Lonely Nights. { One }

Bliss. { One Shot Compilation }

Everyone had always thought that Byulyi had it all. Supportive parents, a loving brother, a bubbly bestfriend and money. Yes they were one of the manly people that was labeled as 'rich' by the crowd. Yet, Byul wasn't. She can't seem to feel what was missing in her life. She kept pushing it to herself that she was happy. That she needed to be happy. That she is happy. But she can't help but cry when night comes, when she can't identify what was missing. She was confused, paranoid perhaps that she may not be able to find this 'something'. 

 

"Maybe you should find yourself a girlfriend. Its been ages since you had one."

 

Her bestfriend's voice echoed through her mind. Sure, it was 2 years ago when she had a serious girlfriend, but she doesn't think that will solve anything. Besides, she wasn't happy at the relationship after all. She isn't that desperate for love either since she is showered of it by her parents and brother. But, it'll be nice to hold someone hand and go on dates and such. Romantically speaking.

 

"Yah, ugly face." 

 

Byul felt a nudge on her arm and saw her brother, Minseok, carrying a box of stuffs that she assumes is his, looking at her with a weird expression on his face. 

 

"You're spacing out again, Help with the boxes."

 

The command came rather soft as she felt her brother ruffle her hair as he passed by her. Byul immediately heads on the van and grab one of her boxes. Sure they were rich, but their parents still instilled to their minds that just because they have money doesn't mean they'll do any work. Which is fine for Byulyi, since she liked working a lot. Mostly on papers and stuff but carrying a box wouldn't hurt.

 

xxx

 

Byulyi slomped on her bed as another night creeps outside, she hasn't finished writing her story and she was surely annoyed by it. Most of the time she can finish one story in one week but this time her mind suddenly stops functioning and her fingers seem to froze everytime she opens her laptop to work. Its been two weeks since they moved to a new house, and adapting to the surroundings weren't hard as she experienced last time, The neighborhood was nice and they welcomed Byulyi's family wholeheartedly. She was used to this life, ever since they were little, his father was always changing places for work purposes, resulting for them to move also. The longest time they stayed at a place was one and a half year, that's where she met her bestfriend, Yongsun, the over energetic girl who can't seem to stay at one place. 

 

They didn't clicked at first because, Byulyi was quiet and Yongsun was loud, Byulyi likes to keep it lowkey while Yongsun does everything highkey. But as they got to know each other, they can't be apart anymore. Byulyi had become more comfortable and rather greasy, an attitude she keeps to herself for fear that she may scare girls away, while Yongsun stayed the same, but more concern with Byulyi. 

 

The sound from her cellphone distracted Byulyi's thoughts, she rummages through the pile of papers and smiles as she opens Yongsun's message.

 

"BYULYI!!! Goodluck on your first day of school tomorrow. You'll do great just lower your greasiness keke~ I started school one week earlier and things are fine over here, no need to worry. I've found a new friend! (handsome keke) His name is Eric and he is new. Don't worry you'll always be number one in my heart! Byulyi fighting!."

 

Byulyi had to laugh at Yongsun's cheerful (as always) text message. She felt happy that Yongsun found a new friend since she was feeling guilty leaving her all alone but rather cautious since its a guy. But she knows Yongsun can handle herself well... most of the times. Her smile faded quickly as she remembers school tomorrow.

 

Byulyi was an incoming junior in Seoul University, major in Music and Arts. She was very eager to continue her study eventhough it's hard because of moving places but she still insisted on getting the same major. She stared at the uniform neatly ironed by her mother, hanging on her drawer and sighs to herself. 

 

xxx

 

Everything at school came smoothly and Byulyi was glad about it. People were staring at her new face when she got inside her first class and she swears she saw someone blushing at the corner when she was introducing herself. She was really nervous when she did the introduction but immediately smiled when her co-majors welcomed her happily. She took a seat at the back, it was always her favorite seat everywhere. Back. Where everyone wouldn't see her. She was listening intently to the professor that she didn't recognize a cheeky girl eyeing her every second.

 

It was the second day, lunch time when Byulyi finally saw her beauty. She was sitted on a corner of the cafeteria, eating her lunch slowly and quietly as she observe every student inside. Byulyi had always loved observing, she finds fulfillness when she does it. A laughter echoed through the place and it surely got Byulyi's attention. She blink twice, making sure everything is real, as she sees a girl, a long haired one, smiling cheekily with her friend, a short haired one and looking rather sassy. The long haired girl tried suppressing her laughter with her hands but failed to do so, which made Byulyi smiled at the scene. 

 

She had to wipe her eyes with her hand as she sees that the pair was walking directly to her seat, she looks around, looking around to see if anyone had their hands raised, or maybe something to indicate that the two girls wouldn't be sitting with her. But gave up when she heard a 'hello' coming from one of the girls.

 

She blinks as she turn around and saw the short haired girl smiling from ear to ear and notices that the long hair one was rather...nervous? As seen on the redness on her cheeks. 

 

"Hi! I'm Hyejin, some people call me Hwasa, this is Wheein."

 

The short haired girl named Hwasa was the one to talk since Wheein seems to be caught off guard, Byulyi smiled and stands up, waving at the two girl infron of her.

 

"My name is.." "Byulyi"

 

Wheein was the one to answer for Byul and both girls were suprised. Wheein mentally slapped herself and Hwasa laughs at her friend's state.

 

"I-I'm in the same neighborhood. I- I heard your name from my mom." 

 

Byulyi had to grin at how cute Wheein was trying to explain herself and tilts her head as she tries to remember is she had told anyone her name. 'Maybe mother did.' Shrugging the thought off, she offered the girls the vacants seats and Hwasa smiled.

 

"Thought you'd never asked."

 

Once everyone was settled, Byulyi can't seem to get her eyes away from staring at Wheein, the girl had something within her that makes Byulyi want to know her more... much more.

 

'Maybe moving places was not a bad idea afterall.'

 

 

xxx

 

Author's note: I'm really sorry if its crappy ;   ; Its my first time writing again orz. Comment and opinions are appreciated!

 

-- apcllox.