one

Running Into Mr. Writer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When speaking of the second years of high school, during the peak of their youth, topics about love or club activities always come to mind. But in reality, in the world of Lee Jihoon, all of those were just words in the books he read all the time. Those things just doesn’t suit him at all.

Jihoon and both of his only friends, Seungkwan and Soonyoung, were sitting together in the class, right after the school ended, just to chat. No, actually Seungkwan and Soonyoung were the only one to do all of the talking, while Jihoon was calmly reading his currently favorite book, written by the author named Coups.

Seungkwan and Soonyoung were chatting with each other about clothes, Seungkwan swiped down his phone screen, and found a really nice t-shirt, he showed his phone screen right in front of Jihoon’s face that he didn’t have any choice but to look at it. “Look at this! It would look so nice on you, Jihoon!” Seungkwan said.

“How much is it?” Jihoon answered, he wasn’t interested at all but he knew he needs to show some interest so Seungkwan would stop bothering him. 

Seungkwan took back his phone and swiped it down more to see its price, he sighed as he saw how unaffordable it was. “40 dollars.”

“40 dollars? With that much money, do you know how many books I could buy? I could buy 5 volumes of John Green’s books!” he screamed annoyed. They’ve been friends since middle school, why act like they don’t know him much? Jihoon picked the novel he put on his lap and started to read it again.

“You really should stay away from those romance novel, and start one instead.” Soonyoung commented as he took away the novel Jihoon was holding tightly.

“If you’re not interested in girls. There are a lot of seniors adore you. You should just date them.” Seungkwan answered, more annoyed as he rest his back on the wall.

Jihoon’s school was an all-boys school. Not like the all-boys schools usually, instead of mix of violence and bunch of bullying, Jihoon’s school-mates were all full of affection to each other, there were no bullying at all, even a bit. With those overflowing affection, some students turned gay. Even though few boys would still go crazy when they met the girls from other school. And because of his fluffy face and petite body, Jihoon was the target of all of those raging testosterone. But Jihoon wasn’t sure about himself, he likes to read straight romance novel, but reading gay romance novel was more exciting to him.

“No,” Jihoon answered them simply. Maybe because he read a bunch of romance novel, his standard of searching mates became higher. He wanted a romantic meeting, like bumping into each other, looking into each other eyes and having that melting feeling.

“Anyway, my friend invited us to a group blind date. So there’ll be my friend and his friends, us, and girls from his school.” Seungkwan casually changed the topic, he sat back up, getting all excited by himself in the thought of interacting with girls. “Let’s all go buy some new clothes at the store by the train station!” he excitedly continued.

Speaking of train station, Jihoon was reminded about something. He quickly closed his book, he also took all of the stuffs on his desk and shoved them in his bag. “I need to catch the train, there’s a new novel coming out today,” he said as he stood up from his seat and grabbed his bag pack. “Gotta go, bye!” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter