Chapter 1

My 3 Months of Life

What if you only have 3 months to live in this world?

What will you do if you only have 3 months life?

 

“You have 3 months. If you comes and have your treatment, it might prolong your life.”

“3 months?” She chuckles when heard that from her doctor.

“Finish all your undone job and come check in to hospital as soon as possible.”

“I only have 3 months to live?”

“Haru…”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“How will you spent your 3 months, doctor?”

“Haru, we never know that you might be the lucky one and will leave for more than 3 months. We never know.”

“How am I to be that lucky one since I already have this deadly disease?”

“You have to be strong. Please stay positive,okay.”

“Why? Am I not strong enough for the past 26 years of my life, doctor? I grew up strong despite without mother. I have to be strong in front of Appa. I never cry for a toys or doll since I knew Appa cannot provide me such thing. I never complaint of anything, doctor. You knew me right?”

“I knew, Haru-yah. I will do anything to help you.”

“Anything? I don’t think you can…I have been sentenced to a death. You are the one who told me so I bet you know that you cannot help me with anything. Right?”

Doctor Lee just stay quiet as he doesn’t know what else to say to comfort Haru. He just able to look at that face with pity.

 

Haru looks at the hallway. It’s such a long hallway and it will take her sometimes to get to the door. She chuckles alone.

‘But I only have 3 months…It’s such a long road that I should take.’ Mumble Haru alone. It might hear nonsense for normal people to understand her meaning.

Haru walks at the hallway while her tears drip slowly from her eyes.

When she reaches at the hospital lobby, she stops and look around. There are a lot of people. Some of them sit on the chair silently while looking at the floor. Some of them standing while leaning at the wall. Some of them are crying while been comfort by others.

‘Are they also have the same fate as me or even worse?’

‘How can I be positive?’

‘Can anyone here please teach me how to smile even though death will come and get me in 3 months?’

‘Am I asking you so much?’

‘What should I be asking then?’

Haru’s tears falls nonstop. Her chest feels heavy. Her hands are shaking. She runs outside the hospital before she shout out loud of her lung. She needs to release everything so that she can breathe like normal.

Haru ignores all the eyes that looking at her. She doesn’t care what others thinking of her. People must see her as crazy or insane.

‘Would they know how I feel right now?’

‘Please anyone…I’m begging…please help me. I want to live.’