Final

AP and book recs

Taehyung never liked the campus library. While it did have everything he needed, it was always way too crowded for him to focus, the sounds of people constantly flipping through pages and pens  scratching against paper did his head in, not to mention the constant whispering and giggling behind hands. 

 

He preferred the smaller library tucked away just behind campus, even if most of the chairs, tables and bookshelves looked like they were going to collapse any moment.  

 

He waved happily at the receptionist who greeted him with a smile as he placed his bag on a desk by the window and hung his jacket over the chair before turning to move to the bookshelf. 

 

"Taehyung-ssi, I've got another recommendation for you." The old lady called out and Taehyung blinked. Again? Taking a step over, he took the small slip of paper from the lady before opening it. 

 

I see you read my last recommendation, how about 1Q84 – Haruki Murakami? - AP 

 

Taehyung blinked. He had no idea who this AP even was but, he did give good book recs. Shrugging, he pocketed the note before moving to find the book recommended. When he found it, he picked it up before moving to find the book he'd need for his music tech course and finding a seat. Placing his bag on the table, he removed his laptop and notebook, flipping through his new recommendation while he waited for his laptop to start. Just as he was about to reach for his mouse, another piece of paper fell from between the pages.  

 

Eyeing it curiously, the brunette moved his hand to pick it up and unfold it, eyebrows shooting up  behind his fringe when realised what it was.  

 

"That's... That's a cheat sheet for my theory test tomorrow..." Taehyung spoke to himself, voice quiet and dumbfounded. This wasn't the first time it had happened. Last time he got a book rec from AP, he found a scoring guideline for the group project he had to do with his friend. They hadn't used it  that time, considering they were pretty well prepared and knew exactly what kind of song they wanted to make. But this time, Taehyung was behind on his studying, he'd been working as soon as he left campus until late at night to keep up with his rent and make sure he had enough to eat. 

 

Chewing on the lid of a pen, his eyes flickered between the sheet and his revision notes.  

 

"It wouldn't hurt...right?" He mumbled, running a hand through his hair. Taehyung had always been honest and reliable, he knew that if he used this sheet to help him pass his theory test he'd be eaten by guilt from the inside out, hell, he barely managed to keep it in when him and Jimin told Jimin's parents that they were going to study at Jungkook's so they could go to a party when they were sixteen.  

 

"Aish..." The brunette dropped his head to his laptop, giggling at himself when he looked up at the screen to see the keymash his forehead had gracefully added to his revision. Sighing once more, he lay the page out on top of the book. 

 

"One time can't hurt, right?" 

 

 

Oh how wrong he'd been. One time can definitely hurt, Kim Taehyung you idiot He was currently sat in his lecture hall, pen scribbling away at the questions on the page. He knew what he had to write, he knew the terminology that would get him the best grades, knew where to bring everything up. He was flying through the exam, already on the last question just past the halfway mark on the time. Leaning back in his chair lightly, he glanced around the room, eyes landing on Jimin who looked ready to tear his hair out and his heart fell. He couldn't do this, he'd cheated. He never asked for the sheet but he did decide to use it and he couldn't believe that he had, his palms were sweatign and he was sure evryone around him could hear his heartbeat and slightly shallow breaths.  

 

To top it all off, his eyes met their TA's. The lecturer couldn't be there today, so the student TA of the music department was sitting in instead. Taehyung liked him, not that he knew much about him. His name was Min Yoongi, he was a year above him and he specialized in composing/producing and rapping, he didn't really talk much but the few times Taehyung had seen him with his friends he always looked happy. He helped out in their classes a lot, he'd taught Taehyung how certain beats work once, but that was as far as their interactions went.  

 

Taehyung would be lying if he said he hadn't developed a crush on the older. He'd also be lying if said he hadn't just completely zoned out. He shook his head just as Yoongi smirked before tapping his desk, mouthing the words twenty minutes and Taehyung felt his heart speed up for an entirely new reason before he dropped his head down and focused on finishing his last answer. 

 

He was done within five minutes  and tried to inconspicuously close his paper and put his pen down, silently letting out a shakey breath. He watched Yoongi glance at him and raise an eyebrow before walking over and leaning down. 

 

"You're done already Taehyung?" He whispered and Taehyung felt his face heat up. 

 

"Y-yeah..." He mumbled, eyes cast on the desk. He heard a small amused huff  before his paper was moved from his view. 

 

 

"How did you finish early?" Jimin whined, slouching in his chair as he sipped his juice box. Taehyung just laughed awkwardly. 

 

"I studied hard and I guess it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be." He offered, taking a bite form his food and trying to not show how uncomfortable Jungkook's stare made him. 

 

"Riiight, and where did you find the time to study that hard Tae?" The youngest spoke and the brunette swallowed laoudly before shrugging.  

 

"I don't know I just did." Jungkook eyed him for a few more seconds before moving to Jimin to ask hima  question. Taehyung let out a sight of relief and carried on eating, trying to ignore the guilt already eating at his heart. 

 

"Taehyung, could I talk to you?" A voice broke through his thoughts and he jumped, eyes widening as he looked behind him to see Yoongi stood there. He swallowed before nodding and standing up, telling Jimin and Jungkook to carry on without him, grabbed his bag and followed the elder out of the cafeteria.  

 

This was it. He knew. Yoongi knew he cheated, he wasn't careful enough, he knew he should've left out more, his exam sounds too good, it's so obvious he cheated, god, why did he think it would be a good idea in the first place, how stupid was he. Oh god what if they kick him out of the course or make him stay be- 

 

"Are you just going to keep walking? You'll reach the science block if you don’t stop soon." Yoongi called out and Taehyung froze. Turning to look at the older sat on a bench. Blushing slightly, he hurried over to the bench and took a seat, hands holding his bag on his lap. 

 

"Sorry... Got a lot on my mind lately." He spoke quietly and Yoongi hummed in reply before tunring to him slightly. 

 

"So, today's exam, you did really good from what I could see." Taehyung felt his throat close up. Yoongi sounded so proud of him, how could he accept that? He'd cheated, he hadn't even finished reading the revision material, he'd just taken the sheet and used that. His left leg started bouncing and he whipped his head up to look the blonde in the eye before taking a deep breath. 

 

"Don't... Don't sound so proud of me. And, and please shred my paper. I.... I kind of... I mean... I found a piece of paper with all the information on and... I've been so busy with work and whenever I get home to study I just crash in front of my laptop and I had no time to study and I'm sorry I know I shouldn't have cheated but I did and please just, don't tell the professor, tell him I wasn't there and—Why are you laughing at me?!" The brunette rambled, feeling tears fill his eyes. Why was Yoongi laughing at him? 

 

"Sorry kid. But, I'm the one that gave you the sheet." The blonde spoke calmly, a small smile on his face. Taehyung blinked once, twice before jerking back ever so slightly. 

 

"You... You gave me the sheet? But nobody gave it to me, it was in a book that this AP recommended to me and..." His voice drifted off as he watched the tips of Yoongi's ears turn red. Rubbing at his eyes he leant forwards, squinting his eyes slightly. "Are... Are you AP?" He asked carefully, watching as Yoongi's mouth twitched before he smiled. 

 

"Yep. You caught me." He rubbed the back of his neck in a sheepish manner and Taehyung felt the need to smile, it was cute. 

 

"But... Why have you been leaving me book recommendations? How do you even know about the decrepit old library? Did you leave that one for me and Jiminie a few months back too?" Taehyung asked, left eyebrows raised. The blonde nodded before sighing. Taehyung blinked before leaning back. 

 

"I noticed you were reading in one of the recording studios, I can't remember what book is was but it was one I liked. And I've been going to that old library since I started here so, when I saw you in there reading another book I'd read before I thought 'hey, maybe I could recommend him some'. But when I tried to talk to you I got to nervous, honestly has anyone ever told you how bright your smile is?" Yoongi rambled and Taehyung felt his face heat up. They were silent for a while before the blonde spoke again. "I left you the cheat sheet becausese Is aw how tired you've looked lately, I didn't think you had enough time to study and I thought that I could help you out." He mumbled and Taehyung couldn’t help but smile. The brunette  stood up and stretched, turning back to the older with a hand out-stretched. 

 

"Well. How about we go talk about books and get to know each other over coffee