How are you real?

Are you even real?

How are you real?

Looking up at the prestigious building, Namjoon wondered if switching college had been the right choice. When Yoongi jabbered about how awesome his college was and how he needed a new roommate and how Namjoon's crappy college with the stupid teachers should burn to the ground it was hard to argue, but now, while he tried to navigate around these endless corridors, dodging people left and right, he was pretty sure it was a mistake.

That is until he finally found his room number and opened the door.

Yoongi had told him that a little extra money would be worth it, but he hadn’t expected what looked like a complete, albeit tiny, apartment. A kitchen area meshing nicely with a living room, three doors on the back wall and what he could only assume was their own private bathroom. He was in the middle of basking in his luck when the room’s occupants got his attention.

"Namjoon! My main man, right on time!" Yoongi slung his arm around Namjoon's shoulders, though with some difficulty since Namjoon was like, twice his height, and guided him into the room. "Let me introduce you to the greatest yet most annoying people in the world; Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook aaand that's Hoseok, our fellow roommate who brings girls over every night so you are gonna have to get used to that!"

Hoseok strutted over, gave Namjoon a firm handshake and eyed him appreciatingly.

"Well damn Yoon, you didn't tell me our roomie would be such a hottie!" He said accusingly, making Namjoon choke and Yoongi laugh. "Oh I am ever so sorry your highness, but I thought you were straight?"

"I am, but that does not mean I can't appreciate a hot piece off when I see it!"

Namjoon thought it was about time this conversation ended.

He learned very quickly that these people were very close (some closer than others he found out, when Taehyung and Jungkook suddenly began making out on the couch) but they didn't seem to mind his presence. They were all very loud and rude, but in a playful way, and he went to bed that night feeling like this might not have been such a big mistake after all.

When Namjoon woke up and found his living room crowded with the same people as yesterday, he concluded that their place probably would be the official hangout for the group, and when he asked the answer came immediately "you are the only ones who have a couch, duh"

 

~~~

 

Namjoon thought he had gotten at least kinda used to the weird shenanigans of his new friends when, three days into the "get settled and get to know each other" week the collage had before classes began, Taehyung exclaimed "when is mommy gonna be here?!" and Jimin answered "I don't know, wasn't he supposed to arrive today?"

"He told us all he wasn't gonna be here 'till tomorrow, don't you ever listen?" Hoseok said with exasperation.

"uuh... mommy?" Namjoon asked hesitantly, a little bit afraid of the answer. With these guys you never knew.

"Oh yeah, Seokjin. He is kind of our mother, but it's only Jimin and Taehyung who actually calls him mommy" Yoongi said, munching on a French toast.

"Your... mom? What?"

"Well you know, he cooks for us and scolds us and make sure the young ones do their homework, stuff like that"

To Namjoon this Seokjin person sounded kind of annoying.

He wasn't.

~~~

When Seokjin stepped through the door the next morning, Namjoon had just woken up and he hadn’t had his coffee yet. Later he would use these facts to explain the heavenly light that seemed to shine from this man, and the slight angel choir singing in Namjoon's ears.

"Hey you must be Yoongi's rapper friend! Namseon right?"

Namjoon just nodded, he was a bit dazed and the others found it hilarious and didn't correct Seokjin because they were jerks.

"MOMMY!!" both Taehyung and Jimin squealed and jumped at Seokjin, which brought Namjoon from his trance. He briefly wondered whether they lied when they told him that they were both 19...

"Hey guys!" Seokjin looked at them with a really motherly expression, and Namjoon understood the whole "mom" thing a little better.

~~~

This was Seokjin. And Seokjin was heaven. He had the brightest smile and the cutest windshield wiper laugh and the blondest hair and he looked so good that Namjoon wanted to cry every time he saw him. He was a little mad at the others for not preparing him for everything that was Seokjin. He accidently made a very uny squeaky noise whenever Seokjin addressed him, and he forgot to react when he called him by the wrong name and it was all very embarrassing and unmanly and Not Good.

It wasn't until Hoseok, who hadn’t been there when Seokjin arrived, came in and asked "who is Namseon?" that the mistake was cleared. Seokjin gave Namjoon a questioning look and he blushed all the way to his ears.

"Well, uuh, it seemed impolite to correct you, uuh, my name is Namjoon..." Seokjin just stared some more, then he broke into a laughing fit. Namjoon kinda relly wanted to die...

Usually Namjoon was quite confident and while a bit awkward and clumsy he didn't exactly have problems when courting someone. But Seokjin was different. Seokjin was... There were no words. Whenever Namjoon saw how sweet he was, caring for the others, helping them with their homework and cooking dinner more often than anyone, he felt like he fell a little bit more for this angel. When he heard him make a really dirty joke one night, making everyone cry of laughter at screaming that he was a he realized that Seokjin was just full of endless surprises.

~~~

Then one morning after a long movie night, after which Seokjin and Jimin slept on the couch, Namjoon had the shock of his life. He was casually eating cereal, when the bathroom door opened and he realized who had been in the shower. Seokjin was standing there in only a towel, wet har, water dripping down onto his impossibly broad shoulders and surprisingly toned chest and Namjoon was absolutely sure he was going to die. Or he was already dead and this was heaven. And then Seokjin had the nerve to smile like nothing was wrong and casually ask if Namjoon had a pair of boxers he could borrow, he forgot to bring a pair, how silly of him?

"Sure, of course, yes, all right, let me just go get some"

Namjoon had never left a room that fast, and he prayed to god that he had at least one pair of clean boxers that didn't have holes or animal print on them.

~~~

It was later that same day while he and Yoongi were in the studio working on a new beat, that he couldn't hold it in anymore. "Dude.." He said carefully, and got and uninterested "hmm" for an answer.

"I... I think I might... kinda... have a crush on uuh, on Seokjin..."

All he got on this was another "hmm"

"dude!"

"I'm sorry" Yoongi said, finally turning to face him. "I'm supposed to be surprised?" He faked a shocked expression and exclaimed “good heavens Namjoon, really?! That was not obvious at all, you are so cool!”

"… what?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes and said, very slowly, as if Namjoon was mentally deranged; "Joon, you look at him like he is the only person in the world who matters and it seems like you are about to faint every time he touches you. It is not news to anyone. Minnie and Taehyung have an ongoing discussion on when to start calling you dad"

Namjoon just stared at him for a while.

"Oh... Wait, does Seokjin know?!"

"Not sure, haven't asked" Yoongi answered, turning back to the computer.

“DUDE!”

~~~

Namjoon lay awake for a long time that night, thinking everything through, and concluding that Seokjin didn't act any different with him than with the others. He spent another hour deciding whether or not that was a good thing.

~~~

It took roughly two months before the group decided to ban Namjoon from the kitchen. They hadn't done it before because they were all pretty lazy and Namjoon didn't mind cooking, but the problem was that he wasn't that good at it. Normally the joy of not having to do anything was worth eating Namjoon's "food", but when he accidently lit the counter top on fire, Jin had to step in and ban Namjoon for life.

"For life" turned out to mean "until I deem you ready" as one evening Jin decided that Namjoon had to learn. Which meant being alone with Jin. For two hours. And not just any Jin, but Jin in an apron, which was a dangerous kind of Jin. Almost as dangerous as Jin in a dress shirt, or Jin in tight t-shirts, but not as dangerous as shirtless Jin or Jin in leather pants. Namjoon had a secret “Dangerous-Jin-o-meter” because he was cool like that.

He realized he had underestimated the danger of apron-Jin as he watched him chopping and ingredient-ing and kitchen-ing with practiced ease. He was calm and patient at he explained everything in detail and Namjoon actually understood some of it. He had no idea how he was supposed to remember it, but he kinda got it.

Everything was good and friendly and fun until Jin decided that he had moved to the next level and was fit to cut an onion on his own. Which was a bad idea.

"No no! What are you doing?!" He asked, thankfully sounding more amused than anything.

"What?" Namjoon didn't understand, he was cutting an onion, like he was supposed to?

"Okay look, you have to face the flat side downwards… No! Ugh, here let me help"

Jin turned off the stove and went to stand behind Namjoon.

And then he did something so unexpected that Namjoon almost dropped his knife.

He put his arms around Namjoon and placed his hands on top of his, steering his movements, as he demonstrated how to cut a damn onion. He didn’t seem to realize that Namjoon wasn't breathing.

"You see? It's much easier this way" Jin said as he let go of the frozen and awestruck Namjoon.

"Yeah, I get it... totally" He croaked out.

Jin stepped back and smiled at Namjoon expectantly, and Namjoon realized he was waiting for him to cut the other half. He kind of maybe messed up on purpose.

~~~

“Wow Joon! Did you really help making this?!” Hoseok exclaimed and proceeded to moan in a very-unfit-for-the-dinner-table way.

“Don’t sound so surprised! And yes, I totally did, and I definitely did lots of important and significant stuff!”

“Ok, but what did he really do Jin?” Jungkook asked, not sounding too convinced.

“Wellll, he mostly cut the vegetables, but he was really good at it!”

“Was he really though?” Jimin asked, holding up a pretty big chunk of onion with his chopsticks.

“Shut up you brat! He is still learning, and I don’t see you trying to help out in the kitchen!”

Jimin grumbled into his food and Namjoon pretended that Jin sticking up for him didn’t make his heart flutter.

~~~

”Dude, just ask him out”

Yoongi and Namjoon were in the studio again, finishing up their track for that Friday’s stage at their favorite hip hop based club. Namjoon had gotten this annoying habit of not being able to talk about anything but Seokjin and it was bumming Yoongi out and killing his vibe and creativity. And it was annoying as hell.

“What?! No I can’t! What if he says no?”

“That would and then you would get over it”

“NO! It would forever and then I would die. Also, it would make hanging out with you guys really awkward and I don’t want that, its fine the way it is”

Yoongi turned to give Namjoon a look that held a suspicious amount of pity. “Dude. Jin is the coolest and most laidback guy ever. Nothing is ever awkward with him. And what if he says yes?”

Namjoon stared at Yoongi for a while, then he narrowed his eyes at him. “Are you just saying this because you are sick of me talking about him?”

Yoongi replied with a very innocent “Maybe”

~~~

The good thing about YoonSeokJoon’s dorm was that there was always someone there. So when you were bored or didn’t know what to do with your night, you could simply go there. The bad thing about it (besides the thin walls, Namjoon still hadn’t gotten used to the sounds coming from Hoseok's room every time he would bring a girl home. Why did he get the middle room again?) was that everyone just counted on there always being entertainment, even when there wasn’t.

So when Seokjin walked in one night, all ready to turn up, and found Namjoon alone, procrastinating doing his homework, Namjoon was sure he would be very disappointed. On the contrary, he just happily plopped down on the couch besides Namjoon and asked what the others were doing.

“Uuh…” He said, intelligently, trying to remember what everyone was doing. ”Taekook is at Kookies dorm… Hoseok is out with some girl, and I’m pretty sure Yoon and Jimin is at Jimin and Tae’s dorm… Think Jimin needed Yoongi to fix something for him or whatever”

Namjoon tried calming his breath as Jin threw his head back (exposing his long, pale, beautiful neck, perfect for biting) and sighed. “So, everyone is getting laid except us? Ugh the world is unfair sometimes…”

Namjoon was pretty distracted, so it took some time before Jin’s words sank through. “Waaait… Yoongi and Jimin?!” Jin grinned at him. ”Oh yeah. And I’m pretty sure they are in love too, unlike Tae and Kookie who seems like they are just friends with a lot of benefits”

“Oh… well, what do you know”

Namjoon had a minor inner fight with himself as he tried desperately to stop his mouth from saying if you wanna get laid I could help you out wink wonk and instead he managed to say “well, wanna watch a movie or something?”

“Yeah, sure!” Seokjin said, sending Namjoon a war-ending smile and he felt like everything was right in the world.

~~~

Turned out that Namjoon had underestimated the dangers of sitting alone on a couch with Seokjin, sharing a bowl of popcorn with the lights out. This was, in fact, very dangerous indeed. He tried desperately not to notice the cute way Seokjin’s nose scrunched every time he laughed, or how he could actually feel the heat coming from his body, since they were sitting close in order to both be able to reach the popcorn bowl.

When Seokjin casually leaned his head on Namjoon’s shoulder, he almost screamed. Thankfully he didn’t.

He spend the next fifteen minutes mustering up the courage, before he finally took a deep (very deep) breath and slowly brought up his arm to totally casually wrap it around Jin’s (very broad) shoulders. He closed his eyes tightly, waiting for Jin to ask him what he was doing or push him away, but to his astonishment Jin just snuggled closer to him, bringing a hand up to rest at his chest and Namjoon desperately hoped that he didn’t feel his heart pounding like crazy.

~~~

“So… you cuddled?”

“Yes”

“And?”

“And nothing. We just cuddled and watched a movie and then he fell asleep”

Yoongi face palmed, wondering why he had to put up with such a stupid best friend, when there were so many other non-stupid best friends out there.

“Namjoon, you are a complete idiot”

“What?! Why?” Namjoon asked, pretty offended. “Because how many times have you seen Jin and I cuddled on the couch? Or Jin and Hoseok? Or Jin and anyone?”

“He cuddles with Tae and Jimin all the time…”

“Anyone who aren't his children?” Namjoon thought this over, but…

“Exactly, never, so why did he cuddle with you huh? ‘Cause he wanted you to kiss him! Why the didn’t you?!”

Namjoon thought this was a pretty hasty conclusion, but he couldn’t really think of any arguments for some reason. “I didn’t wanna get punched in the face” He mumbled. “Besides, it wasn’t the right moment”

“Then when the IS the right moment?!”

“Never?”

If Yoongi hadn’t had a very strict you-don’t-punch-a-man-who-is-unable-to-defend-himself-politic he would have given Namjoon a fist to the face. Instead he took a calming breath and said “Fine, I’ll decide then. The day after tomorrow is bonfire night, you won’t get a more “right” moment than that. Now, if you don’t tell Jin how you feel then you can bet your that I will”

“NO! What?! But that’s… No!”

Yoongi gave him a very stern look. “I’m serious Joon. I’m tired of watching your weak make a fool of yourself and I want you to be happy so either you tell him or I will”

~~~

Come Friday, and Namjoon was practically a nervous wreck as they trotted to the sports field where the school bonfire was placed. “Why do we have to go to this again?” Jungkook complained. “I can think of about a thousand things I’d rather do than sit in  a circle and sing songs all night."

“Loose the frown Kookie, there’s gonna be free food! And it’s gonna be cozy and nice and ” Hoseok said with a grin. Namjoon blocked out their bickering and tried to focus on his task at hand, like how the hell was he supposed to do this? There were people everywhere and no way was he doing it in front of the rest of the gang, but how on earth would he get Seokjin away from them. But again he had underestimated Seokjin as he came flying on his angel wings and whispered “how about we sit far away from those idiots so we won’t have to put up with their idiocy?” Namjoon could have kissed him. But he didn’t.

They managed to get a blanket some rows in front of the others and sat down, enjoying the free hotdogs and the warmth from the fire. Namjoon was contemplating running away screaming when Seokjin started talking. “The other night was really nice” he said.

Namjoon looked up and met his (beautiful, sparkling) eyes. “You think so?” he said with a nervous smile, shifting his attention back to his hotdog when Seokjin’s stare became too much. “Yeah, it was really nice with some quiet time, just you and me. We should do that more often”

“Yeah, we should” Namjoon tried not to sound too eager.

They talked about everything and nothing while finishing up their hotdogs and (on Namjoon’s part) mustering up courage.  “You guys were so cool on stage the other night! It’s so weird seeing you all confident and y with a mic in your hand” Jin said, totally casually, as if he hadn’t just made Namjoon choke on his sausage (lol)

“Really? I was y?”

“Totally! I almost went deaf from screaming girls all around me. Though I think I prefer your clumsy awkward self” Seokjin answered with a grin, admiring the flames dancing in the bonfire. Namjoon just admired Seokjin. He preferred his clumsy awkward self?

“What?”

“What?”

“You were staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” Seokjin started scrubbing at his cheek but Namjoon grabbed his wrist, stopping him. “No you, uuh”

Then he heard a voice in his head (not unlike Yoongi’s) saying “COME ON YOU BIG FAT LOSER CHIKEN!”

“It’s just… You’re just really beautiful” There. He said it. He also momentarily forgot how to breathe.

“Really? Thanks!” Seokjin beamed at him and then the words just came tumbling out, there was no stopping it; “Yes you are. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met. And funny a-and caring and sweet and… and I kinda really really like you… a lot… so… yeah…” He ended, lamely.

He couldn’t make himself look at Seokjin so he just stared at the ground, poking at the blanket, waiting, feeling like running away. It felt like a lifetime before Seokjin finally answered; “For how long?” Namjoon didn’t know what to do with this response so he just answered “Since I met you” Another long pause, then “Namjoon look at me”

He did, and he almost sighed in relief because Jin was smiling and that could never be a bad thing.

“I think you are the cutest, most handsome and adorable and passionate person I have ever met and I really really like you a lot too”

Namjoon blinked. Then he almost combusted from joy.

“REALLY?!”

“Yes” Jin answered, then he leaned in and kissed Namjoon right on his lips and Namjoon grabbed his (very broad, oh so broad) shoulders and kissed him right back and everything was magical and perfect and the fireworks in his head even managed to drown out the cheers from behind them and the yells of “Oh my god, mom and dad got married!” from Taehyung.

It could have been weeks, months, years later when Jin pulled back, leaned his forehead against Namjoon’s and asked “go for a walk with me?” He smiled and stood up, grabbing Jin’s hand and pulled him up with him, and they walked out into the night, ignoring Hoseok’s constant screaming, Yoongi’s loud “I ing told you so!”s and Jimin’s “wear a !”

~~~

”Ewww! Mom and dad stop making out, it’s gross!” Taehyung screeched and covered his eyes with his hands.

Seokjin let go of Namjoon long enough to retort “Maybe you should have thought of that before you started shoving your tongue down Kookie’s throat at every chance you got” before he returned to kissing the life out of Namjoon, who didn’t seem to mind at all. In fact he seemed completely unaware of anything except Seokjin.

“Touché” Yoongi mumbled, as Taehyung and Jimin started making vomiting noises. “Seriously, no one wants to see their parents kiss!” Jimin added. Seokjin calmly flipped them the bird without breaking mouth-contact. “Oh my god did you just flip us off?! What has gotten into you hyung?!”

“Probably Namjoon’s di– OUCH!”

Seokjin deemed slapping Hoseok upside the head worthy of breaking his kiss.

~~~

"Hey guys!" Jin yelled, as he burst into the dorm, only to find Namjoon alone on the couch, procrastinating doing his English assignment. How this boy got straight A’s would forever be a mystery to Jin. He smiled as he walked over and plopped down on his boyfriends lap, thinking that he shouldn't try to better the homework situation, as Namjoon seemed to be doing fine on his own. He got a hello kiss and pulled back smiling. "Where are the others?" he asked, as he ran his fingers through Namjoons hair. He hummed in appreciation and placed butterfly kisses on Seokjin’s neck as he answered; "hmm, let's see... Yoonmin is ing in the kids’ dorm... Taekook is ing in Kookie’s dorm... Hoseok is at the dance studio either dancing or doing that tall girl from his class..."

Seokjin grinned as he leaned down, kissing Namjoon on the nose. "So everyone is getting laid except us again? That seems a bit unfair, don't you think?"

Namjoon grinned back as he stood from the couch, taking Seokjin with him.

"Well, better do something about it then"