i.

apologies

Changkyun falls into his bed, deflating with a sigh. They've just finished their Sukira recording earlier, and as after every event, all he wants to do is sleep away the rest of the day. Maybe compose too, after a nap, and sneak in some midnight snacks while he's at it. All he wants right now is to sleep.

Sukira was fun, as usual. Leeteuk-sunbaenim had welcomed all of them warmly, dropping any formalities as soon as their recording finished. They'd had a bout of fun games to play, Kihyun and him performed their cover live, several rounds of question-and-answers, plus the usual chitchat. He's more proud of himself today- he overcame his usual silence and talked a lot. Made everyone laugh, too. That was nice.

Aside from the fact that Hyungwon placed him last in their handsome rankings. Changkyun feels a pout coming at the memory of it, not caring that Hyungwon used skinship to apologise. He's not one to care about appearances, but boy did that stung a bit. Of course it was easy for Hyungwon to say, considering he was part of the visual line. Changkyun huffs to himself.

Curling up into a fetal position, the maknae tucks his legs in and throws the blanket over himself. There. All covered. Now no one from the evil outside will bother him in his makeshift sanctuary. Burying his head deeper into his pillow, Changkyun exhales once more and closes his eyes.


What felt like seconds passed by when the rapper felt a poke to his back. Wisps of breath ghosted over his ear, and then a low voice says, "Kyun. Changkyun-ah."

The maknae frowns. Whichever hyung it is should go away because he really needs his beauty sleep.

"Hey, maknae." A voice resembling Hyungwon's mumbled into his ear. Nimble fingers tap him repeatedly on his back. "I know you're awake."

Changkyun whines. He rolls over,  peeking over the top of his blanket. With furrowed brows, he glares at Hyungwon beneath his bangs. "What do you want, hyung."

A second passes in silence. Hyungwon stares at Changkyun, unblinking, before a sheepy smile breaks his face. "Hi. Just making sure you're okay."

Groan. What is he even talking about? "Hyung, I'm twenty-one. I'm definitely a-okay," the maknae answers, curt. Tugging the blanket over his head, he flips onto his side again and shuts his eyes.

One. Two. Three. Then tap.

"You sure? You looked pretty upset earlier," his hyung says, voice rising in uncertainty. A thin arm snakes its way over his torso. "Come on, be honest. If I made you upset, just tell me, alright?"

Changkyun's still not sure what he's talking about, but he replies anyway. Voice muffled into the sheets, he says, "Well, I'm upset now because you won't let me sleep." Facing Hyungwon, he gives him a piercing death glare.

The latter could only stare back, unsure of Changkyun's intention. His face then breaks into a laugh, affectionate chuckles falling from his lips. Reaching over, Hyungwon cards his fingers through Changkyun's hair and ruffles it. "Okay. Okay, go sleep then. Just... scoot over a little bit."

Changkyun obeys without thinking. He edges over to the wall and pulls the blankets with him, making space for his hyung. Turning over, he faces the wall and wraps himself with his blankets once more, while his hyung dips the bed with his weight.

Hyungwon lets out a breathy chuckle at the action. "I feel like you really hate me now. Come on, face me."

Changkyun whines.

"Alright, alright. Go sleep." He runs a hand through Changkyun's locks again, bringing him soft touches. He keeps quiet as he plays with their maknae's hair, humming gentle tunes to himself. Not more than a minute later, Changkyun's breaths even out.

Hyungwon sighs. "You know, you're actually one of the most handsome. I'd rank you first- okay, maybe second or third- but if I did, that meant put myself last. Gotta sacrifice someone. Sorry." He continues to play with Changkyun's hair, hand running through the smooth locks.


Of course Changkyun overhears him. Secretly, he rolls his eyes.