Past

Secret long lost friend

KIM SUNGGYU's POV

"Boys, let's go. Dongwoo. Make sure that Sungjong DOES NOT get out the dance studio and follow us while we get his birthday cake," I said as we were going to walk three blocks to the nearby bakery.

"Count on me hyung!!"Dongwoo smiled widely.

"Are you sure leaving Dongwoo in charge was a good idea?" Myungsoo asked suspiciously.

"Not really though he's the second oldest," I answered as we neared the Bakery and Coffee.

"Omg, do you see what I see?!" A voice from a distance screamed,"INFINITE!!"

"Run!" Hoya said and sprinted ahead, getting into the store before us. We all panicked because of the sudden mob that appeared behind us.

"Welcome t-" the owner's smiled faltered as he saw the mob outside,"Welcome to the Bakery and Coffee. What would you like?"

"Sorry about the mob outside,"I nervously chuckled,"Can we have a chocolate cake. And can we have this written on it?"

I gave the owner the writing we requested to be written on the cake. He smiled at it and agreed,

"Joonie! Special birthday cake order!" He called, a girl came from the kitchen and took a look at the order receipt.

"I'm on it,"she said and went back into the kitchen. But not before saying,"You do know there's a crazy mob of girls outside. Right?"

"Yeah, they'll go away soon,"The owner reassured.

His smile seemed very familiar, and so did that girl... Those eyes...

"Um. Not to be invading your private life... But where did you come from? You don't seem to be from Seoul," I asked.

The owner smiled and said,"I came from North Jeolla. My-my... Kim Sunggyu, I must say you've grown quite a bit from when you were littler. And much more handsome too.."

My eyes grew wide as a smiled appeared,"Mr. Park! It's great to see you again!"

"Ah! That's the Sunggyu I know!" Mr.Park cried in delight and hugged me. He led us to a table and had us sit down,"How has your family been? Wow. You've grown so tall! And you also have your band members here. We've been watching you since your debut. Making sure your ok."

"My family is ok, and will be delighted to hear you're in Seoul!" I smiled, but almost forgot about the others,"oh. Mr.Park. These are my band mates, Hoya, Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Myungsoo. Sungjong and Dongwoo are currently back at home. Boys, meet my neighbor from my hometown. He used to watch over me while my dad went to work and my mom was busy with the house chores. But became busy because of the new baby. Joo-eun right?"

"Ne,ne. Her name is Joo-eun. Just a year and 5 days younger than you! But to be honest, she still acts like a teenager,"Mr.Park chuckled. Everyone else including me also laughed.

"Dad! Order's ready!" The same voice said as the kitchen doors opened. Joo-eun stood there, with her headphones around her neck. AA's Because I'm Crazy playing loudly. She lightly put the box that contained the cake on the counter and returned back to the kitchen.

"She grew up beautiful didn't she? She still has the necklace you gave. Hasn't take it off since,"Mr. Park grinned and took the box in his hands, then gave it to me,"Now go on kids. Sungjong and Dongwoo will be angry if you don't return soon."

I reached for my pocket to fish out my wallet but Mr.Park beat me to it,"Don't. It's on me. Glad to see you again."

We smiled and cheered,"Thank you Mr.Park!"

"Man! He's super nice!" Woohyun smiled,"Giving this awesome cake free!"

"This is more than an awesome cake,"Hoya corrected,"This is one of the special custom made ones the baker makes. My friend says only people the baker chooses gets a special cake like this. Mostly for birthday gifts. She probably knew us!"

"Hyung. You know that thing Mr.Park was talking about, the necklace. I saw the Joonie girl with a gold necklace with a gold ring on it. Is that yours?"L asked.

"Yeah," I answered,"used to be my grandmothers.."

"Why didn't she say hi? I guess she's shy,"Sungyeol said.

"She most like can't remember me. I left North Jeolla when she was 2 1/2 years old," I answered.

"Hyung! You're back! Where've you been?" An angry Sungjong asked.

"Happy birthday Sungjong-ah!" we cheered and opened the box.

The cake was beautiful and cute. There were six cute figures in the side of the cake that represented us, excluding Sungjong. And on the top, there was Sungjong, next to the writing we requested. 'To Sungjong, from Hyungs. Happy birthday maknae! We love you! Stay pretty!'

"Awww! Thanks Hyungs!!!" Sungjong smiled and hugged us.

-------------------------------------------

Joo-eun's POV

I was just finishing my friend's birthday cake order. When all of a sudden, there's crazy girls at the glass windows of the shop and five men coming in sweating and panting.

"Sorry for the sudden chaos going on outside," I smiled to every customer and closed the blinds to block the flashes of the cameras.

"Sorry for the mob outside," One of the five men said. Woah, they're all so.....cute..... What the heck, what're you think Joonie!! You can't think that about customers! Ugh, I need to finish the order.

I returned to the kitchen but dad called me out saying something about a special. I took the receipt and looked over the order. Chocolate birthday special. Ok, one of my originals coming up!

"Ugh. These guys are too cute to draw..." I groaned as I was finishing the six figures on the bottom. Then started to draw the birthday boy on the top. Then finished the cake by writing the requested writing, a few birthday flowers and stars. And at the bottom of the cake in white, I wrote my name as a signature.

"That's the Sunggyu I know!!" a delightful cry came from dad. I put the cake in the container and came out. I told dad that the order was ready and went back into the kitchen to avoid the weird five men. Whose eyes seem to be too dazziling to land on me. I looked through the kitchen door window to see what was happening. Dad hugged the man and they seemed very comfortable with each other. Dad even has that same bright eyes he had before we left North Jeolla... After we left, we've been having trouble finacially. And his bright weren't as bright. But this man, he's made them brighter than before.....

I need to know what past him and dad have together.