...Hurts

Good Memories

Word count: 422

 

Wheein stares numbly at the picture of her unsmiling self. Her once child-like appearance and energy all lost, somewhere along the way.

Her hand timidly wrapping around her scorching cup of coffee. It's too hot, compared to her now cold skin. The taste she used to despise, now somehow soothes her. The burning bitterness, lingering. Just like unsaid words and what could have been.

 

***

 

Moonbyul used to be such a caring, loving person. It's strange how one can change. So all out of nothing, everything was so drastic. In Wheein's head it started to become chaotic once again. 

 

***

 

"Stop it" Moonbyul huffed. Her hand drawing back as if Wheein's touch was burning her. Wheein looked away. Anywhere but at the person infront of her. Until her eyes seemed to settle on her own shoes. 

"...Do you hate me?" Wheein wispers. Her fingers fiddling with the too long sleeves of her shirt. Moonbyul doesn't reply. Instead she shoves the younger and leaves. Wheein doesn't move for quite a while. Despite it starting to rain.

Moonbyul never confirmed if she hated the younger, yet a growing feeling of sorrow and grief started to fill the now rain drenched girl.  "I'm sorry ..." Wheein mutters, whiping her eyes with her already wet sleeve.

 

***

 

 Moonbyul's laugh echoed in the dark room as Wheein whined. The elder had decided to lay ontop of the younger causing the tinier woman to grunt and whine before she too broke out into laughter. 

"I missed you" Moonbyul whispered, her hands sneaking under Wheein's shirt to caress the smooth skin causing the shorter woman to gasp. "Byuli unnie~" she whispered back, her arms lacing around the neck of the taller figure.

Moonbyul nuzzled her head into Wheein's neck. Causing the younger to giggle. 

Like that they fell asleep. After that time, always in a way similar to that.

 

***

 

Compared to back then, the bed felt too big and spacious. The sheets lacked warmth and comfort. Especially now when there was no one there to embrace her. 

Night after night she lies awake and wonders if perhaps Moonbyul is in as much pain as she is. If she too lies awake at night, unable to sleep. 

A thought stabs Wheein like a knife. She remembers how bitter Moonbyul would be after they shared a bed. How tired and exhausted the elder was after meeting her sometimes.

The very last thought that passes through her mind before she closes her eyes and succumbs to darkness is: "Ah... Finally unnie can be happy, at last"