final

Raid

Taemin wasn’t exactly the keenest person when it came it insects, or any kind of bugs; it all started when he was back in high school and a caterpillar had fallen on his shirt and none of his friends told him about it, just snickering and chuckling when he asked them if something was wrong. He hadn’t found out until his mom took it off him when he got home. His friend, Kibum, had laughed the entirety of the day afterwards while Taemin just glared at him.

He was really grateful for Minho, his current boyfriend, who was understandable and didn’t make fun of him unlike his friends, even going as far as installing mosquito nets for their apartment, making sure there were no insects hidden anywhere before they moved in. 

He still remembered how Minho had left a window open one night at his apartment and a moth had fled inside his living room and him screaming continuously at it while holding a broom trying to shoo it away. He had hid under a blanket behind the couch until Minho had come home to save him. 

Despite many worries, Minho continuously repeated that he wasn’t really bothered by the money they had to spend to appease Taemin’s need to have a bug-free home. He was sure they wouldn’t be seeing one in a long time.

Minho was excited since this was the first date they were going to have in months since they were both busy with individual work schedules; with him staying late at the office while Taemin was managing his second restaurant.

He wanted the evening to be a flaw-free one, cooking Taemin’s favorite meal and buying the most ridiculously expensive champagne along with his favorite flowers.

He’s about to set the table when he hears a high-pitched scream coming from the bedroom, startling him and making him almost drop the plates he was holding on the floor. 

He hears the pitter-patter of bare feet tapping over the floor before Taemin crashes into the kitchen, slamming the doors open while only wearing a bathrobe and a face-mask, just recently out of the shower. He doesn’t spare Minho a glance and reaches over to a cupboard to grab a bottle of Raid and runs back to the bedroom.

Reluctantly, Minho follows him only to find Taemin spraying every corner of their bedroom with Raid, making the room reek.

“Die! Leave me alone! You’re not going anywhere near me—Hey! Give it back!”

Minho grabs the can out of Taemin’s reluctant hands, with him reaching over trying to grab it again. 

“What happened?” Minho asks while holding the can out of reach in the air.

“I saw a moth, it was big and flying towards me…” Taemin looks down sheepishly; turning a bit red knowing Minho would pick on him for that. He notices how bad the room smells now, feeling a bit bad since getting the smell out was not the easiest.

Minho just smiles over his antics and goes to open all the windows, chuckling when a moth flies out.

“You’re not going near any Raid bottles again.”


 

okay okay okay, i know this is possible the shortest, simplest story ever, but I was really really struggling to finish this. I don't want to make this a/n really long but do u guys know that saying that goes like "your biggest critic is yourself"?? well that happened to me, I just didn't really like the way I was writing and I literally re-wrote this 500 words story 3 times. thank u all v much for the subs and comments you've all given me this far, they are really nice and motivated me enough to publish this. i know this story is simple and short but I hope u guys enjoyed it at least. idk when i'll post again but i'll come back as someone who actually enjoys their writing. thank u <3