair behind her pierced ear and grinned sheepishly. She took a few gulps of the liquid and returned it back to JungWoo.


He eyed suspiciously the bottle and wondered if he took a gulp it will meant they will had an indirect kiss. At this idea he smiled widely, he was about to take a sip of his water when the bottle was being snatched away by a pair of small hands. He was about to shout at the person when he noticed this someone towering over him, some tattoos were on his arms and across his eye there was a tattoo of two tears being shed. His dark hair was parted in two ways, the right one was taking the most of his space. An hysteric laugh interrupted the both of them, JungWoo could recognize this laugh over millions.


" Damn it, why you," He cursed silently under his breath. Elizabeth was laughing at the both while holding her stomach. The black haired male who was once called Taemin, furrowed his eyebrows.


" What are you laughing at," She suddenly stopped laughing and made a serious face. A few chuckles were trying so hard to not come out from . When she approached him she sniffed a little, the black haired male looked at her weirdly. 


" You smell so good, better than my gummybears," He furrowed his eyebrows, his lips were parted and his jaw was clenched. Elizabeth smelled a mixture of vanilla and bacon, it was much more sweeter and good than her candies and cakes she had eaten.


" What?" Taemin snapped suddenly, he noticed that the out going girl was in fact careless. Was she doing it on purpose? Is she that fond on searching problems? It was the two questions which Taemin was asking himself about. 


" What's your name? My name is Elizabeth," She asked him while handing her hand. She chuckled at the vision of the black haired male who was somewhat trying his best to keep calm. JungWoo face palmed himself and shook his head in disaccord. Taemin had plump lips, he own a pair of dark orbs, black silky hair and a captivating gaze which was the best things he got. 

" Whatever," He shoved her hand away and dropped the bottle on the floor causing Elizabeth and JungWoo to exchange some curious glances. Taemin walked away, students began to appear in front of the school's gate. But has soon Teamin began to disappear someone shouted his name, all the girls began to fawn over him. With that Elizabeth made a disgusted noise.

Ew," JungWoo smiled, the two of them made their way in the school. The black haired male looked to where the both of them went, his gaze lingering in Elizabeth's back. Through his gaze was something else hidden behind it. 

¤¤¤

" No way, dad can't be dead! It's your damn fault! You said you were there to watch over him and see what you did, instead the alcoholic you are bumped my dad to go buy a stupid bottle of whiskey. I knew! I was so sure about it! I can't trust you, every people in this damn place is rotten,'' The girl shouted breathlessly while her alcoholic mother was in a verge of tears, she shook her head and bit her upper lip. Her fists were tightened. The silence took place but silence wasn't real. Our thoughts invaded us letting our brain go in a daydream and finally knowing the silence didn't existed, the birds began to sing. The young girl rushed past her long lost mother and took her Duffle-coat, for one last time look at her mother in disgust. 

" Elizabeth! Come back," She faintly shouted but the girl ignored her and walked straight towards her classmate's house who was near hers luckily. 

She knocked at the door, she had dull and sad gaze while her lips were cold.  JungWoo opened the door unsure if it was the neighbors' hood kids who made a prank on him like they usually do. 

" Elizabeth?" He pushed himself out of the door and let her come in, her eyes had none color, they were no more vivid and her hair was drenched in red. She stood there looking at the wall. JungWoo sighed and thanked god his parents weren't there. He took her hand and lead her to the bathroom were he let her sat down the icy floor. He put both of his hands around her two arms while he shook her. But there was no reaction from her almost has she was dead and livid. JungWoo touched her silky hair and bough his hand to his nose when he accidently touched the red shade perturbing the black one. His eyes widened and his fingers started to tremble. It was blood, Fresh blood.

" Eliza what happened? Don't tell me you killed someone, you're not the type. Elizabeth tell me something, anything, Come on!" He said while panicking, he took her to the bathtub and turned the water on. The young girl had her head in the bathtub but the rest of her body was out, she was seated on the floor. JungWoo began to wash all the blood on her hair, when he finished he wrapped her hair with a towel and began to dry it before applying some of his mother's expensive perfume. He carried her and laid her on his fresh made bed.

'' Can you keep a secret ?'' She softly asked between her sobs and cries. He titled his head and thought for a few minutes before nodding his head and giving her a approving smile. Half of him was guilty and the second half was curious. Contrary to him, Elizabeth had maybe made too much questions in her head. She had time to know which way to go but perhaps in the future, she will never understand why she had knocked at the wrong door that night. After a few minutes who followed some hourse she finally dropped the secret she was holding in her heart.

" She killed him," His eyes followed her every movement, she had her two legs crossed and this same cold gaze. The lack of life in her perturbed him. At the words he furrowed his eyebrows and passed his hand trough his silky hair, he was nervous. 

" My mother killed my dad," She said in a low voice almost too low for his taste and too quiet. For the second time she repeated it making sure it wasn't her illusions while JungWoo gasped faintly and bumped into the wall behind him, he was suddenly backing off. Shock filled his body, Elizabeth had never talked about her mother. He put his hand on her left shoulder, she flinched.

''You must be kidding, '' the young classmate said in a tern voice while she smiled bitterly.

'' If only,'' He passed his hand on his face and closed his mouth not daring to say anything at the moment. He wasn't moving around like earlier, he was shaken by the news and to complete the whole thing he was nervous. Deadly nervous, his pupils were dilated, drops of sweats were on his forehead and he began to feel hotter has the minutes went by.

'' How come ? '' He said unsure if he sould keep a conversation with her or if he should leave her in agony.

«  My mother was an alcoolhic but she stopped an year ago so we moved here with her. Each day was amazing, she was strong and non long addicted to drinks but today, ' she paused. ' I caught her with a bottle of whiskey in her hand, my dad was lying on the floor, blood was pourring out of his head and his wheelchair was on the top of the stairs. She was crying and her hands were full of blood with my dad lying on the cold floor liveless,'' She finished and jumped out of the bed, curling herself in a ball on the floor she closed her eyes.

'' Are you sure ?'' He said.

'' How come I can't be sure of what I saw ?'' He shruggred, the young girl gave him a glare.

'' Maybe from the shock you made up things,'' she shook her head and stared at him for what it seems like hours, he felt guilty. He did surprisingly and what surprised him the more was Elizabeth. Her lack of anger, she was full of seriousness. He took one of her hand in his and nodded for the fourth time in the day.

'' You can stay in the guest room, do you think about going to school tomorrow?'' She shook her head and whipped her last tears. JungWoo stood there, Elizabeth got up and he lead her to one of his spare room. In the walk he conforted her saying he would tell the whole situation to his parents and maybe they will let her stay for how much she wants to. At his blessing words she felt more relieved and strong but the wicked feeling she had didn't stopped her too much to be this peaceful.

The next morning came, her feet touching the cold floor and both of her hands supporting her weight. At 10:00hours a woman entered her room with beverages and biscuits. She introduced herself has Nana, she was a maid in the house. Elizabeth was surprised by her kindness and how she is lovely. She had blonde hair and green eyes, directly from Canada. The young girl felt even more surprised by her age. She was almost in her thirties and she had a decent makeup and features.

'' Nana ?'' Her head shot up, she smiled and listened carefully at the young heartbroken girl.

'' For the very first time ever I feel alone,'' Nana was doing JungWoo's bed while listening to Elizabeth. She smiled, a type of sad smile. The middle aged woman knew well the Wang's. First of, there was JungWoo he had orientals features, second his father who was chinese and almost in his fifties, the mother was korean and well known for her smartness while his husband followed her by being a rich business man. There was also the little sister, she was odd too odd for her age. When the maid entered her room she always got the shock, babydolls were all over her pink painted room. With her pupils dillated and popping out of their sockets she took one of the dolls in her shaking hands. It looked like her but she wasn't in this state, the head was cut off and the young aged girl painted her body with red—blood-- looking like paint.

'' I think you dear, always felt alone,'' The maid let out a sigh when the fresh breeze passed through her long high ponytail, making her black silky hair flew away. Elizabeth stood there still thinking and overanalyzing her words.

'' You're probably right afterall,'' She said sadly, knowing the truth hurted much more than illusions. What if illusions hurted more than the truth ? If what we thought for, happened ? Life will no have a sense without the effect of surprise and curiosity.

'' Do you want something to eat dear ?'' Nana softly asked Elizabeth before taking a few steps ahead. She had shut before looking curiously at the middle age woman who had both of her hands on her back. Elizabeth grinned and shook her head earning a little smile from the kind hearted woman.

'' JungWoo would have asked for raspberries,'' Elizabeth made a disgusted face at the sound of the 'R' fruit before chuckling adorably with Nana. She shurggred and went off to finish the rest of her chores. Has she left the young girl ,this one began to think about JungWoo's strange behavior. After this shock, Elizabeth felt more tranquil all thanks to Nana but somehow something was bothering her about the young boy and she promised herself to discover his darkest and deeper secrets he's holding in his heart.

The next morning came, Elizabeth awned and skrethched before taking a view from the balcony. She inhaled a deep breath of air and started to prepare her school uniform to wear after her shower. The water was flowding down her body and her black silky hair, she placed her red velvet headband and let her hair fall in cascade behind her back. She jolted in surprise when Nana barged in the room.

'' Breakfast is ready,'' She said which Elizabeth heard and replied with a gratefull smile, when she closed the door the petite girl thought about school. She decided to not talk about her father's death because she will be bullied for it. She remembered clearly Im Rose from fourth grade, the young beautiful girl had commited suicide two years after handling a tourment of bullying. Both of her parents died when she was only 7 years old, someone spread the heart breaking news which lead Rose to be harrassed and making fun of every day at school. Elizabeth snapped from her reverie and entered the dinning hall, she caught JungWoo's eyes and smiled kindly while he just answered with a little grin. A few minutes later of anxious glances, Elizabeth stood up earning JungWoo's attention.

'' I'm going first,'' He nodded and continued eating his fresh made toast. She bought her black backpack in her hands and walked to school. Her steps were not too fast and not too slow but everything changed when a black haired male was in her view. She almost ran to him wanting to smell his sweet odor. She collided with a hard back, soon she met a pair of dark eyes looking a her intensely.

'' Hey,'' She almost whispered unsure of what to say when she was in front of him. He was intimidating and tall, he had a better skin than hers but both of them were pale. She grinned nervously, the sun hitting her face. Taemin caught himself staring at her, she was a female version of him. She had black hair, piercing all up in her ears, a pale skin and tick lips. Elizabeth widened her eyes when the horrible sound of the bell woke the both. She waved her hand and ran in the school. Taemin watched her run while he ruffled his hair and touched his warm face, making his way into the building.

Students were discussing between themselves in the hallway where a amouth of lockers were placed. Elizabeth walked to her locker and noticed the awkard silence, she gazed everywhere and saw Taemin. She smiled thinking the black haired man took everyone's breath away even hers. He walked closely to her and put an arm in one of the locker before whispering.

'' Everyone's looking at you,'' He said and let Elizabeth peck out from his well sculped shoulder. A gasp got out from when she eyed all the students staring at her. Nervously she asked him why , he shook his head negatively because he didn't have any idea why. The two of them talked too soon, a boy walked pass them.

'' I'm sorry for your father, I hope your mother goes to hell,'' The male student said. Her eyes widened and she nodded her head. She already knew who had told everyone and she will make sure he knows it. Taemin looked confusely at her and patted her head in recomfort, after a few minutes he understood the student's words. He just stared at her and her fresh tears falling down her sweet cheeks. Elizabeth felt more conscient of the situation, the breeze and weather didn't match.

''I'm sorry for your loss,'' He almost said out loud beofre realizing he felt sorry for her when he shouldn't but something stopped him from doing so. She looked so broken, her eyes were empty and it natural color blue was faded. He sadly made his way back to the school's gates and with all his strenght he promised himself to forgot about today. Contrary to Elizabeth, the young American girl won't forget today nor yesterday because the fact her father died made a big impact on her life. She munched on her lower lip and gripped her bad tigher before looking for JungWoo. She noticed him talking with his friends and actually laughing but why was he laughing when he spread her secret ? Her head hurts from too much drama. There's only one thing she wanted to do right now and it was going home, drinking a cup of tea and having a relaxing bubble bath. Elizabeth knew that all the problems she didn't faced today she will face them tomorrow which make her more anxious than she was. The young girl finally took a descision and entered JungWoo's mansion, she nicely asked Nana how she was, this one answered positively. Upon all the problems she was facing she smiled at the middle aged woman who look like her grand mother whom she dearly loved and aimed. After some hours of thinking, she was interrupted by Nana.

'' JungWoo will be there in a few minutes,'' Elizabeth nodded and grinned at her, she thanked her and the kind maid went for prepare dinner. She waited for him to show up because she knew he will despite not knowing him head for feet, she was aware of some things about the young boy. A loud noise echoed through the doors following JungWoo's voice. While playing with her fingers she sat near the edge of the bed.

'' Eliza, why did you ditched class ?'' This exact voice she reconized everywhere make her wince. She shoot him a glare, he sat near her on the bet. JungWoo was ating all innocent and she hated it.

'' You spread my secret,'' He looked at her with something in his orbs she couldn't reconize and she haven't seen yet. Was it guilt ? She asked herself in her thought. His cold hand was placed on her right shoulder while her eyes looking at his eyes to his movements. He shook his head has it wasn't true, however she didn't believed him.

'' Look Eliza, it wasn't me I swear. The police must have found your father dead and spread it everywhere, don't forget he was actually a police officer before so there's more chances it got everywhere,'' She looked half convienced, she shruggred. Her first intention was to not believe him. His eyes did lie, he was a good liar, she thought. He sighed in despair and smiled gently to her. JungWoo's eyes told her differently and another story.

'' I'm no one to break promises,' The young girl hear him say quietly, she nodded unsure if she should trust him or not. At the top and end of the day we can't forget to always follow our intuitions.


 

¤¤

A/N :

Whoop Whoop brunch of sunshines !

I hope you liked this first chapter so far:) ( total : 3755 words )

What will you do if you were Elizabeth ?

Will you believe in JungWoo ?

Your feelings about him ? Good or bad ?

For the next chapter there will be a badass Taemin ( smirk ) ;) I honeslty can't imagine him being a badass I mean he has the voice of a baby bear :')

See you in the next chapter ! Stay tunned and don't forget to drop a comment and to subscribe !

Thank you sweeties