Chapter 1

Just You and Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin POV

I’m Park Yejin.

A person who lives in a super little standard family that I love more that anyone can ever imagine.

My father, Park Jeong Seok, who I  love and I respect has fought all by himself to give me and my brother abundance of  love after my mother left us.

My brother , Park Min jae, is a guy who is younger than me by 2 years old. He is a dependable brother and of course I love him.

 

After I graduated from college last year, I struggled a lot because I couldn’t find a job. Well, I admit that I’m not really have a brain that everybody amazed of, but I’m sure I’m not that stupid too.

After being rejected by some companies, I gave up. I decided that I’m just going to help my dad with his restaurant. But my dad has a totally different kind of method of living. He always believe that my brother,Min Jae, is the one who is going to help and inherit the reataurant.

So until one day.

“Yejin-a.”

I was cleaning the table and my brother was closing the restaurant’s door indicate that the restaurant has closed.

“Yes dad?”  I asked him.

“Here. It is a what-to-do and what-it-is about kind of documents about the company. Read it and next week you have to do the interview.”

A what-to-do and what-it-is about a company?

“Wait! Interview? What are you talking about?”

My dad, who was sitting comfortable in his chair decided to stand up and give me his smile and said, “This company,” while pointing on the documents that I was holding.

“Is a company that belong to my good friend. Min Seong Won. You do know him though. I asked him whether there is a place for you to get in to the company and he said that he can help me with that and hopefully you can pass the interview. Don’t you think it is good?”

I’m sorry what?

“You are saying that you are abusing the power of the CEO as your friend to get me inside the company?” I was disbelief.

“Don’t say abusing! It sounds horrible! I just asking a help.”

“But it is!”

“ It has been a year that you failed getting a job, so I’m just helping you to get a decent job. It won’t hurt you right?”

You don’t say

"But dad! You should let me find my own job!" I said in preety high tone.

"It has been almost a year you graduated from college yet you are still sitting at home and doing nothing!"

"Since when I just sit and home and wait for the time goes by? I help you at your restaurant!"

"You brother is going to help me in the future. Now you go and take care of your stuffs. Mr. Min is my good friend. He let you get inside his company becuse he trusted me about how I trusted you. Now go and make me proud."

“But I...”

“No but girl. I won’t accept no. Can’t you just listen to me honey?”

It was confsusing. I want to have a job. Of course I want. But getting inside a company because ‘I-knew-the-CEO’ is not something that I want. Dad was looking at me with full of hope, full of anticipation. He said the words like I never listened to him.

“Fine, I will try my best.”

Just do it Yejin-a. For the sake of your father.

“That is my daughter! Now go upstair and start to study okay? Goodnight”

 

Yejin’s bedroom

*knock knock*

“Who is there?”

I’m sitting in my desk and have been absorbing the subject of the company for hours. Yet, I got zero knowledge.

“It’s me, Min Jae. You haven’t gone to sleep?” he asked.

“Obviously not. Why?”

Min Jae is a sweet little brother. We used to fight a lot but by getting older, we do realize that we can only rely on each other.

“What do you think about the job? You will like it?” Min Jae asked while set his chair near where I’m sitting.

“Do I have another choice? He wants me to have a job. I failed looking for a job by myself. He is just playing his role as a father.” I said while closing the books and documents.

I’m sleepy and tired.

“You always listen to him. No wonder he loves you the most.”

It is not a secret than my father favors me the most. Min Jae used to hate me. Whenever he had a fight with my father, he would say that my father will be okay by only having a daughter. Which is totally stupid.

Min Jae is younger than me 5 years old. When my mother left us 12 years ago, Min Jae was only 6. I took care of Min Jae since he was a kid. How he grew up, I witnessed it all.

My dad was in pretty bad shape when my mom left us. My dad felt betrayed by my mom especially when my dad knew that my mom would get married with a rich man.

We were poor. We struggled a lot in financial terms. My mom got tired of my dad who didn’t have a decent job. She left.

The stre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter