Final

Best Friends or Something More?

Wooyoung’s POV:

Wooyoung was sitting in a practice room at the JYP building just waiting for the rest of the members to arrive for practice. It had always been a habit of his to come early for practice, after all he always put hundred percent effort when it came to work. He had just finished dancing some choreography for a concert they were preparing for in Japan. Deciding to get water from a nearby vending machine since the other members hadn’t arrived yet. He was thinking about what Hyomin might be doing right now. Something that had been happening more recently he wasn’t sure what she was to him but all he knew was that he enjoyed being close with her. Unbeknownst to Wooyoung he had been standing at the vending machine for a long time before he heard someone calling him.

“Hey Woo,” It was Nichkhun. “What are you doing? Everyone’s her for practice already,”

“Just getting some water,” He answered snapping from his thoughts.

He quickly bought a bottle of water before walking back to the practice room with Nichkhun. While they were walking he realised that Nichkhun was looking at him funny.

“What is it hyung? Something up?” Wooyoung asked.

“Nothing. Back there at the vending machine you were pretty blank. Almost like you were lost in your own world,” Wooyoung tried act like nothing was wrong. “Anything I can help you with,”

“Nothing hyung,” He answered earning a shrug from the other boy.

As they got back to the practice room all the other members were warming up. They all looked up from what they were doing as the two entered acknowledging each other.

“Where were you?” Minjun asked.

“Just getting some water,” Wooyoung raised the bottle in his hand. As he said that his phone went off indicating he received a text. Rushing over to grab his phone, he was about to pick it up when Chansung picked up himself and looked at the text message on the screen.

“Hey hyung, let’s see who the message is from shall we,” Chansung teased while shielding the phone from Wooyoung’s grasps. “Oh it’s from Hyomin-noona, why is she messaging you I wonder?”

Chansung was reading the text message as the rest of the members gathered around in curiosity all the while Wooyoung was still struggling to get his phone back. All the members were smirking and giggling reading the message and passing it around to each other.

“HEY WOO YOU GO MAN!!!” Taecyeon shouted putting Wooyoung in a headlock. “She’s asking you if you’re free to meet sometime,”

“Yah give me my phone and let go of me,” He pleaded but Taecyeon wouldn’t let go.

“Hyung what’s going on between the two of you anyhow?” Junho asked with Wooyoung’s phone his hand.

“Aish. There’s nothing going between the two of us we’re just friends alright,” Wooyoung said finally getting out of Taecyeon’s grip.

“I don’t know it’s pretty suspicious you guys are always eating out together,” Minjun said joining in the teasing. “If I didn’t know any better it would like you were dating or something”

Before he could defend himself his phone started ringing and to his embarrassment the ringtone was Hyomin’s song Sketch. He forgot he had set that as the ringtone for her contact number. The members tried to stifle their laughter as they finally gave him back his phone to answer. Looking at the caller ID it was indeed Hyomin, he accepted the call.

“Yeoboseyo~,” He said.

“Yeoboseyo Wooyoung-ah I was calling because you didn’t answer my text before,” She answered. “You know how don’t like waiting too long for an answer,”

“Sorry I didn’t have my phone with me at the time,” He said shooting a glare towards the members as they tried to act like they weren’t eavesdropping. “So what’s up?”

“I was just wondering if you were free at all to catch up. We haven’t been able to see each other in a while. I’ve missed you, you know?” She replied. The last couple of words caught him off guard and he felt his stomach tighten and heart rate increase.

He swallowed the lump that had grown in his throat before answering. “Ne~ Sure I’d like that too. Um I’m free tonight if that’s fine with you?”

“Hehe. Of course it’s fine Wooyoung-ah I invited you remember?” She giggled.

“Uh yeah. Right. Sorry,” Hearing her giggle had caused him to fluster slightly and smile to himself not realising the members were watching him the whole time.

“Anyway I have to go now, I’ll text you the details later. Bye Wooyoung-ah,” She said.

“Bye~,” He answered as she hung up.

Putting the phone down, he looked up to all the members staring at him. Just realising that they were all listening on to his conversation.

“What?  I’m telling you there’s nothing going between the two of us,” He said defending himself. The other members were looking at him clearly not believing a word.

“Not how it looked from here Woo. You looked pretty happy back there while you were talking,” Nichkhun stated. “You had a goofy smile too,”

“It’s just I’m in a good mood right now. It’s got nothing to do with the phone call,” He was trying to convince himself as much as he was the members. In his mind though he already knew the truth, he had fallen for his best friend.

“Alright we won’t bother you anymore. Let’s go practice we have a Japanese tour coming up and we’re starting with Tokyo Dome first so we have to be perfect,” Minjun said changing the subject.

Wooyoung breathed a sigh of relief as they started to run through all the choreography and song sets. It was a long practice session and all the members were tired and decided to call it a day. Wooyoung was relieved that the other members didn’t hassle him any further on the topic and decided he better get cleaned up for his date with Hyomin. He shook his head when he realised he referred to his meet up as a date. Trying to remove the thought from his brain almost everyone else had left and he was about to leave to when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned around to see it was Nichkhun he hadn’t left yet. “Hey Woo, tell me the truth there is something bothering you right?”

Wooyoung dropped his shoulders in defeat, he needed to let it off his chest and right now was probably the best opportunity. Besides out of all the rest of 2PM he knew he could trust Nichkhun to not make a big deal about a confession, he also knew Nichkhun would keep his secret if he asked him to.

“Yeah you’re right hyung,” Wooyoung took a breath.

“Take your time. It’s just the two of us right here so we’re alone,” Nichkhun said encouragingly.

“You guys were half right about something between Hyomin and me,” Wooyoung confessed. He paused for a second while Nichkhun encouraged him to continue talking. “Look I know we’re best friends and everything but after all this time I think I’ve grown feelings for her. You know something more than just friends,”

Nichkhun nodded his acknowledgement he was just trying to understand all of what Wooyoung had just said.

“I’m so confused hyung we’ve been friends so long and now I’ve found myself falling for her. And do you know the worst thing about all this? I don’t even know how she feels about me. I don’t want to ruin a friendship over something that might not be mutual,” Wooyoung poured out everything to his hyung. He felt he needed to do this no need to hide anything now. “What do I do hyung? I just don’t know what to do,”

Nichkhun looked over at the younger man and saw how lost he looked. He hated seeing s suffering especially after everything that they’ve been through especially after Jay leaving and his scandal. They had supported him back then and now it was his turn to support a fellow member.

“Look I’m not exactly sure of what to say to you right now since I’m not really an expert. I don’t really want to use Tiffany and me as an example since we’re not together anymore but we were in a similar situation to you and Hyomin now,” Nichkhun paused making sure Wooyoung was listening. “Like I said we’re not together anymore and I have many regrets about how everything turned out between us but one regret I won’t ever have is confessing and putting my heart out on the line,”

The last thing Nichkhun had said resonated with Wooyoung and affected him but he was still unsure. Nichkhun saw it written all over his face, grabbing Wooyoung and started talking sternly. “Look I can’t guarantee confessing will end the way you want it but it’s better than having regrets later on and hypothetical what ifs,”

He hoped his words would get through to Wooyoung and it looked as though it did. Wooyoung removed Nichkhun’s hands from his shoulders and quickly ran to gather his things, rushing to leave. Nichkhun smiled to himself as his plan worked.

“Hey where you going off to in such a hurry?” Nichkhun asked laughing.

“I need to get ready for something really important. Don’t want to be late you know,” He was already on his way out as he was answering. “WISH ME LUCK!!”

By the time he finished shouting he was already out of view and Nichkhun was smiling hopefully for his dongsaeng.


Hyomin’s POV:

Hanging up the phone Hyomin was smiling to herself as she clutched the phone against her chest trying to control her heartbeat. She and some of the T-ara members were just hanging around their company building since they had nothing to do for the day when she had the idea of calling Wooyoung. She really did want to catch up with him and meant what she said when she said she missed him. It had been a while since they last met up and she decided to see if he was free. Soyeon and Eunjung had both walked in when she finished her call and noticed her smiling. They plopped themselves on either side of Hyomin simultaneously nodding at each other preparing to interrogate Hyomin. Hyomin looked side to side nervously the two unnies were smiling suspiciously at her.

“So what were you smiling so happily about Hyomin?” Eunjung began.

“Don’t bother asking Eunjung. We both know the reason already,” Soyeon continued.

“I have no idea what you guys are on about,” Hyomin said trying to ignore the subject.

“Don’t try to lie to us Hyomin-ah we already know,” Eunjung said.

“Yeah and it has something to do with a certain beastly idol,” At that the two older girls simultaneously started mimicking 2PM’s heartbeat choreography. Both girls laughed at their own antics calming down when they saw that Hyomin was flushed red with embaraHyHyomin was flushed red with embarrassment.

Eunjung was the first to speak. “You really like Wooyoung don’t you?”

Hyomin eyes shot down and she nodded her head in confirmation. Soyeon started rubbing her back for comfort when Hyomin went silent. “Hey its ok you know we were just teasing you,”

“No that’s fine. I just don’t know what I am to him. I didn’t want to fall for him since we were already friends and I don’t want things to become complicated,” Hyomin sighed glumly. The two girls hugged her when she finished talking.

“Hey come on it will be ok. Maybe you need to confess to him first you know some guys are hopeless like that,” Eunjung suggested.

“WHAT? NOOOOOO!!!” Hyomin screamed.

“Ok bad idea. Do you want to tell us what happened before we walked in,” Soyeon tried to change the topic.

“Well I called him to ask him if he was free to catch up and…,” Both girls were listening intently and urging her to continue. “And he agreed so I’m having dinner with him tonight,”

Eunjung and Soyeon looked over at each other with a concerned expressions on their face. They weren’t really sure of what to do in this situation.

“I have to get ready for my dinner date. I still need to tell him the time and place,” Hyomin broke the silence. “If you have any ideas please feel free to say something,”

“Is there anywhere special you guys go to when you hangout?” Eunjung asked.

“Well there is one place but I wouldn’t really call it special. Just a small restaurant by the Han River that we always go to because it’s not too busy and we attract less attention,” Hyomin explained.

“I don’t know any other places you guys could go to do you unnie,” Soyeon shook her head. “Besides it sounds like that place is a special place for you guys even if you don’t think so,”

Hyomin shifted from her position getting up and headed to the door. She turned around before leaving the room. “I’ll see you later unnies,”

The two girls in the room shared knowing looks when Eunjung’s phone went off. She picked it up and looked at the screen.

Hey Eunjung noona, long time no see. I’m going to do something that may backfire on me but I don’t want to live a life with a huge regret and I thought you should know and your fellow members, tell them as well please. I will be confessing to Hyomin tonight when we meet up. I don’t care if you don’t agree with my actions but I will be going through with it regardless.

Eunjung finished reading the message and quickly jumped up in excitement startling Soyeon. She handed Soyeon her phone to read the message and soon both girls were jumping around. They were both thinking about how surprised Hyomin will be at their dinner date.


Wooyoung’s POV:

Wooyoung had arrived early for his dinner with Hyomin taking a seat at their favourite table. He had come to love this restaurant not just for the food but all the good times he’s shared with Hyomin here. It wasn’t the fanciest but that didn’t matter to him. He still wasn’t exactly sure how he was going to confess to Hyomin but he was going to do it one way or another. While he was sitting there waiting, he only just noticed how sweaty his palms were from nervousness and there was sweat rolling down his temples. He grabbed the napkin off the table and started to wipe the sweat off he was so focused on what he was doing that he hadn’t noticed someone standing watching him. He was interrupted by a cough, looking up he quickly recognised the figure to be Hyomin. Standing up quickly to greet her, he awkwardly gave her a hug. It lasted far longer than expected and Wooyoung hadn’t let go.

“Um Wooyoung-ah you can let go now,” Wooyoung quickly released her and smiled apologetically. He was really letting the nerves get to him.

They both took a seat and they sat in awkward silence before a waiter came around took their orders. By now the restaurant staff were used to having two high profile celebrities eating there that they didn’t bother them anymore. After taking their order in went back to silence. Wooyoung was trying to think up of a plan to confess. He never really knew how to, most of the time girls would approach him.

Hyomin was the first to break the silence. “How have you being Wooyoung-ah?”

“Oh good but busy. Japanese tour coming so we’ve been practicing a lot,” Wooyoung answered quickly.

“That’s nice. We haven’t really been busy lately as a group just solo events and projects,” Hyomin replied. “You know just general schedules,”

“Yeah,” Was his reply.

“Um Wooyoung-ah what am I to you?” Hyomin suddenly asked catching Wooyoung off guard.

“Well you are one of my closest friends. I might even say you’re my best friend,” He answered and Hyomin looked down in disappointment. Wooyoung mentally slapped himself and decided this moment was better than other moment.

He placed his hands other Hyomin’s, she looked up at him and he took a breath before talking. “Hyomin…before what I said wasn’t exactly the whole truth. You more than just a close friend to me, you’re someone I love being around who always finds a way to make me smile and laugh when I’m down. These little meet ups we have are something I always look forward to and feel terrible whenever I don’t have the time to make it they’ve become precious to me. Whenever we’re not together you don’t know how much I miss being around you and every text message makes me smile,” Hyomin was just staring at him and she was crying. He wiped a tear off her cheek as he continued talking “Look Hyomin after all this damn time you’ve become so much more to me than a friend and I don’t know how you feel about me but I can’t keep this a secret anymore. I fell for you and I’m going to leave everything on the table. I love you Hyomin and I want us to be something more,”

He was watching her as he finished talking and he saw her eyes widen with surprise. She wasn’t answering and he didn’t know what else to do so he did something even he was surprised. He leaned in closer to her face until they were only millimetres apart and he kissed her. It was just a quick one and he sat back in embarrassment, face flushed red. To say she was taken by surprise was understatement her face too had gone red and her eyes were wide open.

“I’m sorry I don’t know what I was thinking,” He quickly stood up and was about to leave before a hand held him back.

“Wooyoung-ah you didn’t let me answer you,” Wooyoung stopped what he was doing and faced her. “I was confused for so long about my feelings towards you but all this here and now has made everything clear to me. I love you too,”

Wooyoung practically did backflips in his mind and he smiled the biggest smile he was physically able to. He pulled her in for another kiss this time she responded her hands s their way to around his neck pulling them closer for a more passionate kiss. When they finally pulled away from each other they were both smiling and she quickly looked away blushing. She still had her arms around his neck and Wooyoung had an idea. He hugged her waist lifting her slightly and spinning around causing her to laugh loudly, he loved making her laugh.

“So I take that your answer is yes?” He asked cheekily.

Slapping him on the shoulder she could only reply. “Yes”

 

FIN


How was that one shot I hope you you readers enjoyed it it was my first attempt at a T-araPM fic. Please upvote if you liked and leave a comment I love reading feedback any helpful tips on improving my writing. I have a couple of other fics if you want to check them out as well and thankyou for taking the team to read this fic.