-final-

Group Discussion

It was another day of school and you're absolutely so done with it. It was not because you were bullied or anything, it was something else. Nope, you didn't have social anxiety but you rather not want to socialize. You didn't care whether the people look at you weirdly when you decide to show up to school with a brand new neon coloured hair. When people decide to stare at you, you just bowed your head down, not because you're embarrassed but it was because you were chanting curses at them. 

Did you make a pact with the devil? You should've done so at this point. Making a pact with the devil looked really complicated and your lazy just wanted to eat ramen as a late night snack. Bloated face or not, you didn't have to impress anyone anyway. 

You walk down the crowded hallway, eyeing down the cliques as they laugh out loud from their inside jokes. Are you jealous that you didn't spend your high school life as most people do? Maybe a little bit. However, you remembered that hanging out with people will eventually have drama and that's a no from you. The only drama you rather watch would be when your favourite anime character dies for stupid reasons. 

Yes, Attack on Titan, we're talking about you and your ridiculous delay. 

You pass by a number of different classrooms before you land to your destination. As expected, there was loud bustling coming from the room already. You roll your eyes, readying yourself for more dumb .

You graciously tried to make your way to your seat. But, gracefulness seems like a faraway dream when every inch of this classroom is occupied by weird kids. 

"Excuse me." You said as you try to squeeze your way in between the two boys having a conversation beside where your desk was at. 

They eyed you weirdly which makes you want to poke their eyes. What is there to look? Can I at least get to my seat without having to talk more?

"Y/N, right?" The boy with a curly bowl cut said. Sadly, despite stereotypical portrayal of quiet girls knowing their classmate's name, you don't know any of your classmates's names. Even if you got a hold of their name, it eventually will just be a forgotten memory. 

You nodded your head in response and due to his repositioning you were able to make your way to your seat. 

"Is she always like this?" You heard a voice mumble. 

"Don't worry about it. It's better if you don't associate with her. I heard a girl got injured when she tried befriending her." The other replied. 

The last response made you curl your hand into a fist. Misunderstanding is a jackass. Coincidence is a . The only reason why that rumour spread was because that girl wanted to be the centre of attention. A pathetic reason for her to be in the spotlight. You spite her for being able to rise from her status without even saying a mere 'oh gee thanks for helping out'. 

You took a deep breathe to calm yourself. This was all in the past now, you don't have to be caught up in it. 

The noisiness of the classroom came to a halt when the teacher clears his throat to get everyone's attention. People who were standing up rushed to their respective seats. The girls who were gossiping with their friend from the seat behind them turned around. The students who you were forced to open your mouth to speak, drags their chairs to take a seat. The sound of the chair not lifted up, made you scrunch your nose in annoyance. Is it that hard to quietly take out your seat?

When the class has settled down, your teacher positioned himself comfortably in front of the class. You took out your notebooks and books in preparation for the lecture. It was history class and surprisingly the class you are fond of. 

"So today, I wanted to do something different. I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing my voice every class." He started. You heard mumbles of agreement and snickers. You frown at this sudden change in routine. 

"I decided that you guys will be divided into groups of three. The objective of today's activity is to interpret in your own understanding how this event in history happened." Again, there was mixed emotions filled in the room. There was a little bit of excitement as people start to group themselves. 

"I forgot to mention that I will be the one putting you into groups." A unanimous groan of disagreement filled the room and the teacher couldn't but shrug it off. It was actually beneficial for your unsocial . 

He then took out a hand from under his desk and there were rolled papers in it. You knew this is the moment when chance will you up. 

Whatever group you were in, you just hoped that it wasn't something that will make you dye you hair a different colour out of frustration. 

Excitement fills the air and you just dully eyed your classmates. 

"Group 1 will consist of..." He called out the names and what event in history they are going to do. 

"Don't go into your groups until I have placed every single one of you into groups." He reminded us. 

You waited for your name to be called. You lightly tap the table to keep yourself busy. 

"Group 5, Y/N, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon." You poke your head up upon hearing your name and look around to see who you got into groups with. Your jaw dropped when it was the same two men you confronted with before class. They smile in glee when the two baboons got together like they were a couple. The teacher already knew this will be an interesting group. 

"Group 5 will do World War I." He said and went on to the next roll coll. You heard the curly coconut boy hiss in excitement. You groan as military history was the topic you dread the most. You didn't understand the need to fight for 'peace' when the aftermath of war was tension that will form another war. 

Upon placing everyone into groups, the teacher said to go form themselves. You knew that you had to stand up to where they were at. 2 against 1 was definitely unfair. You rather have three socially awkward people than two people who are friends with each other. 

You look at your surroundings first before finally making your way to where they were at. They were too engrossed with their conversation that they didn't notice you there. 

"So I was, like, this ain't for free. Everything comes with a price dear. Then I cupped her face. You should've seen the look on her face bruh, it was pure lust." Coconut boy said. You almost puke in front of them. Out of all the conversation they had to have, and out of all the conversation you had to hear, it was about their puny little . 

How typical.

"So what did you do after?" The tall blonde asked, totally engrossed with his bull. 

"She said, 'does paying with my body count?' Boy, I was already in too deep that I wa-" 

"Boys, please take this topic somewhere else. Don't forget you have to explain to the class tomorrow and will be graded." The teacher abruptly interrupted them. You internally said thanks and hoped that this warning will stop them. 

"Don't worry teach, we got this." The blonde boy assured him and the old man just rolled his eyes. 

They finally turned around and faced to where I was at. They both look at each other for a few seconds before starting the conversation. 

"Okay we should know everyone by now, so introductions shouldn't be needed. I will introduce myself anyway as I know everyone can't get enough of me. My name is Jung to the handsome Hoseok." He said with unnecessary confidence. 

His friend shook his head and just eyed his buddy weirdly. "I'm Kim Namjoon.”

"Y/N." 

"Okay, so we're talking about WWI. I totally slept on this one. Bro, you got a help a brother out." Hoseok asked his friend.

"Seriously, would you even survive without me." He replied dully. Hoseok just playfully grinned. You could sense a little bromance happening and sadly you were not into that .

"People tend to mark the start of the First World War when the Archbishop of Austria was shot. Though this can be a good starting point, it is not the actual reason as to why it started. The war took place mostly in the Western Front and the first battles were in the Ypres Salient. Many thought the war would end before Christmas but they didn't expect it to last four years..." Namjoon went on and on. Hoseok started dozing off. Hoseok then placed a finger on his mouth to stop his little lecture.

"Bro, I appreciate the very knowledgeable run through of this but I didn't say spit out what you swallowed from the textbook." Hoseok said and Namjoon slap his finger off of his face. 

At this point, you knew you wouldn't be speaking for this presentation. You already got it planned out: let them speak, get the mark, just slay at the final exam. It was easy. The only obstacle now was how to keep up with these two totally contrasting baboons. 

"What do you even wanna know?" Namjoon asked.

"Did the men get laid?" Hoseok asked. You could feel your cheeks burn up a little bit. 

"Of course man, before the war though. Can't with a broken hip, right?" Namjoon replied with a grin. 

How could these two people talk turn the war into something so ual?

"How could you even say that when millions of men died?" You mumbled to yourself. There was a moment of silence. You slightly panic with your thought spilling out from your mouth. You didn't want to argue now. You didn't want to waste a single calorie for these ignorant fools.

"Thought I heard something." Hoseok said. 

"I thought so too." Namjoon replied.

You turned your hands into fist. Now these ers dared to ignore you. Typically, you wouldn't be really bothered from this but their ignorant asses ticked you off. 

Yes, you didn't bother with military history but the one thing you take into heart of it is the number of people who died. 

They proceeded with their conversation. You tried thinking of something else to not get into a fight. 

"Do you think their size is bigger than mine? I mean I eat better than them." 

Hoseok's remark was drew the last straw and you slammed your fist on to the table. They both turned their heads in surprise. 

"You know you can just leave if you want to." Namjoon remarked. You took a deep breath and was ready to spit some fire.

Not really fire, but you know what they mean.  

"You know, I would totally take that offer but I just want to say something here." You gritted your teeth in annoyance. Then, you pointed your finger to Hoseok, it was not like your finger was close to his face but he slightly moved back.

"You er, how could you inappropriately make a joke out of this when millions of people died? This in war was already a joke to begin with but you made it even worse!" You hissed. 

"And you! You were doing good at explaining the war but you got distracted and now you rode into the boat of idiocy." You said to Namjoon, now pointing to him. 

They turned their heads to look at each other. You were ready to fight at this point. You know you can’t fight them with your small stature but if you can at least a blow below the belt, you can totally win this.

“Well, I guess we’re ed.” Hoseok threw his hands up to the air in exasperation, “Bro, look what you made her do? Now we’re cursed!”

You tilt your head in confusion.

“Don’t put the blame on me, you ! You were the one who asked about it first!” Namjoon retorted.

Like an imaginary light bulb just at the top of your head, you knew exactly why they were acting this way. You scrunched your nose in annoyance.

Hoseok stood up and went in to kneel at the area where you were at. You were completely taken aback by this out-dated movement of pleading. Hoseok turned around to look at Namjoon and motioned him to do same. Namjoon stood up in defeat and repeated what Hoseok has done.

“You can curse however you want, but please don’t curse this beautiful nose of mine.” Hoseok pleaded.

“What?”

“Yeah, these dimples too.” Namjoon followed.

You suddenly hear whispers around the room and the teacher didn’t really give a .

NO, NO, NO. THIS WAS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED.

This unwanted attention was not part of the plan. Your plan was to just say your opinion then leave as Namjoon offered. You didn’t expect it to be some mafia scene.

“Omg look at what that girl is doing to our ray of sunshine.” One whispered.

“The nerves of that girl, but I guess those two are done now. Nice knowing them.” Another followed.

You felt your ears burn a little bit and you rise from your seat and blazed out of the classroom. The two followed closely behind.

They were no tears falling. Why should you even cry? Crying was for you told yourself.

“Y/N! Please listen to us!” Hoseok pleaded, as he followed me from behind. I didn’t turn around and ignored him.

“Do you like ice cream? We can treat you ice cream!” Namjoon said in desperation. You stopped in your tracks upon hearing this. You glared at them as you turned around to face them.

“Nobody can turn down ice cream.” Namjoon grinned. You scoffed.

“Okay, can I just make this clear, I don’t have the ability to put some sort of witchcraft to you guys. I can’t believe you listen to those rumours.” You said.

“So you’re not going to ruin this nose?”

“Well, I can if I land my punch accurately.” You replied, making him cover his nose on instinct.

You suddenly laugh at his childishness. The two men stared at you in disbelief. They suddenly admired the way your eyes appeared and the way your lips curved upwards as you went into your own dreamland.

It took you a while to notice that they were staring at you weirdly. You immediately returned back to your stoic expression.

“Wow,” Hoseok remarked, “do that again.”

You tilt your head in confusion. “What?”

“That…was awesome.” Namjoon mumbled.

“You two are very weird and I don’t hang out with people so let me go now, okay?” You said as you peaced out of them.

Suddenly, one hand grabbed you by your wrist which made you stop and spun around to see their grinning faces again.

“We are definitely treating you ice cream.” Hoseok said, as he gripped your wrist. An arm suddenly snakes on top your shoulder. You slowly turn your head to see Namjoon inches away from your face.

“Yeah, so we can discuss more about the war,” Namjoon said, “properly this time.”

The sudden skin to skin contact was making your stomach churn and you didn’t know why. You didn’t know why they started acting friendly. You didn’t know why you guys were headed somewhere away from the class that was not even done. You didn’t know how you will handle this newfound thing called ‘friendliness’.

What you did know was, this was going to be a war of hormones. 

 


 

Hope you guys like this confusing drabble!